What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Just now, Ike said:

I like the Ouija sequel he did and I actually honestly liked Occulus despite it's funny premise.

yeah, he took a corny premise and made it very good. he did Hush too. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Watching Baby Driver; heard good things about it - soundtrack is phenomenal thus far (30 mins in).

I don't hate Edgar Wright, I thought that maybe I just hated all his movies, but I saw Scott Pilgrim a couple of years ago and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I had avoided it because it looked a bit cringey.

Baby Driver reminds me of Shawn of the Dead.  Its "clever."

But clever is not considered comedy. I've watched movies that had very clever things that get setup and then they unfold, and I'm surprised and I'm entertained by it.

And then there's "clever" like its a Rune Goldberg machine, and it looks forced. And I'm not entertained. The first chase sequence in Baby Driver is fucking awesome, and then every chase sequence after that doesn't seem so creative.

I like the Ashley O Black Mirror ep. And the Street Fighter one, can't remem&ber the third ATM, hope more eps are coming soon.

And the Adam Sandler/Jen Aniston Netflix movie was funny too.

Edit: just remembered the third and it's my fav out of the 3 too. The driver wanting to speak to the CEO. Love it

Edited by zwarior
18 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Goodbye Netflix Marvel shows.. Jessica Jones final season is up :salute:

Gonna start watching this from tonight.  A shame really.  Overall, I think I've enjoyed these shows more than the MCU films.

oh my god wtf is there to watch on Netflix cause Jessica Jones s3 sucks and I'm Netflix and chilling watching an unfortunately bad Amy Schumer gurlz (cause they're edgy and "so funny") trip movie 

PS: recommend me preferably content with man balls. Even better if literally on screen penis cause it's been an unintentional Vigina Diaries up in here that my text self-italicized (mind u I had to think how to spell Vigina that's how far distant I am intentionally. Did I spell it right.)

Edited by zwarior

I saw the first episode of that new Showtime series City on a Hill. Its supposed to take place in Boston 1992, starring Kevin Bacon.

Its interesting, it appears as if its based on some true story, but I'm not sure. Its a story that follows 3 main characters.

The Kevin Bacon character is a old school somewhat corrupt FBI agent. And then there's the black deputy attorney who is an idealist and he's an outsider, and then there's a blue-collar guy who is a robber with some sort of moral code, but he's still quite brutal when he needs to make important decisions regarding his survival.

Its interesting. Their stories are going to tie into each other. It was produced by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

The last episode of Chernobyl was one of the best hours of television ever put to screen. Holy shit, the whole series was just incredible.

Yeah, I wish bad shit would happen more often. I hope the end of the world is on TV. :ben:

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

The last episode of Chernobyl was one of the best hours of television ever put to screen. Holy shit, the whole series was just incredible.

i think every episode played such a huge role in the experience. i don't think i have a favorite. 3 or 4 maybe? 

and how about that sound design? WOW!

• Like 1