What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Ike said:

8 year olds dude...

I saw the Italian movie trailer like 3-4 months ago. And its just some road trip about them "having adventures" and trying to meet woman.

It doesn't have the style or feel of a Coen brothers movie, its just some mid-life guys trying to find themselves type of movie. Which just doesn't work if the guy actually is a child molester. lol

10 hours ago, jehurey said:

I saw the Italian movie trailer like 3-4 months ago. And its just some road trip about them "having adventures" and trying to meet woman.

It doesn't have the style or feel of a Coen brothers movie, its just some mid-life guys trying to find themselves type of movie. Which just doesn't work if the guy actually is a child molester. lol

Bummer 

Holy fucking shit, just watched Uncut Gems....... how.... how is this an Adam Sandler movie.

One of the best films I have ever seen. I don't think I took a breath for over 2 hours. No movie has ever stressed me out like that. The pacing is unreal, the editing, the music, the performances, just out of this world good. 

Legit shook at how good that was. 10/10

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Holy fucking shit, just watched Uncut Gems....... how.... how is this an Adam Sandler movie.

One of the best films I have ever seen. I don't think I took a breath for over 2 hours. No movie has ever stressed me out like that. The pacing is unreal, the editing, the music, the performances, just out of this world good. 

The last act was amazing! 

57 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I strongly advocate seeing this in a theater. Not because its a visual feast for the eyes.

But rather because you are "trapped" in your seat and you have no choice but to see this unfold, as it overwhelms and suffocates you. Its watching a man drown for 2 hours.

I was hoping for them to turn down the volume as I watched it.

• Upvote 2

So I decided to finally binge watch all of the Fast & Furious movies as its the one franchise i've neglected even though I like big dumb action movies. 

I just finished Furious 7 and damn, despite remembering so many of the discussions the folks here were having regarding the ending and its tribute to Paul Walker, that shit was still incredibly emotional and well done.

Edited by Twinblade
5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

it's a real gem 

I was about to watch it over the weekend - and when I started it, mi lady who was working at home started complaining wanting to watch it with me :reg:

so I put it on hold

sometimes I think you had the right idea GD :reg: 

women :reg:

Edited by Boss
2 minutes ago, Boss said:

I was about to watch it over the weekend - and when I started it, mi lady who was working at home started complaining wanting to watch it with me :reg:

so I put it on hold

sometimes I think you had the right idea GD :reg: 

women :reg:

as great as the ex was as a person, it was the best move ever :aitch:

and uncut was in my top 5 :aitch:

12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I didn't realize that was the name of the new Saw movie and got all excited this was going to be the second Chris Rock and Sam Jackson movie coming out. :happysad:

I mean they’re technically both in it. Chris Rock wrote the movie. I’m kind of looking forward to this one. I’ve always enjoyed the Saw movies but Jigsaw wasn’t good at all. 

I finally saw Jojo Rabbit last night.

And its a really good movie. Its not really fair to pit one moviemaker versus another, but I'm getting sick and tired of Wes Anderson's shtick, and Taika Waititi does everything Wes Anderson does well, but he actually makes his movie actually be funny, and be a good story.

It look fantastic from a visual standpoint, its very quirky in cute ways but also in terms of dark comedy, they have alot of heartwarming scenes that are Roberto Begnini-like. Every character is used well.

And then there are 2 or 3 scenes in the movie that are almost Steven Spielberg/Schindler's List-levels of poignancy. Now Schindler's List has like 40 moments like that, so I'm not saying that the movie is on the level of that.  But it does have some real heartfelt scenes. Sam Rockwell is great in this, from beginning to end. So is Scarlet Johansen.

Thor Ragnarok was a fun movie for what it was, but this is clearly Taika Wititi's best all-around movie.