What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2019-01-23 at 4:16 AM, kaz said:

just finished Grave Encounters for the first time. lmfao what a fucking waste of time. This movie is so bad and not scary at all. :| 

The location and atmosphere was okay, enough to make it feel eerie but... it was so bad

I love the blair witch project, that movie has a really good story behind it even though most of the movie is "boring" it had some really scary moments and one of the best endings I've seen.

but this movie was so "evasive". Every time it got interesting people just scream and run away or there is this weird camera flickering lol. 

Unto paranormal activity. Never seen that one either but I'm actually bored already. :| 

I know GD and some other peeps agree the only good movies in the genre are the first 2 REC movies. But it feels so weird to even compare these movies. I'm so disappointed right now.

The REC movies aren't "found footage" in my opinion. They are just horror movies with a certain "choreographic" style. 

I'm tired of horror movies where NOTHING happens. who the fuck green lights these movies.

grave encounters was a clever self aware parody of "ghost hunting", adding a horror twist that took jabs at the "found footage" tropes.  it wasn't meant to be scary.  

On 2019-01-25 at 2:02 AM, -GD- said:

grave encounters was a clever self aware parody of "ghost hunting", adding a horror twist that took jabs at the "found footage" tropes.  it wasn't meant to be scary.  

what do you mean "ghost hunting"? I don't know "Grave Encounters" even with the funny stuff at the beginning of the movie was really serious at the end.

and I have to say the atmosphere and the place was really good for horror but the movie was just bad. I liked a few moments when 

Spoiler

the dude and the girl (with an inflicted back wound, for no reason; apparently caused by ghosts or whatever) just sat down in the pitch dark tunnel underground. 

the tunnel alone was scary and then you hear the screams and all these sounds. He falls asleep with her in his arms, wakes up and then she's gone. He goes further and finds the "experiment" place with the doctors.

the end. 

There is a movie called like that (2017)??

I watched half of grave encounters 2 and I don't want to waste more time on this shit because I found out there's actually a third movie. :D  

I think if you watch the original grave encounters 3 times you have seen everything. :D 

If you say (the first movie) was a parody, I really don't see it. Because it went from goofy to serious. 

Either way my next "horror" movie will be paranormal activity. I've never seen that one. 

on a seperate note, you might be right and I just don't get it. But I watched the movie blind and it was meant to be serious.

i realized it's a tv show, right? "ghost hunting"? I get it without the tv show. 

ok I'm done. ignore this post. I don't care. 

Edited by kaz
2 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

Aquaman was better than expected.  

yes, I agree. and I fucking hate superhero movies. but I love water/the ocean/sharks etc.

On 2019-01-30 at 2:53 PM, Twinblade said:

So apparently Vikings is about to have its season 5 finale. I actually completely forgot about the show and didn’t tune in this season. Has anyone kept up with it? If so how has the season been?

I stopped after 3. Don’t know why. I loved it. But I feel like 1 is still the best season.

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

I stopped after 3. Don’t know why. I loved it. But I feel like 1 is still the best season.

Yeah, the 4th season is a bit hard to get into because of the focus on the new characters. It’s still a solid show IMO. The 6th season is going to be the last one btw, so at least there’s little chance of them dragging it out.

22 minutes ago, Angel Jim said:

The Walking Dead starts not this Sunday but the 10th.

I thought everyone is dead. Rick and his kid and everyone else

Edited by kaz

I think Shameless needs to end. This season really lacks the bite of previous ones. I mean..it’s still funny. However, I haven’t been like “oh hell no” about any of the humor. It used to be edgy and potically incorrect.