What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Is it really that bad tho? It has a 68% at RT and GS gave it a 7, calling it the best Matrix since the original.

let's put it this way...you probably already know how it will end. i'm fine with the conclusion, but it's how they got there that's a total mess. dissected, there are some really cool parts/ideas. however, assembled, it's not cohesive. also, most of the humor falls flat. maybe you'll think otherwise. the movie is definitely better than the third matrix (i literally gave it a 0/10). the second was a better film imo, but that's not saying much. the franchise, in my mind, ended with the original.

• Upvote 1

I have seen a Wachowski movie in many, many years.

So, I always avoided Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending and all of that stuff.

I hear and read that those movies look like they're quite interesting, and they have good ideas, but the Wachowskis never quite manage to hit the mark.

And I'm also hearing that about this movie.

I watched Resident Evil Welcome to Raccoon City

It was a messy Frankenstein of ideas and story threads from the first 2 RE games slammed together with bad writing, badly miscast characters with completely off personalities (only Claire was ok), laughably bad CGI and visuals in general, just bad everything. At times it actually made me yearn for the Milla Jovovich movies. Everything about it felt cheap and badly produced.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

I have seen a Wachowski movie in many, many years.

So, I always avoided Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending and all of that stuff.

I hear and read that those movies look like they're quite interesting, and they have good ideas, but the Wachowskis never quite manage to hit the mark.

And I'm also hearing that about this movie.

I liked Cloud Atlas. Jupiter is….beyond awful. 

I really liked the new Matrix. It's way too meta, but I dug it. Could have been shorter but Washosky definitely reigned her self in a bit. I don't know if this is a whole new franchise, and if so they probably should have let some newer characters be a bit more important. 

It was a comfortable watch. 

So, I’ve read that quite a few people didn’t like Succession until episode 4. I see why. There’s a good 10 minutes where everything finally clicks….where you know you are in for some deliciously dark backstabbing. I finally get the obsession many have with the series. Oh….and I made the theme song my ringtone. This beat :wow2:

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

Don't Look Up is fucking amazing. Why isn't it getting such shitty reviews? Worse than the matrix? Lmao wtf is wrong with critics?

Everyone I know who saw it hated it, and they are all big fans of McCay (as am I) so it's gotta be bad. No wonder you like it.