What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Im 3 eps into the final Ozark eps. It truly is more of the same in terms of what Ozark does right it continues to do right but everything it does wrong previously is very much still here in this final episodes so far. 

Yup

Finished Severance this week. It might have benefitted from cutting an ep or two but the season ender is fucking worth it. Also it's one of the few shows where the concept is so good you can talk about it endlessly at a greater extent than just what happened in an episode.

Netflix has a stacked Anime release schedule this year and Bubble just dropped and I can confirm it's pretty great. Perfect for people who like Anime but also can't commit to multiple 50+ eps of a Shonen Battle show. I actually haven't seen a stand alone Anime movie in ages and it's such a fun experience to see a story from start to end in less than 2 hours.

The best thing about Ozark’s final season was its soundtrack. I’ve been playing classic Nas all day.  I’m so glad they started with this track (my favorite from Illmatic)

Watched season 1 of the French series The 7 Lives Of Lea. It’s a murder mystery involving time travel and body swapping. Most of it worked quite well. I’m definitely fine with this being a one-and-done series, but they left a fantastic opening for a season 2. Oh, and I turned on the English dub, whenever this white thug was on. The VO is hilarious :D Very Malibu’s Most Wanted :D  Fortunately, the character sounded fine (and not  cliched) in French lol. 

Finished Ozark.

Massively disappointed. Actually can't believe how average or nearly bad that run of last episodes were. The only good ep was the first one from this bunch then it descends into an absolute mess. The ending is terrible, what they gave significance to is terrible, what they didn't do is terrible (in terms of moments that seem to have been building to a crescendo), just terrible.

Honestly think those last 6 episodes are actually the worst 6 in the entire series.  

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Ozark.

Massively disappointed. Actually can't believe how average or nearly bad that run of last episodes were. The only good ep was the first one from this bunch then it descends into an absolute mess. The ending is terrible, what they gave significance to is terrible, what they didn't do is terrible (in terms of moments that seem to have been building to a crescendo), just terrible.

Honestly think those last 6 episodes are actually the worst 6 in the entire series.  

Yeah, I was so disappointed.

46 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I was so disappointed.

One of the most ridiculous things

Spoiler

Was how they teased the car crash at the very beginning of the season, then it finally happens in the last episode and you realize its pretty much an irrelevant scene where all the characters come out fine and they forget about it 2 minutes later. Like wtf? Some of the writing is just bad.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

One of the most ridiculous things

Hide contents

Was how they teased the car crash at the very beginning of the season, then it finally happens in the last episode and you realize its pretty much an irrelevant scene where all the characters come out fine and they forget about it 2 minutes later. Like wtf? Some of the writing is just bad.

YES!!!!! awful! 

Finished Reacher. It was exactly what I hoped it would be - a fun, violent action thriller that’s over-the-top, but it works. I liked the main characters a lot. 

• Like 1