What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, Ike said:

I rewatched Jurassic Park yesterday. What a goddamn film that is. :aitch:

ive been always rewatching the first three. i think the longest pause was almost 3 years. can't get enough. too bad the new ones are trash. :( 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

ive been always rewatching the first three. i think the longest pause was almost 3 years. can't get enough. too bad the new ones are trash. :( 

3 is pretty bad though too.  :reg:

2 has some great parts, but the whole dinos in the city at the end and that part where the daughter like swings and gymnastic kicks the raptor are just bad. I still enjoy it though, especially that scene in the tall grass.

18 hours ago, nitric said:

Damn really? I wonder if anyone did a breakdown of what happened irl and what was fictional

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/narcos-real-dea-agents-murphy-928933/item/murphy-pena-escobar-narcos-season-929031

a lot of the nuts and bolts were accurate, with the rest being adapted for entertainment. so, they say it's 50/50 spot on. still , i loved the series very much! 

1 hour ago, Delita said:

Harvey’s reaction to ridiculous answers is always hilarious but this is one of his best.

It was honestly one of the best reactions from him! :D 

He didn't even register as the answer was so outlandish; he partially moved onto the next question before it dawned on him like... :biggums:

4 hours ago, Ike said:

3 is pretty bad though too.  :reg:

2 has some great parts, but the whole dinos in the city at the end and that part where the daughter like swings and gymnastic kicks the raptor are just bad. I still enjoy it though, especially that scene in the tall grass.

WTF you actually mentioned one of my fav scenes. the sega black girl was owning these raptors, i'm always fucking pumped for that scene where she swings around knocking the shit out of em. :lawd: 

BRUH YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT THAT. ITS AMAZING. 

also my rating system goes 1 -> 2 -> 3 and I know 3 is kinda lacking but DAMN its still fucking amazing. I watched the movie the first time in cinema as a kid and it was sooo loud it scared the shit out of me. 

the T-Rex fight with his antagonist blew me the fuck away, also the first sign of danger on the plane landing road. when the dino just WHOOSHES through the screen. 

My absolute fav tho is when the T-Rex leaves the ship in 2 and roams the city. :D :D  the kid that wakes up his parents :D  

also the beginning of 2 with the rich family and the girl with her sandwich.

I think the second is my fav.

when the truck launches over the cliff and they have to get back to the top and the glass slowly breaks. :lawd:  :lawd:  this movie got no chill i love it. 

Edited by kazi of Skalitz

I lost track of the number of times I’ve seen the first Jurassic Park. Shit is legendary.  

The world movies are so meh in comparison. They have none of the heart or soul and just feel like Hollywood trash designed to make money and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

I've always loved Samberg movies. Not enough people have watched Popstar. :]

i only know his incredibad stuff (which owned). he, along with the main chick, are great in this movie. it's one of the better romcoms i've seen in a while. 

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Dolby Atmos Soundbar from Samsung that seems to do a decent job with their up-firing speakers, and then the rear speakers are an add-on wireless receiver system that powers two fairly decent sized rear speakers. Making it a 5.1.2

Apparently, Netflix original content has Dolby Atmos support, as well as recent blockbuster movies that are on the streaming services.

I actually bought some old reference speakers that are like 20 years old a few years ago (Mirage, some Canadian speaker company), and I was thinking of using that to achieve a basic 5.1 system, but I would have to buy a decent Dolby Atmos receiver ($350-$400), and I'd need to buy at least a pair of elevated "height" speakers (probably around $130 at the cheapest). Plus all that wiring, mounting materials and I'd have to install that.

It would be a better system, because "real speakers" pointing the audio at you from above will always be better than bouncing the audio from the ceiling. But I just don't have the appetite for that shit right now.

For the same amount of money, I'd just get the Samsung soundbar system. I'll wait a little more and research and see if another company releases a more elegant solution (that isn't ridiculously expensive).

My LG OLED tv had a notification that they had the Peacock app available to download, which is awesome news because webOS usually doesn't get much app support from new streaming services.

So I downloaded it (like half a MB? seriously?) and signing up was ridiculously easy. I could do it within the app, no credit card. They just ask for an email address and a password (they don't even ask you to re-type the password) and that's it.

The basic tier service comes with 1 minute commercial breaks. So that's not bad. I watched an episode of Seth Meyers, and you can see that for the entire episode, they just place one commercial break in the very middle. So once the show gets there, or if you fast-forward past that point, then it will play commercials. Great looking HD, looks better than my cable TV feed.

If they do what they originally promised, then I could watch that evening's Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers at 7pm, and not even bother staying up to watch their show. That's excellent.

Just watched Fear & Loathing on there as well, they have like 5 commercial breaks during the first half of the movie, and then it allows you to watch the latter half with no commercial interruption. Completely un-edited, and looks solid in HD.

For a free service, this is pretty good. Especially if you haven't watched NBC shows like Parks & Rec, and want to binge that. Minor complaint, there was a short-lived series like way back in 2009 on NBC called "Awake." And it was absolutely excellent that never got ratings, so it they wrapped it up. So its like a rather tight 8 episode mini-series. One half sci-fi, and one-half cop show. And its not on the service, which is a total shame because I would've easily recommended that. I cannot emphasize how criminally underrated that show was.

I’ve been watching shows. I watched Ballers, Gun Powder, Todd McFarlane’s Spawn, and currently Awkwafina Nora of Queens.

I watched a bunch of movies, too. Vivarium was weird and I really liked this song from XTC that was in it: 

I ask myself, “should I put my finger to the left?” Nooooooooooo

I ask myself, “should I put my finger to the right?” Nooooooooooo.

it doesn’t really matter if I move my finger because someone will come around and move it because it’s always been the same - it’s a complicated game.

Edited by James Skywalker