What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The negative reviews actually even have me more hyped for the film. 

Most criticising it for perhaps glorifying Joker in the current climate. 

This will be my movie of the year. I already know this. 

I just saw almost all of Heaven's Gate, I missed like the first half hour, but in movies like those they usually spends the entire opening hour just setting up the world and indulging itself in day to day life. Its from the same guy who made Deer Hunter.

So this movie is known for being a huge flop, that went way overbudget and the movie studio gave the director too much freedom. The version I saw on cable appears to be the shortest, and considered the worst version.

I think I understand because, holy shit, does that movie gets violent seemingly out of nowhere during the second half of the movie. Tons of people get shot up and lots of action. You don't get a sense of them ramping up the tension, it just start happening.

The reason why this movie is worth watching is because it look jaw-dropping gorgeous. And pretty much major story elements of RDR1 and the setting of RDR2 are clearly based from this movie. This movie makes you want to get a place in Wyoming.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I remember this looking cool but i completely forgot about it. Glad to hear that its good.

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Just looked it up and the synopsis is that someone wrote a script around the CoD Zombies game?

i expected some cheesy fun, but damn its legit good. do yourselves a favor and watch this in complete darkness with the best speakers available.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

i expected some cheesy fun, but damn its legit good. do yourselves a favor and watch this in complete darkness with the best speakers available.

Will do, got Lasagna in the oven so some time to kill. :face: