What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Great first hour of Saul. And that opening scene :bow: 

That was the longest we’ve seen of Gene yet! I’m so psyched to see where that’s going. I also feel like the main Jimmy storyline is going to be all about Kim. We know something bad is going to happen and have since she first showed up, but I got a feeling it’s going to happen this season. Rhea Seehorn better at least get an Emmy nomination this year as well. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Ike said:

That was the longest we’ve seen of Gene yet! I’m so psyched to see where that’s going. I also feel like the main Jimmy storyline is going to be all about Kim. We know something bad is going to happen and have since she first showed up, but I got a feeling it’s going to happen this season. Rhea Seehorn better at least get an Emmy nomination this year as well. 

Spoiler

I don’t think anything bad will happen to Kim. In the the BB timeline, just before Saul leaves and becomes Gene, he gives
 Francesca a business card of a lawyer who can help her (In case she’s questioned by police). I bet it’s Kim’s. There will definitely be a fall out between both main characters, though. 

14 hours ago, -GD- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don’t think anything bad will happen to Kim. In the the BB timeline, just before Saul leaves and becomes Gene, he gives
 Francesca a business card of a lawyer who can help her (In case she’s questioned by police). I bet it’s Kim’s. There will definitely be a fall out between both main characters, though. 

Spoiler

Yeah I think you’re right. I always thought Jimmy would end up getting involved with the bad shit and that’s when something bad happens to Kim. But I’m pretty sure they’re showing how she’s starting to resent him and what she’s turning into because of him. Once she leaves him, which that whole house viewing scene was trying to foreshadow, he turns to crime. 

36 minutes ago, Ike said:

Leigh Whannell looks to have another horror winner on his hands with The Invisible Man. His acting skills are pretty mediocre but he can write horror pretty well.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_invisible_man_2020/

@-GD- I know you'll probably be seeing this. Let me know how it is. :-*

seeing it thursday :-*

After the boxing match, I watched Parasite.

Good movie. Considering that my experience with Korean films is very limited, its basically OldBoy and then seeing this about 15 years later, I see alot of similarities occuring in these Korean movies.

Rich people, non-rich people, people being trapped against their will, revenge.

I would've like more suspenseful scenes, I don't think they did enough of those. But still a very good movie.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Good movie. Considering that my experience with Korean films is very limited, its basically OldBoy and then seeing this about 15 years later, I see alot of similarities occuring in these Korean movies.

I would've like more suspenseful scenes, I don't think they did enough of those. But still a very good movie.

Did you watch Snowpiercer?

Just now, Ike said:

Did you watch Snowpiercer?

I did, in fact, watch that a few years ago.  That has more sci-fi fantasy elements, taking place in some far-flung future, in a rather unique setting, more gritty.

I think characters like Tilda Swinton's characters are too cartoonish and detract from what would've been a more grittier and bleak movie. But i definitely think its a solid movie.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

best south korean movie ever!

2 hours ago, Delita said:

Think I saw that movie. 

Reveal hidden contents

That the one where he gets in the cab and stabs the hell out of the passenger and driver? God damn that was intense

Spoiler

Do you remember the ending? It involves a door 

Euphoria was at its best during the middle of the season, that is when everything came together and clicked.

The ending to the season, eh its an ending to wrap up a season.

But you can tell which episode is where the show is hitting its absolute peak, its borderline masterful.

Its Paul Thomas Anderson-levels of masterful.