What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

25 minutes ago, Ike said:

Premier of Curb was excellent. I know a ton of fucking “ploppers “ so that had me rolling.  Great for the show to be back. Still so consistently funny. 

Spoiler

the ending was a nice tribute to the funk man. it was great that they had his actual brother in an episode that involved a funeral, closing it out with larry and albert brooks sharing hand sanitizer during a live orchestra of the show's theme.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

So looks like they are greenlighting Dune 2. That release date seems way too good to be true though. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/dune-2-greenlit-movie-release-date-1235036655/

Nah, if they start filming early next year and spend 8-10 months filming. That still leaves a year for post production. Seems like plenty of time. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

So looks like they are greenlighting Dune 2. That release date seems way too good to be true though. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/dune-2-greenlit-movie-release-date-1235036655/

To be honest.  The movie does appear to have alot of scenes in which people are just walking in the desert.

And Villenueve says that he likes to go on-location to film that stuff. So they could probably film alot of scenes quickly.

Its probably the CGI ships and battles that is going to require them to have alot of graphics studios to start working on that quickly for the whole two years.

Thank goodness they didn't get any lag time between this first movie coming out, and Villenueve and his production team getting the green light to start making the next one.

I bet they feel galvanized by all the lovely reception that the movie is getting, and now they should feel more confident about what they are making.

My question, as somebody who hasn't read the book, is there enough material  to make three movies?

Is will he be able to put everything in a second 2.5 hour movie? It would kinda suck if the second movie required 3.5 to put everything in there, and now we either have to sit through a super-long movie, or we have to watch a conclusion to a story that has been compromised. Might as well include everything in the book and make two 2.25 hr movies to make a very impressive trilogy.

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

Nah, if they start filming early next year and spend 8-10 months filming. That still leaves a year for post production. Seems like plenty of time. 

It can be done but you're making it sound way simpler than it probably is. To start the movie stars some of the biggest actors in Hollywood. I won't post spoilers but acknowledge not all will be returning but they have to schedule that, build sets, write a script I'm assuming, location scouting, etc. 

This isn't a marvel joint where they basically have a facility to crank out two to three movies a year. I want the movie to be good. But then someone just told me that they did the first part in a relatively decent speed. 

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Cowboy Bebop trailer just dropped. Not sure how I feel about it, but they definitely seem to have put some money into it

It’s one anime I think can actually translate to live action decently well. Trailer looks decent and production value looks high. I’ll check it out. :obama: 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

It’s one anime I think can actually translate to live action decently well. Trailer looks decent and production value looks high. I’ll check it out. :obama: 

Theres a very low chance of it happening but I would love it if Netflix somehow picked up that cancelled Monster series that Del Toro was going to be directing for HBO. Thats one anime that would have been a perfect fit for a live action series.

• Upvote 1

Oh, I didn't know this, but apparently HBO had already greenlit a series based on that clan of witchy women in the Dune movie, the Bene Gesserit, back in 2019.

With Denis Villenueve directing the pilot, and I believe he was helping develop it. So they are definitely planning of mining alot of the material from the books.

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

Oh, I didn't know this, but apparently HBO had already greenlit a series based on that clan of witchy women in the Dune movie, the Bene Gesserit, back in 2019.

With Denis Villenueve directing the pilot, and I believe he was helping develop it. So they are definitely planning of mining alot of the material from the books.

They should have just made a Dune TV show instead of another game of thrones series. 

18 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Theres a very low chance of it happening but I would love it if Netflix somehow picked up that cancelled Monster series that Del Toro was going to be directing for HBO. Thats one anime that would have been a perfect fit for a live action series.

nah, monster would be a terrible idea just like cowbow b is. goddamn it looks awful

monster is perfect, they got the german shit just right, they will fuck it up in live action

Finished You S3 - Got crazy in the end. I liked the ending and just how flat out wild this season was. Not it's best but they have fully embraced everything ridiculous about the show and turned it to 10.

Curb ep was great. Not at peak form yet but it's just so great to have Larry back. GOAT. 

Started Money Heist now. First ep was excellent. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished You S3 - Got crazy in the end. I liked the ending and just how flat out wild this season was. Not it's best but they have fully embraced everything ridiculous about the show and turned it to 10.

Curb ep was great. Not at peak form yet but it's just so great to have Larry back. GOAT. 

Started Money Heist now. First ep was excellent. 

Money Heist is a blast! 

• Like 1

hope that chick gets naked alot, again.

I had heard some rumors that Henry Cavill was not coming back, but they were all from shitty websites, and nothing was reported from any major website and not from the witcher subreddit.

They've already confirmed a third season.

Edited by jehurey
  • aitch 1