What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

yeah if you decide to watch it don't even look up anything on it beforehand, the less you know going in the better. its a really clever movie that goes some interesting places.

Just watched it. That was a lot of fun! 

6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Just watched it. That was a lot of fun! 

Spoiler

The dude killing her was kind of nuts, then the story keeps going and then you get to the ending where the dudes all get fucked by everything that she planned beforehand :wow2: The way that played out was great

Just now, Twinblade said:

Reveal hidden contents

The dude killing her was kind of nuts, then the story keeps going and then you get to the ending where the dudes all get fucked :wow2: The way that played out was great

Spoiler

yeah, that was fucking so well done. what a perfect ending. oh...and the main actress was incredible! wow! i'd say rosamund pike's performance in i care a lot is the only thing that comes close. 

26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:
  Reveal hidden contents

yeah, that was fucking so well done. what a perfect ending. oh...and the main actress was incredible! wow! i'd say rosamund pike's performance in i care a lot is the only thing that comes close. 

Yeah shes great. I also enjoyed the dark humor, its surprisingly funny at times but that doesn't feel at odds with the movie's darker themes.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah shes great. I also enjoyed the dark humor, its surprisingly funny at times but that doesn't feel at odds with the movie's darker themes.

Agreed! 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I haven't been in much of a gaming mood so I started watching The Serpent. I like it, the setting is really well realized.

I dug it! It could have been 6 eps instead of 8, but I liked it a lot. The final credits are great. You see the actual people. The casting was excellent!

Finished season 1 of Made for Love. Despite being weird af, for most of it, the finale is very thought-provoking. Actually, a lot of the series raises great questions about technology and its impact on “love”....

I can’t say everyone will like the show, but I dug it. Season 2 will be very interesting. 

On 2021-04-14 at 10:47 PM, -GD-X said:

I dug it! It could have been 6 eps instead of 8, but I liked it a lot. The final credits are great. You see the actual people. The casting was excellent!

I didn't mind the length honestly. The sets and the characters kept me engaged all the way through

Spoiler

Herman :bow: Nadine was dope too though her role is much smaller in the 2nd half. Paul didn't get much screen time but he cracked me up with his constant suggestion that they should just shoot Charles :D 

I also like how they actually mislead the viewer in the beginning. You see that 1997 interview where its implied that Charles gets acquitted, but then at the end you realize that hes been locked up for most of his life since the events of the 70s.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I didn't mind the length honestly. The sets and the characters kept me engaged all the way through

Hide contents

Herman :bow: Nadine was dope too though her role is much smaller in the 2nd half. Paul didn't get much screen time but he cracked me up with his constant suggestion that they should just shoot Charles :D 

I also like how they actually mislead the viewer in the beginning. You see that 1997 interview where its implied that Charles gets acquitted, but then at the end you realize that hes been locked up for most of his life since the events of the 70s.

Your review is spot on! :bow: 

On 2021-04-17 at 4:27 AM, -GD-X said:

I watched Nobody. It was perfect, considering I wanted something dumb and fun. The action rocked too! 

I saw this too and really enjoyed it.  They honestly couldn't have picked a least broad shouldered-looking actor for an action film like this but I liked this change from the usual stereotypical jacked up looking action film actors.  The final fight scene in the film was pretty cool too.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

I saw this too and really enjoyed it.  They honestly couldn't have picked a least broad shouldered-looking actor for an action film like this but I liked this change from the usual stereotypical jacked up looking action film actors.  The final fight scene in the film was pretty cool too.

Bob Odenkirk made it! He was perfect! I loved the Easter eggs. 

• Upvote 1

Holy fuck just give Bucky the stupid captain America shield. Falcon doesn't want to be captain America. Bucky has no identify or purpose, making him captain America makes more sense. The Falcon is already The Falcon. 

10 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Bob Odenkirk made it! He was perfect! I loved the Easter eggs. 

I just saw this and MFA. Both were a lot of fun! I thought the style and vibe of Nobody seemed familiar, then I found out that it came from the Hardcore Henry director which explained a lot. He has a eye for ridiculous  action scenes with equally ridiculous (but great) music choices

• aitch 1