What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

FInally got around to watching the 2nd season of AMC's The Terror. I don't think it compares to the first season, but its definitely enjoyable. The japanese ghost story it sets up doesn't do anything out of the ordinary, but what I liked most about this was their depiction of the japanese interment camps during WW2. I can't recall any other shows or movies that have delved into that part of history like this, so that was definitely interesting to see. It was also cool to find out that a bunch of the cast and crew were japanese americans who had ancestors in the camp. George Takei has a recurring role on the show and he was actually interned in one as a kid.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2020-03-12 at 11:36 AM, Twinblade said:

FInally got around to watching the 2nd season of AMC's The Terror. I don't think it compares to the first season, but its definitely enjoyable. The japanese ghost story it sets up doesn't do anything out of the ordinary, but what I liked most about this was their depiction of the japanese interment camps during WW2. I can't recall any other shows or movies that have delved into that part of history like this, so that was definitely interesting to see. It was also cool to find out that a bunch of the cast and crew were japanese americans who had ancestors in the camp. George Takei has a recurring role on the show and he was actually interned in one as a kid.

is there a lot of Japanese dialoguge? rarely are japanese americans used as cast -- always a korean or chinese. Could be a cool buff to watch. Is it on netflix?

16 minutes ago, kokujin said:

is there a lot of Japanese dialoguge? rarely are japanese americans used as cast -- always a korean or chinese. Could be a cool buff to watch. Is it on netflix?

Yeah, a lot of the scenes are the characters talking to each other in japanese. And unfortunately its not on netflix yet.

Edited by Twinblade

Westworld season 3 opener was ok. It's definitely a change of pace from the last two seasons. I liked Aaron Paul's character and am excited to see where his story goes. Still a lot of mystery and intrigue and we barely saw the parks. The step-up in budget leading to increased production values was also definitely noticeable. This is no doubt HBO's premier show now that GoT is over.

Curb was really great. The spite store running gag paid off with it finally opening.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Westworld season 3 opener was ok. It's definitely a change of pace from the last two seasons. I liked Aaron Paul's character and am excited to see where his story goes. Still a lot of mystery and intrigue and we barely saw the parks. The step-up in budget leading to increased production values was also definitely noticeable. This is no doubt HBO's premier show now that GoT is over.

Curb was really great. The spite store running gag paid off with it finally opening.

the opening scene in westworld was amazing! i have to watch the rest. i'll catch that, saul and curb tonight. 

Rise of Skywalker...:interesting:

Spoiler

I liked Palpatine in it.  He's pretty reliable as bad guys go.  Same thing with John Williams.  Was quite surprised with how well they handled the Leia death.  Not everything worked in it though IMO.  I think I understand some of the backlash. 

1 hour ago, Angelfish said:

Rise of Skywalker...:interesting:

Hide contents

I liked Palpatine in it.  He's pretty reliable as bad guys go.  Same thing with John Williams.  Was quite surprised with how well they handled the Leia death.  Not everything worked in it though IMO.  I think I understand some of the backlash. 

Hell, I dun forgot half of what happened in that movie. lol

I have to admit, I've never seen a full episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm - just clips, or and while over at friend's houses; and it's not because I dislike Larry David or something, it was just always a series I thought to myself "Oh right I need to watch that!" only to forget when I get home.

So here we are 10 years later, and I'm watching season 1. On the flipside, the bingefest couldn't have come at a better time. :killzone:

• Like 2

i get annoyed by the curb clips thinking like wtf does an old white guy show do to get such recognition. IDK cause i still haven't watched it. i wanna give this sunny show a try first.

just too much stuff to watch and game ugghaarrrhgghghhg.. and then you die

Edited by kaz
19 minutes ago, kaz said:

i wanna give this sunny show a try first.

Now that I have watched, and can fully recommend it.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Enjoyed the Westworld S3 premiere but it is basically a totally new show. 

Spoiler

A theory floating around right now is that Los Angeles is actually just a simulated version of the real world and that world we saw the man in black at the end of season 2 is actually what the real world looks like. The show is still fun to read stuff about. Also, we’re still not sure that Aaron Paul’s character isn’t a host at this point. Plus, who’s in Charlotte’s body? It’s Teddy right? 

1 minute ago, Ike said:
  Hide contents

A theory floating around right now is that Los Angeles is actually just a simulated version of the real world and that world we saw the man in black at the end of season 2 is actually what the real world looks like. The show is still fun to read stuff about. Also, we’re still not sure that Aaron Paul’s character isn’t a host at this point. Plus, who’s in Charlotte’s body? It’s Teddy right? 

Very very very possible and would explain one of the design choices in that ep, specially the 'location' screen. I told my wife how much that screen looked like a gaming loading screen every time it came up. 

Another VERY strange thing i kept mentioning is how literally the entire city was empty in very specific moments and clearly made to look that way. The whole final scenes with the chase and the shooting, there was not one single vehicle on the highway outside of the two cars the main characters were in. Then in the park there was not a single person except for the ppl in the shootout and Aaron Paul's character. 

Regarding Charlotte's body, I don't think we know yet who is in it. Dolores did it so it could be Teddy working as her accomplice. We also don't know who those other Pearls that were taken out of Westworld are. 

[/spolier]

Slower episode of Saul but this season has been incredible for Rhea Seehorn and I really hope she get recognition for this season at the emmys. Kim seems to be front and center this season and I’m all for it. She’s a great character by a wonderful actor. 

8 hours ago, Ike said:

Slower episode of Saul but this season has been incredible for Rhea Seehorn and I really hope she get recognition for this season at the emmys. Kim seems to be front and center this season and I’m all for it. She’s a great character by a wonderful actor. 

Agreed. Not my favorite episode, but rhea has really shined.