What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

42 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade I watched Resurrection. That was the weirdest fucking movie I’ve seen in years :D the acting was excellent, but the story…I don’t know, man. Still, I enjoyed the slow burning insanity and its open-ended conclusion. 

I thought the story was good and actually pretty believable if you think about it

Spoiler

She met David when she was a naive 18 year old, and he basically groomed her and used her throughout the entire relationship, torturing her with the 'kindnesses' before finally killing their son. The whole experience was deeply traumatizing, and him suddenly coming back into her life brings all that trauma back to the surface, so she starts hallucinating and seeing/hearing things that aren't there (the scenes with the baby).

That one take monologue where she explains her history with David to the intern was amazing! One of the best performances this year, and up there with a similar scene in Pearl.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I thought the story was good and actually pretty believable if you think about it

Hide contents

She met David when she was a naive 18 year old, and he basically groomed her and used her throughout the entire relationship, torturing her with the 'kindnesses' before finally killing their son. The whole experience was deeply traumatizing, and him suddenly coming back into her life brings all that trauma back to the surface, so she starts hallucinating and seeing/hearing things that aren't there (the scenes with the baby).

That one take monologue where she explains her history with David to the intern was amazing! One of the best performances this year, and up there with a similar scene in Pearl.

All excellent points. I just have to let the story marinate in my head a bit lol

Goddamn @ Smile. I can’t remember the last time a horror movie made me jump this much :D Those jump scares were really well executed even when you were expecting them though.

The movie overall was really good and will definitely be among my favorite horror movies of the year.

• aitch 1
36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Goddamn @ Smile. I can’t remember the last time a horror movie made me jump this much :D Those jump scares were really well executed even when you were expecting them though.

The movie overall was really good and will definitely be among my favorite horror movies of the year.

Bro, it was even more fun in the theater. My date jumped like crazy and people were screaming. But it was a blast, in general. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Bro, it was even more fun in the theater. My date jumped like crazy and people were screaming. But it was a blast, in general. 

yeah I really like the concept. It reminded me of It Follows, which is still one of my favorite horror movies.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Westworld was cancelled. I stopped following it a while ago but it seems some peeps here were still into the show so its unfortunate news.

I’m glad I never got around to season 4 lol

Im still on episode 4 of Westworld season 4, I've been watching other shows everytime I pop open HBO max. Im not into it as I was with season 1 but it's still sad to hear it's been cancelled. 

Read that one of the actors, Thandiwe Newton went to rehab and got replaced by Selma Hayek in a Magic Men upcoming sequel...

13 minutes ago, Ike said:

First episode was interesting. Going to keep watching. My girl has watched every season. That Black Pill episodes last year were good until the last episode. 

Yeah, most of the seasons tend to have cool elements, but crap endings. I think Asylum is the only season with an awesome conclusion. I’ll check out the new season. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

nice, i'll give it a shot.

I highly recommend it. It's by the guy who did the Jason Bourne series. There's no jedi or sith shit that I admit I love but after 50 years we finally get some look at how the Empire works, why they are so bad, and how starting a rebellion means doing shady shit as well. The cast is amazing, the music is amazing, it looks amazing. The whole show has that late 70s sci-fi feel to it. They even change the opening theme each episode to sort of give you the feel of what's coming.