What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Finally saw TENET. Good, but disappointing. I'm just surprised how basic the concept was in the movie. I expected some crazy shit with the idea of reversing time but it ended up being a relatively straight forward film by Nolan standards with not much in the way of surprises.

1 hour ago, Delita said:

Finally saw TENET. Good, but disappointing. I'm just surprised how basic the concept was in the movie. I expected some crazy shit with the idea of reversing time but it ended up being a relatively straight forward film by Nolan standards with not much in the way of surprises.

that's disappointing to hear. i'll finally get around to it over the holidays. 

I'll address Tenet with a little more context. There's genuinely a few creative Nolan action scenes that take advantage of the concept that are good, and one good "oh shit" moment but the bones of the movie are unfufilling and quite honestly I saw it twice and still dont understand the finer details of it because it's not just a time travel story, which can be it's own thing but then the mechanics of reverse time. This movie in execution is kind of like Interstellar more than Inception as it's so theoretical and honestly no other media I've seen or red in SciFi have dealt with this before so it's a foreign concept.

All of the actors are great in it. It sort of feels like Nolan wanted to do a SciFi James Bond movie. It's an entertaining watch for sure but its definitely a weak effort by Nolan's standards. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'll address Tenet with a little more context. There's genuinely a few creative Nolan action scenes that take advantage of the concept that are good, and one good "oh shit" moment but the bones of the movie are unfufilling and quite honestly I saw it twice and still dont understand the finer details of it because it's not just a time travel story, which can be it's own thing but then the mechanics of reverse time. This movie in execution is kind of like Interstellar more than Inception as it's so theoretical and honestly no other media I've seen or red in SciFi have dealt with this before so it's a foreign concept.

All of the actors are great in it. It sort of feels like Nolan wanted to do a SciFi James Bond movie. It's an entertaining watch for sure but its definitely a weak effort by Nolan's standards. 

The movie sort of felt like to me where they made  and came up with all the action set pieces first, then tried to find a way to piece those all together in a story. It’s all over the place and gets even more and more disjointed by the end where it’s basically a full on war in the middle of nowhere. Kind of like Nolan thought just more about how cool his new trick would look during action scenes but not really taking the time writing something compelling narratively in the plot.

16 minutes ago, Delita said:

The movie sort of felt like to me where they made  and came up with all the action set pieces first, then tried to find a way to piece those all together in a story. It’s all over the place and gets even more and more disjointed by the end where it’s basically a full on war in the middle of nowhere. Kind of like Nolan thought just more about how cool his new trick would look during action scenes but not really taking the time writing something compelling narratively in the plot.

You're right and that war scene is actually the most boring part of the movie to me because how the logic is so bizarre. The one on one scenes are great. 

yooo holy shit.

i just moved and it's been a busy ass month so i was 5 episodes behind on mando, managed to avoid spoilers on any of them. binged it this morning, my lord.

Spoiler

so many questions...the timeline kinda confuses me here? granted im not a star wars buff, but when is this meant to take place? is it meant to be shortly after rotj?

otherwise just a great 5 episodes. obviously the last one especially. for a series that didn't really feel like it was going anywhere fast in s1 (still excellent) they sure went 0-100. what do we think will be the focus of s3 now? are we gonna get some grogu content sprinkled in or will he just show up towards the end of the season at a pivotal moment and save the day having completed his training and all that? i assume mando starts try to restore mandolore? pretty tough storyline for them to follow up but I take it they have a good idea, otherwise i feel they would have stretched this out for another season.

how much do we think we'll see of boba going forward?

I feel like I have to watch clone wars now...

Edited by Casual