What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

What if I'm an HBO tv subcriber?

Like through your cable provider? I’m not sure. I subscribe to hbo through iTunes. It’s probably somewhere on their site. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Started FX’s What we do in the Shadows. It’s fantastic.

If you are a fan of Matt Berry, and can watch IFC shows video on demand, he had a 6-episode short series called The Year of the Rabbit.

Funny as shit. Turn on the closed caption, though.

Also, Toast of London on Netflix is the quintessential Matt Berry show.

Apparently, a review had already been posted (by deadline, or some other outlet) and they called it 'goofy".

But I don't know...........I mean, I didn't know about Bong Joon-ho when i saw the movie several years ago.

My impressions of the movie was that it was kind of a unique premise, it looked gritty.........but they were laying the messaging down REALLY REALLY THICK. Like you couldn't miss what they were trying to say.

So, I imagine that would be seen as "goofy" as well if it were being reviewed today.

I finished Rectify. Daniel may be the most broken character I’ve seen in TV. The actor’s carefully restrained performance made his never-ending internal conflict feel so believable. It also provided a necessary contrast to elevate his haunting outbursts and occasional, genuine moments of happiness. This show challenges one’s patience, but rewards one’s time. It’s not for everyone, but it truly nails an imate’s life, before and after a stint in prison, and the potential impact it can have on family and friends. This was a true character study gem. 

What We Do In The Shadows is so fucking great. One of the best comedies on tv right now. First two seasons on Hulu with the second season currently airing. It’s a mockumentary type show about vampires living in Staten Island. Based on the movie of the same name from Taika Watiti and Jermaine Clement. Can’t recommend it enough. 

Finished the 2 seasons of Dead to Me . I thought this was gonna be a comedy, and to an extent it is . But its pretty serious for the most part , with touches of comedy here and there. 

Overall I really liked it and I'll def be in for s3 .

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Finished the 2 seasons of Dead to Me . I thought this was gonna be a comedy, and to an extent it is . But its pretty serious for the most part , with touches of comedy here and there. 

Overall I really liked it and I'll def be in for s3 .

Yeah, it’s like a dark dramedy 

I stumbled upon Ash vs Evil Dead on netflix and realized that I had never seen the 3rd (and final) season, even though I really enjoyed the first two.

What a ridiculously fun ride it was, its unfortunate that it ends on such a huge cliffhanger considering that they cancelled the show afterwards :meh: 

Devs on FX seems to be what season 3 of Westworld wanted to be at least on a writing and philosophical standpoint. Only first episode in but I’m very intrigued at where this is heading. 

46 minutes ago, Ike said:

Devs on FX seems to be what season 3 of Westworld wanted to be at least on a writing and philosophical standpoint. Only first episode in but I’m very intrigued at where this is heading. 

Really? Shit...is the season done?

7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Really? Shit...is the season done?

Yeah, it’s 8 hour long episodes. I’m probably going to binge it today. On Hulu and it’s from Alex Garland who did Ex Machina and Annihilation. 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, it’s 8 hour long episodes. I’m probably going to binge it today. On Hulu and it’s from Alex Garland who did Ex Machina and Annihilation. 

No way! I will check it out! 

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

This japanese netflix show based on The Grudge looks campy af, but im definitely interested

okay i should watch the grudge first. I liked the trailer :ben: 

5 hours ago, Ike said:

Don't forget that he also wrote 28 days later, still one of the best zombie movies of all time :smoke: