What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

6 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

Just saw Nope but not really sure what to make of it.  I can't say I wouldn't recommend seeing it once though.

It took me a few viewings to appreciate Us. I wonder if Nope will be similar, in that sense (haven’t seen it). 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

It took me a few viewings to appreciate Us. I wonder if Nope will be similar, in that sense (haven’t seen it). 

I've only seen Us once. :happysad:  When it comes to horror films, I often find I enjoy the films more before a big reveal and once the big reveal happens, it loses something.  I think that may apply to this film.

4 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

I've only seen Us once. :happysad:  When it comes to horror films, I often find I enjoy the films more before a big reveal and once the big reveal happens, it loses something.  I think that may apply to this film.

Ah gotcha 

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

That’s disappointing. It looked really good.

you might like it, I just don’t think the pay off was satisfying enough given all the build up. 

btw, I watched the first episode of for all mankind. That shit was impressive :whew:can’t wait to watch more.

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

you might like it, I just don’t think the pay off was satisfying enough given all the build up. 

btw, I watched the first episode of for all mankind. That shit was impressive :whew:can’t wait to watch more.

For All Mankind has its flaws, but the pros heavily outweigh them. Enjoy the ride!

3 hours ago, z,warrior said:

Still have 3 eps left of mr robot s4. 

House of dragon ep 1 was lit

Curb your enthusiasm got renewed for a12th season!

I was rewatching BB too. Lost interest after Gus saga.

Watching Westworld s4 now that all the eps are out

I could see that. The first half of season 5 isn’t as thrilling as the amazing second part. I’m almost done with 5. Everything post hank/toilet is godly af! 

I finished my Breaking Bad marathon. I think this viewing felt extra special because of what BCS added to its universe. Regarding the final seasons for each respective show, BCS had the stronger first half, but BB murders it in the second. Now…I finally feel like I can take a break from Vince’s world….until I rewatch all of BCS in a year lol.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, -GD-X said:

For All Mankind has its flaws, but the pros heavily outweigh them. Enjoy the ride!

Im almost done with the first season. The main thing I dislike about the show is just how much it feels like it’s pushing a political agenda with some of these storylines. It’s so on the nose sometimes that it’s honestly cringe worthy.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im almost done with the first season. The main thing I dislike about the show is just how much it feels like it’s pushing a political agenda with some of these storylines. It’s so on the nose sometimes that it’s honestly cringe worthy.

That’s a fair criticism. It didn’t bother me, though, since it’s an alternate reality. A lot of the issues presented were pretty big back then, so it makes sense to explore them. I love how different presidents were elected, or certain scandals were replaced with other ones. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

That’s a fair criticism. It didn’t bother me, though, since it’s an alternate reality. A lot of the issues presented were pretty big back then, so it makes sense to explore them. I love how different presidents were elected, or certain scandals were replaced with other ones. 

yeah that stuff is neat but then you have

Spoiler

moments like when Ellen and Deke were stranded in space, with Deke in the middle of bleeding to death. So of course the appropriate course of action is for Ellen to come out as lesbian and get into an argument with Deke about LGBT rights and how the world is changing towards their acceptance  :ben: stuff like that is so out of place and and feels forced given the mood and whats at stake.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

yeah that stuff is neat but then you have

Hide contents

moments like when Ellen and Deke were stranded in space, with Deke in the middle of bleeding to death. So of course the appropriate course of action is for Ellen to come out as lesbian and get into an argument with Deke about LGBT rights and how the world is changing towards their acceptance  :ben: stuff like that is so out of place and and feels forced given the mood and whats at stake.

Eh I’m going to have to disagree there. I think you’re reaching a bit. 

• Upvote 1
On 2022-08-28 at 8:46 PM, -GD-X said:

Eh I’m going to have to disagree there. I think you’re reaching a bit. 

i just finished s2. They really go deep into the family dramas in this one, it felt like a soap opera way more often than I’d like. However the ending was quite good and left me impressed

Spoiler

I figured one of them would die, but I was surprised when Tracy and Gordo both bit the bullet. They were 2 of my favorite characters and their story felt more genuine than many of the others, so it was sad to see.

It's an older film but just released on Hulu. I watched it this weekend and loved it. It's also completely up on Youtube as well.

Anyone who liked Kung Fu Hustle should like this. It's got bad chinese FX in a lot of places but the story is alot of fun. Very family friendly as well. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

i just finished s2. They really go deep into the family dramas in this one, it felt like a soap opera way more often than I’d like. However the ending was quite good and left me impressed

Reveal hidden contents

I figured one of them would die, but I was surprised when Tracy and Gordo both bit the bullet. They were 2 of my favorite characters and their story felt more genuine than many of the others, so it was sad to see.

Yeah the 

Spoiler

Danny arc

Is god awful. While season 3 owns (for the most part),

Spoiler

Danny’s soap arc 

Is so bad, that is brought down my overall score for 3. Still, the great stuff outweighs the negative shit. 

I had an AMC+ free weekend on my Sling TV, but I only really used it to see what AMC shows are out there.

Finally watched the short IFC series, Garfunkel and Oates.

And then I started watching the first season of Kevin Can F*ck Himself on AMC. Took me until the second episode for me to finally get what the show is aiming for. Its pretty interesting. Even though its not a sci-fi, it almost operates like its a sci-fi premise. But the change in tone and cinematography is meant to represent when the show switches in and out of the main character's view of the world.

I never saw Schitt's Creek, so this is my first time watching Annie Murphy, and she's definitely pretty cool.

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

I had an AMC+ free weekend on my Sling TV, but I only really used it to see what AMC shows are out there.

Finally watched the short IFC series, Garfunkel and Oates.

And then I started watching the first season of Kevin Can F*ck Himself on AMC. Took me until the second episode for me to finally get what the show is aiming for. Its pretty interesting. Even though its not a sci-fi, it almost operates like its a sci-fi premise. But the change in tone and cinematography is meant to represent when the show switches in and out of the main character's view of the world.

I never saw Schitt's Creek, so this is my first time watching Annie Murphy, and she's definitely pretty cool.

Schitt’s Creek is fantastic. It starts off kind of rough, even cringy. But then it becomes something special.