What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Finished Ozark S3. I have a fair few thoughts...

Full spoilers:

First of all, overall I thought it was a great season. Had me gripped from the onset, had a frantic pace and the performances were incredibly. I thought up to about ep7 it was pretty much top quality, the best it has ever been. But then it faltered in a way that is more disappointing than just plain bad. It's frustrating that such a story with some many intricate strands the story has, with so many moving parts, so many characters, so many different factions and so many huge decisions made by major characters in the show that everything comes undone because of a brother (that we hadn't heard of prior to this) who happens to be bipolar decided to go off his meds because he couldn't get it up. All the greed, the power, the planning, the backstabbing of the Byrdes and everyone around them, none of that led to all the tension and problems but instead a bipolar brother being.....bipolar. Thankfully the performances were still incredible and they worked the plot they were given immensely well but it's decisions like that that continually stop this show from reaching the heights of Breaking Bad, The Shield, Sopranos, etc. There was a million ways that this could've all came crumbling down that had to do with actual consequences from actions but this all unraveled due to 'extended family'. A theme that they have continually used this way. Same with same season and Ruth's dad. No more please. It's even more of a shame because this show excels so much at writing the children characters (a usual major weak point in these kind of shows). 

The ending was awesome, fully expected but awesome still and everything set up again very well for next season. But enough with the outside side influences becoming major contributing factors.

So overall still a great season, better than S2 imo but really could've been brilliant if not for that big mistep imo

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Ozark S3. I have a fair few thoughts...

Full spoilers:

Hide contents

First of all, overall I thought it was a great season. Had me gripped from the onset, had a frantic pace and the performances were incredibly. I thought up to about ep7 it was pretty much top quality, the best it has ever been. But then it faltered in a way that is more disappointing than just plain bad. It's frustrating that such a story with some many intricate strands the story has, with so many moving parts, so many characters, so many different factions and so many huge decisions made by major characters in the show that everything comes undone because of a brother (that we hadn't heard of prior to this) who happens to be bipolar decided to go off his meds because he couldn't get it up. All the greed, the power, the planning, the backstabbing of the Byrdes and everyone around them, none of that led to all the tension and problems but instead a bipolar brother being.....bipolar. Thankfully the performances were still incredible and they worked the plot they were given immensely well but it's decisions like that that continually stop this show from reaching the heights of Breaking Bad, The Shield, Sopranos, etc. There was a million ways that this could've all came crumbling down that had to do with actual consequences from actions but this all unraveled due to 'extended family'. A theme that they have continually used this way. Same with same season and Ruth's dad. No more please. It's even more of a shame because this show excels so much at writing the children characters (a usual major weak point in these kind of shows). 

The ending was awesome, fully expected but awesome still and everything set up again very well for next season. But enough with the outside side influences becoming major contributing factors.

So overall still a great season, better than S2 imo but really could've been brilliant if not for that big mistep imo

i couldn't agree more with your praise and gripes. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Has anyone seen outlander? I keep on hearing about this show. Some dude from IGN just gushed about it and now I sort of want to watch it 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/binge-it-outlander-has-the-best-sex-and-violence-on-tv-right-now%3Famp%3D1

I just got a 3 month sub to starz. I will check it out!

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

I just got a 3 month sub to starz. I will check it out!

It’s pretty good. I watched the first season. The guy who played Brutus in Rome is in the cast. Women like it so I’d watch it with your girl. It’s based off a 9 book long series of novels. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

'Yo dawg we heard you liked Train to Busan and also happened to like Mad Max so we decided to just combine the 2 :smoke:'

holy....fuck!!!!!!!!....

8 hours ago, -GD- said:

holy....fuck!!!!!!!!....

Yeah they're really making use of the bigger budget. It also looks like they might be aiming for a simultaneous U.S./Korean release, which is good as the original Korean release was scheduled for august. The only question now is whether or not the virus will cause it to get delayed.

Edited by Twinblade

I know I’m late as hell to this party, but the show Person Of Interest is one helluva show. Definitely worth checking it out if you haven’t already, it’s on Netflix. I started last week and finishing up S3 right now lol. 

I had heard it back in the day but dismissed it because I thought it was just another one of those CIA / Government shows that’s on CBS.. When I looked it up on IMDB before starting it, I saw Jonathon Nolan was the main creator, the same person behind WestWorld. That did peak some interest but it was the IMDB rating / episode ratings that really sparked my interest into it.

It has 103 episodes with an 8.4 rating, that’s honestly pretty good considering each season besides the final one had 22-23 episodes..honestly should be higher than the 8.4 rating... Then I looked at the episode ratings per season and not a single episode goes below 8.0, in fact pretty much half the episodes in each season are above 9, with many being 9.6 and up. So naturally I decided to check it out and I’m impressed by the quality of it all.

Season 1, especially the first half, is pretty much the same run of the mill CIA / cop cable network shows we’ve all seen, but they wrap up the season strongly. S2 is where it starts picking up a lot of steam and starts to shine bright. I have 2 more episodes on S3, but this season took off the gloves and really flexed its muscles. Absolutely trilling tv. And I’ve heard it only gets better :bow:

Anyone here still listen to dubstep / electronic music anymore? I remember back in the day so many of us did. 

Anyways, here’s a few tracks my homies made some really dope edits of. The songs are more on the chiller side but with the hip hop vocals laid on top of them makes them a lil more hype. 

Bassnectar - Irresistible Force (DropDoc Edit)

Bassnectar - Arps of Revolucion (DropDoc Edit)

Bassnectar - Underwater x Gucci Mane (DJ Hippo Edit)

Bassnectar - Timestretch x It’s A Fine Day x Poetic Justice x Hustlin’ (NYE 18/19 Edit)

Parade Into Centuries x Pimpin’ (DJ Hippo Edit)