What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Watched Knives Out. Was really good but I think I went in with too high expectations based on all the reviews and buzz when it came out. Reviews were saying how unique and fresh it was for the whodunnit genre but it seemed like a fairly straight forward whodunnit movie. Well shot, edited, great pacing but not particularly unique. 

Still a great movie with a great cast.

40 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Watched Knives Out. Was really good but I think I went in with too high expectations based on all the reviews and buzz when it came out. Reviews were saying how unique and fresh it was for the whodunnit genre but it seemed like a fairly straight forward whodunnit movie. Well shot, edited, great pacing but not particularly unique. 

Still a great movie with a great cast.

How does it compare to say Murder on the Orient Express? 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

How does it compare to say Murder on the Orient Express? 

Knives Out is better. Not because of the plot or how it unfolds but just general things that make a movie better. Better cast, editing, pacing and beautifully shot. It did remind me a lot of Murder on the Orient Express though, if anything that is more unique for a whodunnit mystery. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Babylon Berlin S3 is out on Netflix. Can't wait to be one of the 3 people in the world to binge watch it, and then have absolutely nobody to discuss it with afterwards :mjgrin:

bro, i've never even heard of it. ARD lmfao. :tom: its basically the grandpa tv program. glad you like germanikus shit so much, as a native i can't stand it. :mjcry:  I bet it's a trash story and everything too.

1 hour ago, kaz said:

bro, i've never even heard of it. ARD lmfao. :tom: its basically the grandpa tv program. glad you like germanikus shit so much, as a native i can't stand it. :mjcry:  I bet it's a trash story and everything too.

Lol I know nothing about german TV but this is a impressively high budget and detailed production regardless of the region. Also, the story is actually pretty interesting. It touches on a lot of the political and social issues in germany post WW1 that would eventually contribute to the rise of the Nazi regime.

Edited by Twinblade
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Lol I know nothing about german TV but this is a impressively high budget and detailed production regardless of the region. Also, the story is actually pretty interesting. It touches on a lot of the political and social issues in germany post WW1 that would eventually contribute to the rise of the Nazi regime.

Sounds interesting. Babylon Berlin was it? 

Oh by the way. I became a Matt Berry fan when a friend of mine recommended me to watch Toast of London on Netflix.

He's also on the FX series of What We Do In the Shadows, I still haven't watched that it just came out this past year.

BUT, he did another short series for the BBC called The Year of the Rabbit, and now it came to IFC. First two episodes have already aired.

Its pretty damn funny. Unfortunately, it has alot olde English slang, around the time of Jack the Ripper late 1800's London. So there's alot of stuff that is hard to hear, so you need to turn on the captions.

Also, if you haven't watched Toast of London, its fucking great.

The Outsider ended on a big cliffhanger but this was probably the best episode since the double episode premier. I think this show would do better being binged. It's a slow burner so the weekly wait is killer.

Enjoyed this week's Curb. Felt like an older episode with the "ugly section" being my favorite joke. Also, I hope to find magical vagina one day.

20 hours ago, Twinblade said:

yeah that sounds interesting. I will give it a try. :salute: