What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Plowed through S2 of The Boys. It was entertaining but felt pretty slow at times. Was hoping for bigger things to happen in the story.

You are crazy bro. 2 took a dump on 1

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

You are crazy bro. 2 took a dump on 1

I think the novelty of the universe and characters is starting to wear off for me and its just starting to feel like a lot of other superhero themed movies and shows, except a bit darker with its themes.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think the novelty of the universe and characters is starting to wear off for me and its just starting to feel like a lot of other superhero themed movies and shows, except a bit darker with its themes.

You are definitely in the minority, especially with all of the excellent satire and giant “fuck you” to both woke culture and Alt-right idiots. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

You are definitely in the minority, especially with all of the excellent satire and giant “fuck you” to both woke culture and Alt-right idiots. 

Idk whats wrong with me lately, i've been disappointed in so many things ranging from shows to movies to games :mjcry:

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Idk whats wrong with me lately, i've been disappointed in so many things ranging from shows to movies to games :mjcry:

Ha I’ve sooo been there. It’s usually when I watch/play too much in a short amount of time. I’d take a break from both. 

4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Ha I’ve sooo been there. It’s usually when I watch/play too much in a short amount of time. I’d take a break from both. 

Im watching Bly Manor and enjoying it more than I thought it would. My least favorite thing about it is actually that fuzzy/bloomy lighting its got. Can't describe it but its similar to that look a lot of soap operas have. It doesn't do the overall visuals justice.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im watching Bly Manor and enjoying it more than I thought it would. My least favorite thing about it is actually that fuzzy/bloomy lighting its got. Can't describe it but its similar to that look a lot of soap operas have. It doesn't do the overall visuals justice.

I’m on my second viewing. It’s even better, once you know how the story plays out. Flanagan is a genius! Ep 5 is epic. 

S2 of The Boys was absolutely incredible. Every episode was top quality. I'm four episodes into Bly Manor and it's been a difficult watch so far. I've heard the last half of the season makes up for it.

More people need to watch/look into Succession. This show is a masterpiece :aitch:

Edited by nitric
2 hours ago, nitric said:

S2 of The Boys was absolutely incredible. Every episode was top quality. I'm four episodes into Bly Manor and it's been a difficult watch so far. I've heard the last half of the season makes up for it.

More people need to watch/look into Succession. This show is a masterpiece :aitch:

Difficult watch? Huh? I think you are watching it, expecting a carbon copy of 1. It’s a classic ghost story and it excels at it. 

22 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Difficult watch? Huh? I think you are watching it, expecting a carbon copy of 1. It’s a classic ghost story and it excels at it. 

I just finished it. It was good but

Spoiler

The lesbian relationship really came out of nowhere and felt out of place? IDK, it just felt like something that wasn't added to benefit the story, but was instead added to check off a LGBTQ checkbox.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished it. It was good but

Reveal hidden contents

The lesbian relationship really came out of nowhere and felt out of place? IDK, it just felt like something that wasn't added to benefit the story, but was instead added to check off a LGBTQ checkbox.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry. Edited your message, instead of quoting it 

Spoiler

I’m going to have to disagree. It felt pretty organic. It was another masterful season. 

On 2020-10-11 at 10:49 PM, -GD-X said:

I wasn't expecting a carbon copy. It's disappointing that  Flannigan didn't direct anything past the first episode. Ep1 so far has been the best episode. (I've only seen a few, I'll finish this up later. Bingeing Succession right now). I don't really care for the kids, they are actually both really annoying when they are on screen. The only decent character is the chef and the nanny so far. Hill House grabbed you with its characters from the getgo. I've heard the last few episodes make  up for the season though.

2 minutes ago, nitric said:

I wasn't expecting a carbon copy. It's disappointing that  Flannigan didn't direct anything past the first episode. Ep1 so far has been the best episode. (I've only seen a few, I'll finish this up later. Bingeing Succession right now). I don't really care for the kids, they are actually both really annoying when they are on screen. The only decent character is the chef and the nanny so far. Hill House grabbed you with its characters from the getgo. I've heard the last few episodes make  up for the season though.

episodes 3, 5 and 8 are fantastic.