What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I have to rant about Outlander. This show has its moments but holy hell was it ever made for chicks. The male lead is the most perfect character on any TV show ever, to the point where its actually comical. Dude has a different skill every episode, and theres no explanation whatsoever as to how he manages to be so good at seemingly EVERYTHING. Its seriously distracting.

It’s essentially a women’s smut novel series. There’s like 9 books out too. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Ike said:

It’s essentially a women’s smut novel series. There’s like 9 books out too. 

The show is pretty trashy overall, but its definitely on the 'well made' side of trashiness. I don't love it, but im nearly done with the 4th season and its somehow managed to keep my attention so far.

34 minutes ago, Ike said:

Ozark season 3: Ben is a bad character and brought down the entire season. He’s so dumb. 

He was a great character,however, I didn’t like what the writers did with him eps 8 and on 

13 minutes ago, -GD- said:

He was a great character,however, I didn’t like what the writers did with him eps 8 and on 

Spoiler

I was glad to see him die :shrug:

• Haha 1

Late to the party a bit but I just saw the Arrow finale.  I suppose it was tastefully done and there probably wasn't anywhere left for the series to go so it made sense to call it a day.  Not sure if I'm pumped for the upcoming Superman and Lois Lane tv series though.

Trying to clean out my DVR, so I had to watch some stuff on it.

Watched The Girls in the Spiders Web, I enjoy the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie and its sequel with Noomi Rapace, and I think that the David Fincher/Daniel Craig version is pretty slick.

This movie, which is not connected to any of those but its clear that its meant to take place after the events of the first movie, is just kind of silly.

The hacking is treated like an afterthought, the movie begins with Lisbeth hacking into the fucking NSA to steal something, and this after it was explained to her that the files are like super top secret stuff.

And they make Lisbeth Salander almost be like Bruce Wayne/Batman levels of preparedness and going around ambushing people. They're making her too overpowered. And then Mikael Blumkvist is a annoying twerp who barely helps out. The story feels like they're exaggerating the world that they've built up with the first three novels. Its cartoonish in comparison.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I haven't kept up with Westworld but ign gave the finale a 5 which took me by surprise.

Yeah, I can see why it was given that. It was sort of a letdown. 

Looks like Tom Cruise is going to space, with some help from Elon Musk.

Out Of This World! Tom Cruise Plots Movie To Shoot In Space With Elon Musk’s SpaceX

Co-Editor-in-Chief, Film

May 4, 2020 4:24pm

EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that Tom Cruise and Elon Musk’s Space X are working on a project with NASA that would be the first narrative feature film – an action adventure – to be shot in outer space. It’s not a Mission: Impossible film and no studio is in the mix at this stage but look for more news as I get it. But this is real, albeit in the early stages of liftoff.

Mission: Impossible Fallout took a break, literally when he broke his ankle in a leap from one rooftop to the other and he also hung from a helicopter; he hung from the side of a jet plane during takeoff in Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation, and in Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol he scaled the Burj Khalifa, the Dubai skyscraper, and executed stunts 123 floors up. He is meticulous in preparing these stunts he does, which are frightening just to watch.

There has never been a leading man (Jackie Chan might dispute this) who puts himself at risk as often as does Cruise, in the name of the most realistic action sequences possible. If he is successful shooting a project in Musk’s space ship, he will be alone in the Hollywood record books. Stay tuned.

Elon Musk and Tom Cruise just keep on pushing the bar for impressive achievements by 5ft 6inch guys with obvious chips on their shoulders.

Edited by jehurey
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Finally watched Westworld finally. Man this season really just turned into meh by the end imo. Weakest Westworld finale so far. Don’t even know where they go from here 

i'm afraid to watch it because everyone i know was let down lol.