What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Just now, Ike said:

Lena Hedley was awesome in Dredd and was in 300 before GoT.

Kit Harington and Richard Madden (Robb Stark) are going to be in Marvel's The Eternals at the end of the year.

Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister)  was the bad guy in the new Godzilla and will be in the sequels.

Maise Williams (Arya Stark) will be The New Mutants movie.

I think they cast Tormund in The Witcher season 2 as well.

yup. he's going to be awesome. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Finally watched Parasite. Thought it was excellent. Not sure if it or Uncut Gems is my fav movie of last year.

yeah, that's tough. 

i think parasite was the best made movie of 2019, with uncut gems being pretty close to it. however, joker and john wick 3 were my personal favorites. 

32 minutes ago, -GD- said:

yeah, that's tough. 

i think parasite was the best made movie of 2019, with uncut gems being pretty close to it. however, joker and john wick 3 were my personal favorites. 

All 4 are so different too and excel at what they are trying to do. Parasite is without a doubt the best directed and produced film, but I expect that from South Korean movies compared to American. The cinematography alone is on a whole other level. But uncut gems was such a surprise and had a pacing and tension/stress I didn’t even think was possible to create in a film.

Joker and John Wick I loved too. Was a pretty good year overall. Even really like Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Good choices mentioned, but I would put 1917 at the top of the production and cinematography categories.

100%

i was afraid i'd hate it like i hated gravity....but holy fuck...that was unlike anything else i've ever seen. 

On 2020-01-16 at 7:25 PM, Hot Sauce said:

Mindhunter actors released from contracts. What the fuck, Netflix. ;(

That Unabomber limited series was also great. It felt like a sequel to Mindhunter. 

17 minutes ago, -GD- said:

100%

i was afraid i'd hate it like i hated gravity....but holy fuck...that was unlike anything else i've ever seen. 

The comparison quad damage made in this thread to gravity was fair, but still sells it way short. That’s why I didn’t really want people thinking it’s another gravity. 

For one, it’s actually good.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Delita said:

The comparison quad damage made in this thread to gravity was fair, but still sells it way short. That’s why I didn’t really want people thinking it’s another gravity. 

For one, it’s actually good.

yeah! i mean...the story is whatever. however, unlike gravity, i was consistently wow'd and on edge.  i have never seen such amazing camera work.  

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

yeah! i mean...the story is whatever. however, unlike gravity, i was consistently wow'd and on edge.  i have never seen such amazing camera work.  

Spoiler

When the trip mine goes off in the bunker legit scared the fuck out of me. :biggrin:

it’s so tense and I turned my head for one second 

BOOM. The perfect theatre movie

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Delita said:
Spoiler

When the trip mine goes off in the bunker legit scared the fuck out of me. :biggrin:

it’s so tense and I turned my head for one second 

BOOM. The perfect theatre movie

haha me too :D 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Strangest film I think I ever scene.    Thanks Double-Toasted

:scust: you should be banned and your god as well :scust: 

Eh, I'm disappoiunted in that short film because it didn't commit to being one specific thing, it almost tried to be like three things. Like an Adult Swim Super Dark comedy, or like a Jordan Peele creepy horror thing, or trying to be a straight drama.

I guess it settled on having a horror-like ending, but its not very satisfying.  I think they should've just made a super-fucked up dark comedy.

What I appreciated through the first half of the movie is that it felt like a pretty low budget short film that almost seems attainable by just having some actors in a house and filming it on a smartphone.

Its makes you wonder why type of short film a person could genuinely make, what type of story they could make, with just their immediate surroundings and a smart phone and maybe a couple of people to help out.

Edited by jehurey