What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Finished Snowpiercer. Shit is good brehs, I recommend it. Just go in with an open mind and don't bother trying to compare it with the movie.

Worst thing I can say about it is that the lead actor was a bad choice for that role. He simply doesn't fit the character and is a weak link in a cast that does a really good job overall (especially Jennifer Connelly, her character steals the show and ended up being my favorite).

• Thanks 1

VUDU has a $5 weekend special for buying movies, and it doesn't matter which version (SD, HD, 4K UD).

So, I wanted some authentic 4K content to watch on my new tv, so I bought Sicario. And holy shit it looks pretty damn good. And that's not even 4K bitrate that you would get from a 66GB or a 100GB layered blu-ray Ultimate 4K HD disc. That's only streaming.

The other reason why i bought Sicario is because I am just about ready to make a purchase on my Dolby Atmos soundbar and that's a perfect movie to test it out.

On 2020-07-17 at 12:24 PM, Teh_Diplomat said:

2 GOATS. :bow:

Jesus....it’s all good fun,  then like 75% in... :holeup: that escalated quickly. It’s a good thing Shatner quickly moved away from the subject because a spark had been lit on Tyson’s fuse. I knew it was coming right when Shatner brought up that subject. 

I’ve been watching the series Marcella. Lots of police thriller tropes, but there’s a neat wrinkle in an old formula. Also, the actress who plays Marcella is excellent. I blasted through season 1 in 2 days. Onto the next 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

I’ve been watching the series Marcella. Lots of police thriller tropes, but there’s a neat wrinkle in an old formula. Also, the actress who plays Marcella is excellent. I blasted through season 1 in 2 days. Onto the next 2 seasons. 

Have you seen giri haji?

On 2020-07-18 at 2:51 PM, Twinblade said:

Finished Snowpiercer. Shit is good brehs, I recommend it. Just go in with an open mind and don't bother trying to compare it with the movie.

Worst thing I can say about it is that the lead actor was a bad choice for that role. He simply doesn't fit the character and is a weak link in a cast that does a really good job overall (especially Jennifer Connelly, her character steals the show and ended up being my favorite).

Ha I was going to watch it just for Daveed Diggs.

8 hours ago, -GD- said:

Ha I was going to watch it just for Daveed Diggs.

Theres a couple of recognizable supporting actors that do a pretty damn good job, so its surprising they'd put someone i've never even seen before in the lead role.

That said he does improve by the end, so maybe he'll be able to really find his stride in S2.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Theres a couple of recognizable supporting actors that do a pretty damn good job, so its surprising they'd put someone i've never even seen before in the lead role.

That said he does improve by the end, so maybe he'll be able to really find his stride in S2.

You never watched blindspotting? You need to watch that! My 2018 moty

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

never even heard of it lol

he was also amazing in Hamilton

it seems likes a comedy, but it's not. the trailer gives you somewhat of an idea of what the film is about, but doesn't do it justice