What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2022-08-27 at 3:23 PM, Twinblade said:

@-GD-X Watcher is out on shudder. Its not quite as entertaining as I thought it would be. The amount of buildup was just too much, and when things finally start to 'pop off' the movie just ends. 7.5 rating from me.

Just watched it. It was nicely shot and Maika Monroe is always great. However, yeah, once it took off….the end lol. 7 for me, since I thought it was well-made and had solid performances. The story was pretty forgettable, though lol. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Just watched it. It was nicely shot and Maika Monroe is always great. However, yeah, once it took off….the end lol. 7 for me, since I thought it was well-made and had solid performances. The story was pretty forgettable, though lol. 

Yeah, the story is too basic with not enough memorable or interesting moments.

The next movie that chick is in looks pretty good btw

16 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade I think you would like The Imperfects on Netflix. The acting is eh and the show can be hokey. However, it’s a lot of fun.

sounds like it’s superhero themed? I’m not sure it’s for me, I hate most superhero stuff. The Boys is the only real exception.

If you want something new to watch on Netflix you might like trapped and the recent sequel entrapped. They’re Icelandic crime dramas with some standout cinematography thanks to the country’s natural landscapes. You would appreciate that aspect of it but it’s a solid series in general.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

sounds like it’s superhero themed? I’m not sure it’s for me, I hate most superhero stuff. The Boys is the only real exception.

If you want something new to watch on Netflix you might like trapped and the recent sequel entrapped. They’re Icelandic crime dramas with some standout cinematography thanks to the country’s natural landscapes. You would appreciate that aspect of it but it’s a solid series in general.

It’s not really superhero stuff. It’s almost like a mix of campy sci-fi horror. 

• Upvote 1

I know I'm late, but I'm pretty hyped for Mando season 3. Only TV show I really care about. I started House of Dragons, it's not bad but I'm not very invested in it.

:juggle: 

And this looks good? Maybe I'm high but it seems pretty different and grounded. 

Just now, Twinblade said:

ill watch the first few ep or 2 and see if i can get into it

I started watching Narco-Saints and its pretty good. Basically a Korean spin on Narcos.

if you go into into expecting a surprisingly funny and "so bad, yet i can't stop watching" show, it's great :D

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Ramza said:

I know I'm late, but I'm pretty hyped for Mando season 3. Only TV show I really care about. I started House of Dragons, it's not bad but I'm not very invested in it.

:juggle: 

And this looks good? Maybe I'm high but it seems pretty different and grounded. 

Andor will be good. From the Rogue One team. Also, a cool time they’ve never explored really in the universe with empire ruling the galaxy before the Death Star. 

29 minutes ago, Ike said:

Andor will be good. From the Rogue One team. Also, a cool time they’ve never explored really in the universe with empire ruling the galaxy before the Death Star. 

I didn't like Rogue One. Kenobi and Mando are anomalies for me. I still have a good feeling for Andor, like you say, the time period is interesting, and they seem to be doing just that, explore the day-to-day life under the Imperial. It's neat. 

So I’m on the season finale of The Imperfects. The show has gone from “so bad, it’s good” to “well, I made it this far, I may as well finish it.” While the first 5 eps kept dishing out outrageous developments and twists, the last 5 have tried to make sense of it all, which bogged down the pacing. I just want this thing to end. DO NOT WATCH lol. 

edit: the last minutes were dope. I wish they had introduced those things earlier. Oh well. I will not be watching season 2 (I highly doubt this will get renewed lol). 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

So I’m on the season finale of The Imperfects. The show has gone from “so bad, it’s good” to “well, I made it this far, I may as well finish it.” While the first 5 eps kept dishing out outrageous developments and twists, the last 5 have tried to make sense of it all, which bogged down the pacing. I just want this thing to end. DO NOT WATCH lol. 

edit: the last minutes were dope. I wish they had introduced those things earlier. Oh well. I will not be watching season 2 (I highly doubt this will get renewed lol). 

im halfway through so ill just finish it.