What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I guess it makes sense since they can’t really control how many people watch it together. Those who planned to watch it by themselves are getting screwed over though.

not really. most tickets are $15. food + drinks brings it to $25+. plus, most people don't go to the theater alone.

for a low budget film, this would be absurd. however, i think it's a fair price for a AAA production. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, -GD- said:

not really. most tickets are $15. food + drinks brings it to $25+. plus, most people don't go to the theater alone.

for a low budget film, this would be absurd. however, i think it's a fair price for a AAA production. 

I go alone a lot of times (:mjcry:) and don’t bother with food or drink, so I rarely end up spending more than $13-$14. 

But I realize that I’m in the minority.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I go alone a lot of times (:mjcry:) and don’t bother with food or drink, so I rarely end up spending more than $13-$14. 

But I realize that I’m in the minority.

it's all good homie. when i had my regal $20 pass, i'd see many movies alone (i watched joker like 3 times). 

checked out  a few more shudder flicks

Haunt - Nothing crazy but a fun little horror movie with a decent amount of clever/unique moments. It has one of my favorite endings as far as recent movies are concerned too.

The Room (2019) - More of a Sci fi/psychological thriller that can be really weird, but I still enjoyed it. It starts off kind of slow but moves at a really nice pace later on. The actors do a great job too (the chick was the bond girl in Quantum of Solace and shes still cute af so that helps).

Terrified - Stopped this one halfway through. Just wasn't feeling it, and i thought conceptually it was kind of lame.

started watching some bill burr. 

lmfao i like his funny faces and how he plays other people :D   that one cracked me up its timestamped boiyos

• aitch 1
8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

checked out  a few more shudder flicks

Haunt - Nothing crazy but a fun little horror movie with a decent amount of clever/unique moments. It has one of my favorite endings as far as recent movies are concerned too.

The Room (2019) - More of a Sci fi/psychological thriller that can be really weird, but I still enjoyed it. It starts off kind of slow but moves at a really nice pace later on. The actors do a great job too (the chick was the bond girl in Quantum of Solace and shes still cute af so that helps).

Terrified - Stopped this one halfway through. Just wasn't feeling it, and i thought conceptually it was kind of lame.

Did you ever see terrifier?

Btw, TB, I met the guys who wrote Haunt at Popcorn Frights. Super cool dudes!! They were involved with the first Quiet Place. They wanted Haunt to be traditional, in your face, horror, since Quiet Place was a different take on the genre. 

8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Btw, TB, I met the guys who wrote Haunt at Popcorn Frights. Super cool dudes!! They were involved with the first Quiet Place. They wanted Haunt to be traditional, in your face, horror, since Quiet Place was a different take on the genre. 

Yeah they are both very different thematically. I think I prefer the old school vibe of haunt, they should definitely make another one like it.

18 hours ago, Chairman_Meow said:

I watched this, and initially, only seeing the name, I thought: "This is the weirdest intro to a Glenn Beck doc I've ever seen."

:D 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah they are both very different thematically. I think I prefer the old school vibe of haunt, they should definitely make another one like it.

Really? I loved Quiet Place more, but I respect that they aren’t one trick ponies. 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

Really? I loved Quiet Place more, but I respect that they aren’t one trick ponies. 

I liked a quiet place, but when it comes to horror movies i prefer the stuff thats faster paced and more 'in your face' horror, if that makes sense.

32 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah i think im gonna watch that tonight.

it's not great, at first. the acting/writing is a bit wooden. however, once it takes off....damn. trippy af! it blew my mind at this one film festival i was at.