What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Delita said:

Honestly I was scratching my head at all the praise the film got and I felt like I seriously just missed something major in the film. And now I read there’s a 3rd in development. Wtf? 

Honestly I see it now becoming the new yearly thriller franchise like saw or paranormal activity where they drive to concept to the ground with a dozen lazy sequels. They can’t be expensive to create since it apparently doesent  even need any kind of script or dialogue :lul: 

Ha I’m good. I can do without a third. 

I’m on episode 6 of black summer season 2. Aside from the amazing white horse episode, this has been solid, but not nearly as good as 1. I’m still into it, because of the vibe, but the main characters aren’t resonating with me (aside from spears) like they did in the first season. Also, the story is too disjointed for its own good. I feel like season 1 nailed the formula perfectly. 

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m on episode 6 of black summer season 2. Aside from the amazing white horse episode, this has been solid, but not nearly as good as 1. I’m still into it, because of the vibe, but the main characters aren’t resonating with me (aside from spears) like they did in the first season. Also, the story is too disjointed for its own good. I feel like season 1 nailed the formula perfectly. 

I think you'll appreciate the next 2 eps. Theres some great character focused moments in them.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I think you'll appreciate the next 2 eps. Theres some great character focused moments in them.

Thank goodness, because that’s the driving force for me. I love the tension and all..but it means shit if I dislike the characters lol. White horse was a masterpiece, though. Wow! 

Loki ep3 solid despite being mostly character development and dialogue. The setting was cool af this week. Reminded me of something straight out of Returnal. Hiddleston continues to be the standout and carry this show with his charm. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade wtf? 

Reveal hidden contents

Spears is dead! Noooooooooo 

that whole part was very well done and 

Spoiler

Really elevated Anna’s character me. She really transforms into her own person and is no longer just a little girl doing everything her mom tells her to do.

51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

that whole part was very well done and 

Reveal hidden contents

Really elevated Anna’s character me. She really transforms into her own person and is no longer just a little girl doing everything her mom tells her to do.

i agree with that 

Spoiler

he was just my favorite character by far. 

Binged the final season of Boche. Very good stuff! I actually feel like they could have kept it going for longer (which is interesting because I started feeling some fatigue during the last season). Definitely going to miss these characters and all the messed up stuff they get involved in.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Binged the final season of Boche. Very good stuff! I actually feel like they could have kept it going for longer (which is interesting because I started feeling some fatigue during the last season). Definitely going to miss these characters and all the messed up stuff they get involved in.

I need to watch it. This chick got me into cruel summer and now I’m binging it lol

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I need to watch it. This chick got me into cruel summer and now I’m binging it lol

Cruel summer is just ok btw. It’s one of those 10 episode seasons that could have been great, had it been cut down to 6-8 episodes. 

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Isn't there a Bosch spinoff coming, with one of the other characters?

I haven't watched any of it yet, but once I clear out my DVR, I need to start catching up on many, MANY shows on Netflix and Hulu and Amazon prime that I either fell behind or never started watching.

2/2 so far for Rick and Morty season 5. Definitely feels like they got the creative juices back. High concept fun this week and the post credits scene gave me one of the biggest laughs of the year. Just so we’ll done. Can’t wait for more. 

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

Isn't there a Bosch spinoff coming, with one of the other characters?

I haven't watched any of it yet, but once I clear out my DVR, I need to start catching up on many, MANY shows on Netflix and Hulu and Amazon prime that I either fell behind or never started watching.

Bosch is like an old school cop show. It doesn’t have some fancy gimmick. That’s why I love it!