What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

39 minutes ago, Snowman said:

And I'm sorry for his and your loss! It's insane how fast it swept the country years ago and how it still has that grasp over people, it really shows how tough addiction is to break.

And nowadays with how prevalent Fent is and how everything is cut, I mean everything was cut back then too, but nowadays there's so many analogues and different synthetics you have no idea what's in what, that people still take them, it's sad and insane.

You still living in Florida? I'm still here in Georgia

Yeah, fent is no joke. Yup, still in Florida. I’ll probably live the rest of my life here. I have a lot of family. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Watched the first two episodes of Raised by Wolves. It’s the same as last season. Great moments of sci-fi and good world building paired with some laughable performances and some weak scripts. I love it so much and glad it’s back. This season looks to be even crazier than the first. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

All of Us Are Dead is Netflix's 5th biggest non-english series ever, having been watched for a total of 236 million hours already  :wow: 

Bodes well for future Korean shows.

it could've easily been 4 eps shorter, but i enjoyed it!

Because I realized I was being charged $6 for EPIX NOW, I decided I needed to actually watch something on the app, so I started watching Godfather of Harlem, and watched the first two episodes.

Its actually pretty good, and it moves rather snappy for a historical show.

It feels like its filmed to be very similar to Denzel Washington's American Gangster, and the reason why is because its based on Bumpy Johnson, who was in American Gangster as Denzel's former mentor that he used to be a driver for and learned how to run a mob business.

Usually when they start introducing characters like Malcolm X, things feel forced and detracting to the story.  But the guy who plays Malcolm X in this show is pretty good, and they give him practical motivations for what he does. They actually make him a realistic and flawed character, instead of some exaggerated historical figure.

Gonna keep watching.

Watched another four episodes of Godfather of Harlem, so a little past halfway through the first season.

There are a couple of instances where, all of a sudden, a famous historical character drops in and the episode's story revolves around it.

Also there's a couple of instances where it looks like things got royally fucked up, and you're thinking how they're going to get out of this, but they were able to get out of that jam in a neat and tidy way by the end of the episode.

But I am still enjoying it, and I like how Forest Whitaker isn't over-acting, he is older and he's playing a person who is no longer young. But he still gets quite angry in some scenes.

ended up binging the last 15 episodes of Godfather of Harlem within the past 2 days. haven't done that in a while.

the end of the first season ends with the main character suddenly caring about things  that seem forced. and then it ends with him being targeted by the five families of New York.

The beginning season, like they've done in previous episodes, simply reboots the problem by the end of the episode.  And it reaches a pretty bad point by the second episode, if you want to find the hilarious scene on youtube, you can probably easily find it.

during the middle of the second season, they start doing things that are interesting. The finally put the two best actors working together. Vincent D'Onfrio and Forest Whitaker, so that makes for some good scenes.

And the other thing is that show almost becomes like a dual story, show in parallel, the most important months  of Malcolm X's life when things are starting to get dangerous for him. the second season end up finishing in a sloppy, somewhat aggravating fashion.

however i have to say, I have an idea for a fantastic comedy idea that i got from watching this show. there's a character here who would have a fantastic point-of-view for a tv show.

a relatively young catholic priest whose older brother is a mob boss, and his brother keeps on going to him to confess absolutely horrific things, and the priest is always in constant horror and pleading with his brother to stop, and then he ends up getting caught into some that shit, and he has to start breaking rules to save his ass. Those scenes are legit hilarious, the actor playing the priest has the reaction expressions.  Imagine a tv show like Barry, dark comedy with killings, but with a catholic priest and the mob in the 60's.

Edited by jehurey
  • Upvote 1
On 2022-02-08 at 10:17 PM, Twinblade said:

Snowpiercer was off to a slow start this season, but that 3rd ep........:smoke:

Good God almighty... :wow2: :smoke:

Last year watched the movie for the first time ever, heard lots about it years ago but when I sat down to watch it, I wasn't in the mood at the time. Pretty damn solid movie overall, was pleasantly surprised.

Finally got around to the show last week and was hooked by the 3rd episode, wasn't anything mind blowing or really great, but was definitely engaged and enjoying it all. By the end of S1 I couldn't get enough and plowed thru S2 in a night, stayed up till 9am to finish it lmao.

I was surprised by the acting and writing tbh, obviously it's not Better Call Saul levels, but it holds its own. Very much looking forward to the rest of this season

• Like 1

Haven't seen the latest episode of Peacemaker yet, but it's been a banger. It's gonna progressively better and Cena surprised me with his acting. First 2 or 3 episodes felt like it had lots tonal issues, might've been just me... I'll go back and rewatch later..but if you liked the new Suicide Squad, this is more dumb fun with solid acting all around. 

3 hours ago, Snowman said:

Good God almighty... :wow2: :smoke:

Last year watched the movie for the first time ever, heard lots about it years ago but when I sat down to watch it, I wasn't in the mood at the time. Pretty damn solid movie overall, was pleasantly surprised.

Finally got around to the show last week and was hooked by the 3rd episode, wasn't anything mind blowing or really great, but was definitely engaged and enjoying it all. By the end of S1 I couldn't get enough and plowed thru S2 in a night, stayed up till 9am to finish it lmao.

I was surprised by the acting and writing tbh, obviously it's not Better Call Saul levels, but it holds its own. Very much looking forward to the rest of this season

Yeah, season 2 of snow piercer owned! I really love the fact they expanded on the world the movie had created, but without fucking it up. 

• aitch 1