What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

I watched Peninsula

It was honestly really disappointing

I went in expecting a brainless action movie, but the problem is that most of the action is actually not even that good. The bulk of it is car chases clearly inspired by Mad Max except unlike Mad Max they are entirely made up of really cheap looking CGI. The vehicles and the way they move just looks plain bad.

There were some cool moments, mainly the on foot shootouts. Some of them were pretty slickly choreographed and actually reminded me a bit of John Wick.

As for characters, well they're there but you'll have a tough time caring about them given how poor the character development is. You won't get anyone on the same level as the bad ass fat DILF-to-be from the original.

overall, its the definition of MEH. If theres a 3rd movie they really need to go back to the basics of the original. This one has its ideas but they bit off way more than they could chew.

• Sad 1

I've been making my way through Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I watched the OG show back in 2005. Been enjoying this even more than the OG show. It's making the best anime ever, even better. :lawd:

12 hours ago, -GD- said:

Finish Perry Mason. A very satisfying finale :smoke: I definitely see myself re-watching this gem 

I had to google this, as when you mentioned it I immediately thought: "With all these new shows coming out, why the hell is GD watching a black & white series from the 50's/60's?"

:D 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I had to google this, as when you mentioned it I immediately thought: "With all these new shows coming out, why the hell is GD watching a black & white series from the 50's/60's?"

:D 

that's hilarious! :D 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

I've been making my way through Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I watched the OG show back in 2005. Been enjoying this even more than the OG show. It's making the best anime ever, even better. :lawd:

i like both. they are different enough to watch both series and the osts are amazing.

the halftime screen in brotherhood is my fav with dat dude sayin: FULL   METAL   ALCHEMIST :tom: 

23 minutes ago, -GD- said:

@Twinblade godly start to the wolf creek series. It definitely feels like the first film. 

Yeah it gets better too. And make sure you watch the 2nd season, its definitely up there with the first. Im impressed by how much mileage they get out of what is really a very basic premise overall.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah it gets better too. And make sure you watch the 2nd season, its definitely up there with the first. Im impressed by how much mileage they get out of what is really a very basic premise overall.

It won’t let me watch season 1. So I’m watching 2. Hot blonde!