What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Starting to scour and see what music acts are coming back on tour.

I didn't realize Godspeed You Black Emperor had already announced a 2022 tour about two months ago.

So I ended up booking one in the closest state, but I'm tempted to go to Tennessee to go see them there, because they are going to perform in an underground cave.:disco:

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

18 hours ago, -GD-X said:

damn, i will start this after i finish girl from nowhere (season 2 is dope!). i can't wait for you to get to the handmaid's tale finale. holy fuck. 

I just finished Handmaid's Tale

Spoiler

I admit I expected more of a bombastic/intense finale. It was good but it was all build up until the last 10 or so minutes. I am very much interested to see what happens with Serena now, I feel like June has reached a point where she can't think about anything but vengeance, and will find a way to go after her despite her being pregnant.

26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Keep putting it on hold. I just can’t seem to get in the mood for it. I’m watching black summer right now. 

its like 10x better than Black Summer

25 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m sure it is. I just want to see people die lol

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

So Netflix says I’ve seen black summer (all of season 1), yet only parts are familiar. Early dementia? :deadest:

I’ve had that happen with other shows :D skim through the first Ep and you should be able to remember if you’ve seen it.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’ve had that happen with other shows :D skim through the first Ep and you should be able to remember if you’ve seen it.

Yeah, the show is coming back to me. But I’m enjoying season 1 again, so fuck it, I’ll keep rewatching it. So badass! 

• aitch 1

I hope Black Summer gets more people to check out Z Nation. Its from the same people and you can tell right off the bat because of how similar the direction of the actions scenes are and how everything is shot. The only real difference is that Z Nation is completely different tonally, much more over the top and comedic so that aspect of it might not be for everyone.

Edit: Ok so Black Summer is the actual prequel to Z Nation. Its literally the same universe, which is kind of odd because Black Summer has running zombies but in Z Nation they're the shambler kind. They also look different visually.

14 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I hope Black Summer gets more people to check out Z Nation. Its from the same people and you can tell right off the bat because of how similar the direction of the actions scenes are and how everything is shot. The only real difference is that Z Nation is completely different tonally, much more over the top and comedic so that aspect of it might not be for everyone.

Edit: Ok so Black Summer is the actual prequel to Z Nation. Its literally the same universe, which is kind of odd because Black Summer has running zombies but in Z Nation they're the shambler kind. They also look different visually.

Perhaps they get slower later in on because there is less fresh flesh ☺️

Saw A Quite Place 2 and Luca.

A Quiet Place 2 felt kinda pointless? I kept waiting for it to amount to something but it really doesnet go anywhere or do anything the first one didn't do. Well shot and at times really good suspense, but plot was basically non existant. At least it was short.

I didn't know what to expect from Luca but i ended up really enjoying it. It was nice to see something from Pixar and Disney that was sort of small scale and personal in comparison to their standard fantasy adventures. Just a boy who wants a scooter; worked for me. I feel like the pendulum is slowly shifting back to Pixar in terms of producing better films over Disney Animation Studios as I've found myself enjoying pixars films more than Disney in recent years, this and Soul in the past year alone.

Edited by Delita
9 minutes ago, Delita said:

Saw A Quite Place 2 and Luca.

A Quiet Place 2 felt kinda pointless? I kept waiting for it to amount to something but it really doesnet go anywhere or do anything the first one didn't do. Well shot and at times really good suspense, but plot was basically non existant. At least it was short.

I didn't know what to expect from Luca but i ended up really enjoying it. It was nice to see something from Pixar and Disney that was sort of small scale and personal in comparison to their standard fantasy adventures. Just a boy who wants a scooter; worked for me. I feel like the pendulum is slowly shifting back to Pixar in terms of producing better films over Disney Animation Studios as I've found myself enjoying pixars films more than Disney in recent years, this and Soul in the past year alone.

Spot on!

51 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Spot on!

Honestly I was scratching my head at all the praise the film got and I felt like I seriously just missed something major in the film. And now I read there’s a 3rd in development. Wtf? 

Honestly I see it now becoming the new yearly thriller franchise like saw or paranormal activity where they drive to concept to the ground with a dozen lazy sequels. They can’t be expensive to create since it apparently doesent  even need any kind of script or dialogue :lul: