What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Oh, I forgot. A couple of weeks ago, Cartoon Network late on Saturday night, showed The Dark Knight Returns in two parts over two weekends.

Thats the animated film based on Frank Miller's Batman comic from the 80's.

I thought it was very good, and very gritty. Some people say that the animation and voicework isn't good enough, and its probably true. But still a very good Batman animated movie.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Do they plan on releasing them in batches like that? i've noticed thats been a trend with some new shows, and I admit im not a fan of it.

A new ep every Friday. I’m not a fan either. However, I love the boys, so I gotta roll with it.

Ho-ly Shit.

They are bringing Jack Reacher to Amazon Prime, and they are going to start from the very first book.

‘Jack Reacher’ Amazon Series Finds Its Star — and He’s from DC’s ‘Titans’

by Jeff Sneider    

September 4, 2020

alan-ritchson-titans-slic.jpg

Titans star Alan Ritchson in set to star in Amazon’s Jack Reacher series based on the badass character from Lee Child’s bestselling series of books, Collider has learned.

Produced by Amazon Studios, Skydance Television and Paramount Television Studios, the series will be written by Nick Santora (Prison Break), who will also executive produce and serve as showrunner under his overall deal with Skydance. Other EPs include Child and Christopher McQuarrie, as well as Don Granger, Scott Sullivan and Marcy Ross, while David Ellison and Dana Goldberg will executive produce for Skydance, whose Carolyn Harris will oversee the series.

Amazon has been developing Jack Reacher for the past year, and the first season will be based on the first Reacher novel, The Killing FloorWith more than 100 million books sold, Reacher represents a billion-dollar franchise, and it makes perfect sense for the character to jump from the big screen, where he was played by Tom Cruise, to the small screen. Tom Clancy‘s best known character, Jack Ryan, made the same leap, and that John Krasinski-led series has been a hit for Amazon, Skydance and Paramount, and is now entering its third season.

Ritchson is a strong fit for the character, as Jack Reacher is described as 6’5″ in the books, and Ritchson is 6’4″ and 235 pounds. While I thought Cruise was really good in that first Jack Reacher movie, many fans of the books had a hard time embracing him as the character simply because Cruise is smaller in stature, though Ritchson is unlikely to receive the same criticism

alan-ritchson-jack-reacher-600x400.jpg

Fuckin' finally. They're gonna get the right type of actor to play him.

Make no mistake, Tom Cruise did a fantastic job in the first Jack Reacher movie (second movies really is a step down), but you need a big boy to properly re-create Jack Reacher.

And this appears to be from Tom Cruise's Skydance studios, so Cruise is leaving the character and moving it to the small screen. And they have the books' author and Christopher McQuarrie still involved, so this should be good.

Will absolutely continue renewing my Amazon Prime subscription for this. I hope they churn out the seasons quickly.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

WTF is this movie even? It better have a payoff. :ben:

lmao I had that exact same sentiment.

Spoiler

The whole trip "home" aside from the ice cream shop scene was just so pretentious and drawn out I was telling my wife that this movie had better have one hell of an ending otherwise I'm cancelling Netflix.

I haven't stopped thinking about the movie since the ending, though, so it had a worthy payoff to me but I definitely think it'll be a love it or hate it kind of movie.

8 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

lmao I had that exact same sentiment.

Reveal hidden contents

The whole trip "home" aside from the ice cream shop scene was just so pretentious and drawn out I was telling my wife that this movie had better have one hell of an ending otherwise I'm cancelling Netflix.

I haven't stopped thinking about the movie since the ending, though, so it had a worthy payoff to me but I definitely think it'll be a love it or hate it kind of movie.

I just want to say that movie is still bothering movie and I still keep coming back to it in my head. I kinda wanna watch it again.