Jump to content

What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread


Recommended Posts

Came back from seeing the Bond movie.

 

And, if someone were to explain how this movie plays out, it would sound really really stupid.

 

And for the first 20-30 minutes, I was actually thinking that this was going to be Spectre-levels of terrible, there's some weird shit that happens at the movie is starting.

 

Then it starts progressively getting better. There are actual scenes in which you really are concerned about what happens next, because you care enough about what is at stake.

 

Technically, they steal one of the story bits from MGS1, and they make it more interesting than Kojima ever did.

 

Bond also talks alot more in this movie. He's more emotive here than any of the other movies. I don't know if its better, but it was different and somewhat refreshing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched Spiderverse. Holy shit that was fun watch. Rating it as a comic book movie it is a 10/10 and better than all the live action Marvel or DC films.

Posted Images

Kind of reminds me of Michael Fassbender, who doesn't actually look like Steve Jobs, really capture the spirit and mannerisms of Steve Jobs.

 

This guy sorta looks like Robin WIlliams, but its really the way he moves his mouth when he talks, and the ways his eyes dart around that really capture the feel. Its really damn good.

 

The way he speaks in short phrases, he starts speaking loud and clear and then fades into a mumble.

 

Robin Williams used to hang out with alot of drug-riddled comedians back in the day.

 

 

 

Chances are, he probably did coke daily.

 

I didn't know about this until I had read an article from David Chase, creator of the Sorpranos, but he said he barely to James Gandolfini, because he was so combative and was known as one of the biggest cokeheads in hollywood.

Link to post
Share on other sites

watched the second Venom movie, and they really replicated what made the first one decent and enjoyable. It was a short, tight movie, they don't waste much time with pointless scenes, there was quite a bit of comedy, and they got to fighting the bad guy fairly quickly.

 

I will say that there is one thing that isn't explained very well, Naomi Harris' character gets taken to a facility that feels like something from a Wolverine movie, and we don't get any backstory on what it is and who created this facility. it just exists.

 

Woody Harrelson does a decent job, but I would've wished he acted more crazy like a true serial killer, but maybe they toned that down because its PG-13.

 

Pretty decent end credits scene in which they will tie it closer to their other movie property. So that should be great for future movies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Watched The Invisible Man. Holy shit that was amazing. Incredible performance, superbly shot and some amazing scenes. Can not recommend highly enough. 9.5/10

i liked it more than i expected to. i'd say it's more like an 8.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im nearing the end of The Defeated on Netflix. It has a very unique setting (post WW2 Berlin during an occupation by allied powers) and has been a pretty fun watch so far. It also a surprisingly well known cast for a random european show (including Michael C Hall and Logan Marshall Green).

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I just bought tickets that went on sale this morning.

 

It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't that good, live. Their music doesn't lend itself very well to live performance.

 

But I've never seen them AND they got John Frusciante back, so I absolutely have to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

 

 

I just bought tickets that went on sale this morning.

 

It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't that good, live. Their music doesn't lend itself very well to live performance.

 

But I've never seen them AND they got John Frusciante back, so I absolutely have to.

 

I saw them on the I'm With You tour and enjoyed them although I couldn't help but think that it wasn't the classic line up without Frusciante.  Their older material has more energy to it so probably lends itself better to more engaging live performances.  Kiedis probably can't get away with knocking out Catholic School Girls Rule or Sir Psycho Sexy very much these days though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Spiral, From the Book of Saw, and it was more of a cop drama than a Saw film. The plot felt thin and the traps they made this movie were extremely lackluster. I will say I enjoyed Chris Rock’s performance and I think he was the best part of the film. As a long time fan of the series, it was supremely disappointing just like Jigsaw before it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ike said:

Watched Spiral, From the Book of Saw, and it was more of a cop drama than a Saw film. The plot felt thin and the traps they made this movie were extremely lackluster. I will say I enjoyed Chris Rock’s performance and I think he was the best part of the film. As a long time fan of the series, it was supremely disappointing just like Jigsaw before it. 

I actually thought jigsaw was a return to form for the franchise. It was my favorite since 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished season 3 of You. Those last three episodes were awesome! Tense AF and wild! As for the season, I loved all of the razor sharp social satire and game-changing twists, along with an all-out bonkers ending. The season isn’t perfect, but it’s deliciously messy. I look forward to season 4. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Just finished season 3 of You. Those last three episodes were awesome! Tense AF and wild! As for the season, I loved all of the razor sharp social satire and game-changing twists, along with an all-out bonkers ending. The season isn’t perfect, but it’s deliciously messy. I look forward to season 4. 

 

The COVID references are honestly the worst part of the season so far. I really hope this doesn't become a trend where every new TV show just decides to write COVID/the pandemic into its setting for no reason whatsoever. 
 

Edit: ugh they’re leaning really hard into the real world political themes with this one. It’s starting to get annoying and straight up feels like propaganda at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 

The COVID references are honestly the worst part of the season so far. I really hope this doesn't become a trend where every new TV show just decides to write COVID/the pandemic into its setting for no reason whatsoever. 
 

Edit: ugh they’re leaning really hard into the real world political themes with this one. It’s starting to get annoying and straight up feels like propaganda at times.

Yes, because covid didn't actually happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 

The COVID references are honestly the worst part of the season so far. I really hope this doesn't become a trend where every new TV show just decides to write COVID/the pandemic into its setting for no reason whatsoever. 
 

Edit: ugh they’re leaning really hard into the real world political themes with this one. It’s starting to get annoying and straight up feels like propaganda at times.

They abandon it early on. I personality loved it :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...