What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

6 minutes ago, Liquid said:

It was better than most of the DCEU films, but like Justice League made half of the money it did. It was smart giving the role to Momoa though. The whole thing looked like a videogame tho. That desert Scene looked like a stage prop. 

Yeah, something about WB's CG department just isn't great. Their CG just looks bad and always has. You should check out Shazam if you haven't though. It's probably the best DCEU movie.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, something about WB's CG department just isn't great. Their CG just looks bad and always has. You should check out Shazam if you haven't though. It's probably the best DCEU movie.

I might. We were trolling through HBO Now for something to watch now that we wrapped up Legend of Korra. I saw Shazam was on there too. I have to admit that fucking costume is so ridiculous it put me off to the movie initially. 

9 minutes ago, Liquid said:

I might. We were trolling through HBO Now for something to watch now that we wrapped up Legend of Korra. I saw Shazam was on there too. I have to admit that fucking costume is so ridiculous it put me off to the movie initially. 

Joker is also there if you haven't watched it. Fantastic film and hard to think it comes from the same director who did Old School/Hangover.

Just now, Ike said:

Joker is also there if you haven't watched it. Fantastic film and hard to think it comes from the same director who did Old School/Hangover.

I might, I admit it's a dickish thing to avoid this movie over but doing a Joker movie that's removed from the Batman universe just doesn't do it for me. I dont mind a Joker centric movie per se at all. I just find it ridiculous to do one that's completely removed from the source material in this way. 

3 minutes ago, Liquid said:

I might, I admit it's a dickish thing to avoid this movie over but doing a Joker movie that's removed from the Batman universe just doesn't do it for me. I dont mind a Joker centric movie per se at all. I just find it ridiculous to do one that's completely removed from the source material in this way. 

Just watch it man. It's definitely not completely removed from the Batman universe as it's still Gotham and there's still plenty of stuff there. Don't want to ruin it, but you'd be doing yourself a disservice not watching that amazing movie. Phoenix gives an outstanding performance.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

trying to think of some good but also lesser known ones

what about you're next?

yea, seen it :D  its ok bruh. i will find something

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

S4 of 13 Reasons Why is soooo dumb. I’m glad they’re ending the show, each season has been progressively worse than the previous one.

I couldn't make it through the first episode. I realize I just didn't care about these characters and that I was wasting my time on trash. S1 was good, S2 was mediocre, and S3 was plain bad. Especially with the death of that character in S3, I really just don't care where they go and how they handle graduation for high school kids who look to be in their mid 20s.

47 minutes ago, Ike said:

I couldn't make it through the first episode. I realize I just didn't care about these characters and that I was wasting my time on trash. S1 was good, S2 was mediocre, and S3 was plain bad. Especially with the death of that character in S3, I really just don't care where they go and how they handle graduation for high school kids who look to be in their mid 20s.

Lol yeah. I remember thinking it would be cool if they fast forwarded the timeline after the first season to when they were all in college, and picked up the general storytelling from there. It would be more appropriate too given the actors' ages. Some of these dudes clearly look like they're pushing 30.

I think the guy playing Clay still does a really good job despite the material being terrible. I can see him landing bigger TV/movie roles in the future.

Cleaning out my DVR. I had recorded Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, movie from 2012 starring Steve Carrell and Keira Knightley.

It feels R-rated for no real good reason, like it mostly feels PG-13, and the moments that do get R-rated feel out of place. And then the fact that a 20-something Keira Knightley would fall in love for an over-40 Steve Carrell just felt dumb.

And then I just finished watching White Boy Rick starring Matthew McConaughey. And that ended up being a far more dramatic and grounded movie than what I was expecting. True story that has a fairly surprising ending for how a kid got railroaded. Solid movie.

Clearing out the DVR, some more.

Watched Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain. Had always read about it being a great movie, but had never seen it.

Yeah, its a great movie in that it doesn't try to be a sci-fi explainer type of movie, its more of a pure emotion movie that just expects you to understand a basic Bible story, a basic Mayan story, and just go along with it. The movie would fail if they try to get into explaining details, so they just keep the story tight. Only 90 minutes long. Good movie.

Saw Monty Python's Meaning of Life, feels like a dirty movie for teenagers, but the opening short movie was pretty great for taking its absurdity to a satisfying level.

Then I saw Molly's Game this evening. That movie is fucking fantastic. First 6 minutes will have you laughing out loud. What's even crazier is that its based on a real story, with little exaggeration, there was a very genius woman by the name of Molly Bloom who grew up in a super-genius household of high achievers, was in contention for the Olympics as a skier, and ended up running one of the biggest high-stakes private poker games in the country.

And even crazier, is that the real-life Molly Bloom looks hotter than the actress that portrayed her, Jessica Chastain.:dwill:

Aaron Sorkin may actually be getting better as a writer. Holy shit. His scenes with just two people talking in a room almost feel an action scene, with fight choreography. No scene is dull in this movie. Every character in this movie is sharp.

Edited by jehurey

Molly's Game is awesome. Probably passed Rounders as the best poker movie ever. Michael Cera is so good in that movie too. It's rumored his character is actually Toby McGuire in real life.