What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Don't forget that he also wrote 28 days later, still one of the best zombie movies of all time :smoke: 

Just looked at his filmography and he did the screenplay for Dredd as well. Dude is quality. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Am really interested in this. I was thinking that Showtime was probably on their way out because they were cancelling shows like Ray Donovan, and Shameless is ending.

But, they brought back Penny Dreadful (but I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't extend it after this season). They had a second season of Black Monday (but its future prospects are also dim).

But this show coming in August looks really cool.

Old Ethan Hawke is suddenly becoming more in-your-face and crazy. I think its fucking awesome to see him doing more over-the-top acting roles, like as if he's starting to realize that he can ham it up and have more-commanding performances.

Ho-ho-hoooly shit. I like this Ethan Hawke.

10 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Season 4 of money heist owned :smoke: 

It felt like the quickest season but thats likely because the pacing was on speed....once it gets going it doesn't slow down.

Also how good was the 

rooftop scene where the characters do their swap and completely fool the police? That was one of my favorite moments in the series.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It felt like the quickest season but thats likely because the pacing was on speed....once it gets going it doesn't slow down.

Also how good was the 

Hide contents

rooftop scene where the characters do their swap and completely fool the police? That was one of my favorite moments in the series.

Agreed! The whole “plan” was amazing! And yup, the pacing is incredible! 

I finished Devs last night. It definitely was really well written sci-fi with some beautiful shots. I definitely think it’s very similar in themes and philosophy to Westworld season 3 and does it more successfully. It’s definitely a slow burn show, but you’ll probably just want to finish it one go since most episodes average around 45 minutes over 8 episodes. If you’re a fan of Alex Garland, you should watch it. He wrote and directed the entire 8 episode run. 

• Upvote 2

Couldn’t decide on what to watch so just settled on watching all of The Twilight Zone. I’ve seen most of the good ones but just going to watch it through. It’s insane that this is 50 years old. Such amazing television for the time. 

I dare you guys to watch episodes of The Andy Griffith show. I am watching them on sundance television (usually late at night).

That show can actually be funny. Not only that, but Andy is always fucking with everybody in town. Not just Barney.

They had this episode where there was this guy was a door to door salesman, and he's terrible because he actually tries to dissuade people from buying his stuff. So Andy allows him to stop walking door to door, and just setup his wares on a bench on the sidewalk.

And the local store owner, Mr. Weaver, is a cranky old bastard. And he starts barking to Andy that he can't sell his stuff on the sidewalk, as per law.

So, Andy gets an idea and starts smiling. And they help the salesman with a table off in a few behind the sidewalk in between buildings.

Cranky ol' Mr. Weaver starts complaining that he is not a real store because the law requires that it have a roof.

So Andy and Barney get him an umbrella.

And Cranky Ol' Mr. Weaver says that ain't a real roof, it has to be part of a building structure.

So Andy and Barney build him a basic wooden structure.

And the old bastard just keeps on getting madder and madder.:tom:

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, jehurey said:

I dare you guys to watch episodes of The Andy Griffith show. I am watching them on sundance television (usually late at night).

That show can actually be funny. Not only that, but Andy is always fucking with everybody in town. Not just Barney.

They had this episode where there was this guy was a door to door salesman, and he's terrible because he actually tries to dissuade people from buying his stuff. So Andy allows him to stop walking door to door, and just setup his wares on a bench on the sidewalk.

And the local store owner, Mr. Weaver, is a cranky old bastard. And he starts barking to Andy that he can't sell his stuff on the sidewalk, as per law.

So, Andy gets an idea and starts smiling. And they help the salesman with a table off in a few behind the sidewalk in between buildings.

Cranky ol' Mr. Weaver starts complaining that he is not a real store because the law requires that it have a roof.

So Andy and Barney get him an umbrella.

And Cranky Ol' Mr. Weaver says that ain't a real roof, it has to be part of a building structure.

So Andy and Barney build him a basic wooden structure.

And the old bastard just keeps on getting madder and madder.:tom:

Matlock was peak Andy Griffith :smoke:

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah was a fun watch. My wife loved it too. Was actually surprised by the finale. Some decent surprises 

Yeah, I think season 2 is going to be great.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Ike said:

Couldn’t decide on what to watch so just settled on watching all of The Twilight Zone. I’ve seen most of the good ones but just going to watch it through. It’s insane that this is 50 years old. Such amazing television for the time. 

Honestly one of my fav shows of all time.

• Upvote 1