What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I wish yall would watch giri haji. Im still thinking about this show and it would be nice to have someone to discuss it with :mjcry:

I will watch it once I finish sex education s2

I just finished binge watching the Korean Designated Survivor (60 Days). I was going to watch the first season of the original American version (which has keifer sutherland) but everything I read online indicated that the Korean version was better. Im glad I checked it out because its a really good show, and im not even into political dramas. Just a very interesting insight into Korean politics and how North Korea and the U.S. can factor into it.

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Larry David in MAGA hat. OMG! :D 

I just saw the replay right now.  The first few minutes almost felt like a dream sequence where he's extra-mean. It felt weird, almost like a hyper version of Curb.

Then it settled in after that with the house party and then the MAGA hat.

7 hours ago, Boss said:

About half way through The Way of Kings

:whew:

Just finished part one of Words of Radiance (Book 2) and holy fuck, it's somehow even better than The Way of Kings. 

Awesome that you're currently reading it like I am, been dying to talk to someone about these book. Second half and especially the final third of Way of Kings is so damn good.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Just finished part one of Words of Radiance (Book 2) and holy fuck, it's somehow even better than The Way of Kings. 

Awesome that you're currently reading it like I am, been dying to talk to someone about these book. Second half and especially the final third of Way of Kings is so damn good.

Spoiler

My man what a fun read this is. Still going through the build up stages obviously. The stuff with Dalinar, Alodin and the high princes have been my favorite arcs so far.  Looking forward to getting to read more Shallan scenes.  While they slow burn, have a lot of interesting lore and conversation. Kaladin kinda gets me up and down, I don't hate the character or anything but some of his stuff can get depressing but not in a way I find exciting to read, and his flashbacks to how he never wanted to be a surgeon get kinda tired but they are few and far between.  I understand it's part of the development and showing a very human nature, but can simply not be fun to read.  Present day Kal though, and the bridge runs are great. 

Right now I am at where Dalinar is trying to unify the bases and start getting more aggressive with the attacks on the Parshendi.  Great world building as expected, awesome story telling that keeps in a constant state of guessing that is fun as hell, awesome magic system that is still building, And to a bit of my surprise character work that is actually really great..I had some doubts after I read the first Mistborn book; that didn't really resonate with me that way.  This book is shitting all over it lmao.  I think Sanderson can be a bit prudish at times but it's not effecting me like it did with Mistborn.  Probably gonna finish the second part today.

4 minutes ago, Boss said:
  Hide contents

My man what a fun read this is. Still going through the build up stages obviously. The stuff with Dalinar, Alodin and the high princes have been my favorite arcs so far.  Looking forward to getting to read more Shallan scenes.  While they slow burn, have a lot of interesting lore and conversation. Kaladin kinda gets me up and down, I don't hate the character or anything but some of his stuff can get depressing but not in a way I find exciting to read, and his flashbacks to how he never wanted to be a surgeon get kinda tired but they are few and far between.  I understand it's part of the development and showing a very human nature, but can simply not be fun to read.  Present day Kal though, and the bridge runs are great. 

Right now I am at where Dalinar is trying to unify the bases and start getting more aggressive with the attacks on the Parshendi.  Great world building as expected, awesome story telling that keeps in a constant state of guessing that is fun as hell, awesome magic system that is still building, And to a bit of my surprise character work that is actually really great..I had some doubts after I read the first Mistborn book; that didn't really resonate with me that way.  This book is shitting all over it lmao.  I think Sanderson can be a bit prudish at times but it's not effecting me like it did with Mistborn.  Probably gonna finish the second part today.

Yeah it's definitely a slow burn, especially the first half of tWoK but the world building and the magic system Sanderson has created is amazing. Probably too complex and out there to ever be adapted to tv/movie. I enjoyed the Dalinar/Alodin stuff the most at those parts also, however Kaladin really shines in the final third. Has an absolutely epic ending. The Shallan stuff is all build up to her truly arguably becoming the best storyline in book 2 so far. Flashbacks for me also have been the weakest parts of the book (same in Book 2) but they are necessary for some context. Thankfully they are the shortest chapters usually aside from those ones between Parts. But yeah it is fulfilling all the promise of it's build up so far. Words of Radiance has a much much faster pace cause all the building has been done in WoK. I like how focused it is on those 3 central characters (4 I guess, but dalinar and adolin overlap) as opposed to Song of Ice and Fire which is constantly all over the place. It's actually my first Sanderson novels and went straight to what was regarded his best. Loving every part of it so far.

On 2020-01-19 at 8:06 PM, -GD- said:

I really enjoyed season 2 of sex education. 

It was really good, though I would have liked to see the story move forward in more significant ways. All of the character sub plots were great, I don't feel like there were any that I disliked or thought were weaker than the rest.

Edited by Twinblade
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It was really good, though I would have liked to see the story move forward in more significant ways. All of the character sub plots were great, I don't feel like there were any that I disliked or thought were weaker than the rest.

Yeah, they all were great. I felt more connected to all of the supporting characters, and the main ones.