What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

50 years ago tonight, the Rolling Stones played at the Altamont Speedway in California in a concert in which it was haphazardly planned, and it attracted 300,000 people.

And even better, the Rolling Stones made the genius decision to hire the Hell's Angels as concert security to protect them. And they paid the Hell's Angels in beer.

And since it was around San Francisco at the very tail end of the 60's, and drug use was rampant, especially the Hell's Angels who were visibly on LSD and speed.

All hell breaks loose, as a black man is killed by Hell's Angels crew during their set, because he had a gun and brandished it because he thought the Hell's Angels were after him because he had a white girlfriend with him, and the Rolling Stones are playing because they're trying to contain a riot from breaking out, and they feared that they would be killed right then and there, they were even afraid that the Hell's Angels were going to turn on them.

The concert that changed the way concerts are played, and that's how the 60's ended.

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Watched AHS Cult and Apocalypse. 

They tried too hard with the political themes in Cult, but I still enjoyed it. The way the characters changed over the course of the series was my favorite part, seemingly normal people doing progressively more fucked up things as it went on. It also has some of the craziest moments in the show's history.

As for Apocalypse, I think it was such a huge disappointment. The first few episodes are really interesting, and you can't help but think about all the possibilities (an apocalyptic setting with AHS' horror themes should be a perfect combination) but instead it does a complete 180 and goes nowhere with that concept.

Edited by Twinblade
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Watched AHS Cult and Apocalypse. 

They tried too hard with the political themes in Cult, but I still enjoyed it. The way the characters changed over the course of the series was my favorite part, seemingly normal people doing progressively more fucked up things as it went on. It also has some of the craziest moments in the show's history.

As for Apocalypse, I think it was such a huge disappointment. The first few episodes are really interesting, and you can't help but think about all the possibilities (an apocalyptic setting with AHS' horror themes should be a perfect combination) but instead it does a complete 180 and goes nowhere with that concept.

How awesome was the murder house episode? 

Just now, Twinblade said:

It was just another example of the writers getting further and further away from the post apocalyptic theme so it didn't really excite me as much as I hoped it would.

Ah true. I just liked the fan service.