What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

it can be very hit/miss, but season 11 is godly. 

these 2 vids you posted sold me. love how he yelled "YEAH??" to his neighbour at the end of the first video after going psycho. :D 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, kaz said:

these 2 vids you posted sold me. love how he yelled "YEAH??" to his neighbour at the end of the first video after going psycho. :D 

:D it's awesome man! just start from season 1 and skip the eps that have crappy premises (you can tell 5 min in if it's going to be great)

Mowgli was alright. I was familiar with it being a darker Jungle Book, but jesus. I would have totally had my kids watch this thinking 'w/e, it's still a kids movie' and felt like such an asshole for making them watch it. Some Bambi level feels.

11 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Mowgli was alright. I was familiar with it being a darker Jungle Book, but jesus. I would have totally had my kids watch this thinking 'w/e, it's still a kids movie' and felt like such an asshole for making them watch it. Some Bambi level feels.

Mowgli's ebullience. 

On 2018-12-07 at 6:13 PM, Hot Sauce said:

I'm watching now. Poor boot 

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It definitely caught my interest, looking forward to your impressions.

I'm two episodes in, and I'm digging it, and only had 8 episodes as well.

Essentially it's about Poland in 2003, gearing up for the 20th anniversary of their 9/11 attack back in 83' - hence the title; and how those attacks unified the country, and essentially stalled communism from collapsing. The  Soviets mind you are apparently very weakened, having fought an extended insurgency in Georgia (not spoilers just a nightly news clip to 'bring you up to speed' on the show's universe).

The story is presented from various angles: A detective who was on the rise but asked the wrong question years ago, the 'Freedom Fighters' and their actions and goals leading up to the anniversary, a young kid who's parents perished in the attacks, and fully believes in the State, and its propaganda. 

From what little I've gathered, it's going to have all their paths inter-connect as plot rises to its zenith. I would recommend the show as it's sort of an alternate world history. Also, you can listen to English dub, but I put on the subtitles and switched it back  to the original language.