What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

I watched The King of Staten Island and You Should Have Left.

I like this music video Caught in the Middle by Paramore: 

Everyone is caught in the middle of mayhem. There is no “this side” or “that side”; it’s all mixed together in the middle.

11 hours ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

I started schitts creek

I've been meaning to get around to that. I've heard it's kinda like Arrested Development but the characters actually have development over the course of the series. Heard good things and I love Eugene Levy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ike BLM said:

I've been meaning to get around to that. I've heard it's kinda like Arrested Development but the characters actually have development over the course of the series. Heard good things and I love Eugene Levy.

it goes from amusing to good to great!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ike BLM said:

Eugene reminds me so much of my grandpa it's hilarious.  

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help

Finally finished watching the hot, gritty, Canadian cop show that Canadians often refer to as "their The Wire"

19-2 !!!

And uhh.........I like the cast, and to tell you the truth, the show is actually quite endearing as a small-scope, daily life on the streets cop show. In fact, if it were just that, I'd love for this show to keep on going well past four seasons. I really do like alot of the characters.

The problem with this show is that they try to make it more complicated and that have multi-episode story arcs per each character, and then they attempt to make a season-long story-arc involving the main two characters.

And the show gets sloppy here. The inner-season multi-episode story arcs don't work because a cop does something really bad, and you think "oh shit, they're in trouble now" but then the issue resolves itself about two episodes later or, even worse, they sorta just drop it and don't refer to it again until sometime down the road.

Kind of reminds me of recent seasons of Shameless where Fiona accidentally leaves cocaine out in the open, and the baby ingests some of it and needs to go to the hospital, and OMG Fiona is in deep trouble and is gonna lose custody of the entire family AND..........two episodes later, she gets a plea bargain and everything goes back to normal. It reminds me of stuff like that.

The other issue is the season-long story arc.  Its always the same type of scenario. An OUTSIDE investigative agency is looking into our two main characters, and there's a local criminal organization who may be coming for them. Its really shaky in its pacing, it never really gets going until the second-half of the season. And then they always try to introduce some late twist in that story, and it never feels clever or well thought-out.

I have to say I did enjoy the series finale, because they just made a "regular" episode with a crime of the week, all of the officers work together to stop something bad from happening, and then they all get together to celebrate like the good ol' times. Its a pleasant ending to the show, and highlights the best things that I thought the show did well.

Also, fucking El Rey Network fucked me. Their didn't schedule the last three episodes of the series properly on the channel guide. So my DVR recorded what were supposed to be the final episodes, and it was something else.

So I had to quickly hunt down where to find a streaming site for those episodes. This isn't on Netflix or Hulu, you have to pay to watch the episodes.

I ended up finding all of them here, if anybody wants to see them.

https://streamkiste.com/19-2-season-1-episode-1-stream-1474830.html

This documentary focuses on the gymnasts who survived USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar's abuse and the reporters who exposed USAG's toxic culture.

Damn Netflix is killing it with docuseries recently. I saw a documentary that showed his interrogations a while back and he is one sick fucker with no remorse. The guy would display with his hands to interrogators how he layed them down and grabbed the girls in the crotch with his hands when all they mentioned were some ankle pains but he would tell them it’s all normal procedure. With many girls saying he had an clear full blown hard on as he was doing it :holeup:

• aitch 1
21 hours ago, jehurey said:

Finally finished watching the hot, gritty, Canadian cop show that Canadians often refer to as "their The Wire"

19-2 !!!

And uhh.........I like the cast, and to tell you the truth, the show is actually quite endearing as a small-scope, daily life on the streets cop show. In fact, if it were just that, I'd love for this show to keep on going well past four seasons. I really do like alot of the characters.

The problem with this show is that they try to make it more complicated and that have multi-episode story arcs per each character, and then they attempt to make a season-long story-arc involving the main two characters.

And the show gets sloppy here. The inner-season multi-episode story arcs don't work because a cop does something really bad, and you think "oh shit, they're in trouble now" but then the issue resolves itself about two episodes later or, even worse, they sorta just drop it and don't refer to it again until sometime down the road.

Kind of reminds me of recent seasons of Shameless where Fiona accidentally leaves cocaine out in the open, and the baby ingests some of it and needs to go to the hospital, and OMG Fiona is in deep trouble and is gonna lose custody of the entire family AND..........two episodes later, she gets a plea bargain and everything goes back to normal. It reminds me of stuff like that.

The other issue is the season-long story arc.  Its always the same type of scenario. An OUTSIDE investigative agency is looking into our two main characters, and there's a local criminal organization who may be coming for them. Its really shaky in its pacing, it never really gets going until the second-half of the season. And then they always try to introduce some late twist in that story, and it never feels clever or well thought-out.

I have to say I did enjoy the series finale, because they just made a "regular" episode with a crime of the week, all of the officers work together to stop something bad from happening, and then they all get together to celebrate like the good ol' times. Its a pleasant ending to the show, and highlights the best things that I thought the show did well.

Also, fucking El Rey Network fucked me. Their didn't schedule the last three episodes of the series properly on the channel guide. So my DVR recorded what were supposed to be the final episodes, and it was something else.

So I had to quickly hunt down where to find a streaming site for those episodes. This isn't on Netflix or Hulu, you have to pay to watch the episodes.

I ended up finding all of them here, if anybody wants to see them.

https://streamkiste.com/19-2-season-1-episode-1-stream-1474830.html

never heard of it but thanks! canadian the wire sounds awesome.

The lighting and directing work together to give it an extremely claustrophobic atmosphere that many other horror movies fail to pull off. 

Also, the movie has a TON of symbolism that most people (myself included the first time I watched it) were unable to pick up on. Seriously, look up some of the most popular plot theories people have come up with. You’ll be surprised at how elaborate they are for what on the surface appears to be a traditional monster movie.

Cool behind the scenes video about what is becoming the new replacement for green-screen technology.

I remember hearing that the movie, First Man, did this sort of thing. But apparently the people at Westworld got assistance from Jon Favreau and his Mandalorian crew on doing LED walls for background shots.

Technically, this is a modernization of an old trick, old movies used to do projection on the back wall. But now they're doing super high-res LED back walls and they film exterior shots before the actors get to film their part, so the actor is looking at that image. They get reflections and everything.

30 minutes ago, -GD- BLM said:

enjoying season 2 of the twilight zone. some misses, but some great eps too. 

It’s better than season 1 but I still feel a bit let down because I have higher hopes for this show considering it’s legacy. I’ve watched 5 eps so far and Among the introden has been my fav