What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Just finished Alice in Borderlands. I admit I was definitely disappointed by how it wrapped up. It pretty much did the exact thing I didn't want it to do

Spoiler

They put all this effort into creating this world - Slowly building up the lore and building relationships between all of these characters, then they just throw everything out the window by playing the 'Its all in your head!!11!' card. I really wish writers would stop resorting to this cheap plot device. I hate it in almost everything that its been used in. This would have been an engrossing and fantastic story if they didn't go in this direction.

The one hope for me is that the very last scene with the joker card DOES seem to imply that things aren't as they seem. So there's a small chance that this whole ending could be a red herring. If there's a season 3 and they manage to throw this season's ending out the window and just have the characters wake up in the same world right after the queen of hearts game and have the story continue from there (meaning the meteor impact that knocked the characters out in the 'real' world never happened) then I think that would be perfect.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished Alice in Borderlands. I admit I was definitely disappointed by how it wrapped up. It pretty much did the exact thing I didn't want it to do

Hide contents

They put all this effort into creating this world - Slowly building up the lore and building relationships between all of these characters, then they just throw everything out the window by playing the 'Its all in your head!!11!' card. I really wish writers would stop resorting to this cheap plot device. I hate it in almost everything that its been used in. This would have been an engrossing and fantastic story if they didn't go in this direction.

The one hope for me is that the very last scene with the joker card DOES seem to imply that things aren't as they seem. So there's a small chance that this whole ending could be a red herring. If there's a season 3 and they manage to throw this season's ending out the window and just have the characters wake up in the same world right after the queen of hearts game and have the story continue from there (meaning the meteor impact that knocked the characters out in the 'real' world never happened) then I think that would be perfect.

I believe that’s the goal. There are meant to be more seasons. But, they provided “an ending”, even if it’s meh, in case Netflix pulls the plug. I hope not, because 

Spoiler

The joker card would be awesome. Also, I want to see more of the citizens, and what the citizens do when they aren’t playing the game. 

• Like 1
On 2022-12-24 at 7:25 AM, -GD-X said:

There’s a part in Alice in Borderland that has me pumped for The Last of Us show. You can totally tell the creators of AIB were inspired by the game. 

Yeah those sets towards the end were VERY impressive and im interested in seeing how the TLOU show compares.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

I believe that’s the goal. There are meant to be more seasons. But, they provided “an ending”, even if it’s meh, in case Netflix pulls the plug. I hope not, because 

Reveal hidden contents

The joker card would be awesome. Also, I want to see more of the citizens, and what the citizens do when they aren’t playing the game. 

Yeah Ill honestly be gutted if they end the season with that ending. I haven't seen the show climb higher than the 5th spot on Netflix's most watched shows list, so I am bit worried that it hasn't been that successful for them.

13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Reveal hidden contents

There is definitely a lot they could do there

Spoiler

like that makeshift settlement before it was wiped out by the king of spades. There could be a bunch of those scattered throughout the world, and you would get a glimpse of what people do to survive.

That also actually made me think about just how much potential this would have as a game. Like imagine a Persona style social aspect, where you would travel these settlements to complete quests and build relationships with the various characters. Then the other half of the experience would be the games themselves, which would just be spins on 999/VLR.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I’ll honestly be gutted if they end the season with that ending. I haven't seen the show climb higher than the 5th spot on Netflix's most watched shows list, so I am bit worried that it hasn't been that successful for them.

Yeah, I think they upped the budget and promotion, hoping for Squid Game-like numbers. I would not be surprised if they pull the plug, which would suck balls. Now, you are seeing why I gave the season a 7.5….

If season 3 comes out and ends things on a more satisfying note, then I may bump up my score. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

There is definitely a lot they could do there

Hide contents

like that makeshift settlement before it was wiped out by the king of spades. There could be a bunch of those scattered throughout the world, and you would get a glimpse of what people do to survive.

That also actually made me think about just how much potential this would have as a game. Like imagine a Persona style social aspect, where you would travel these settlements to complete quests and build relationships with the various characters. Then the other half of the experience would be the games themselves, which would just be spins on 999/VLR.

Ha that’s exactly what I’m hoping for (or something similar). 

• Like 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I think they upped the budget and promotion, hoping for Squid Game-like numbers. I would not be surprised if they pull the plug, which would suck balls. Now, you are seeing why I gave the season a 7.5….

If season 3 comes out and ends things on a more satisfying note, then I may bump up my score. 

I really know nothing about Netflix's decision making process, but the fact that they cancelled RE even though it was #1 for several days in a row doesn't inspire much confidence when it comes to AiB.

• Sad 1

my bro in law forced me to come along and watch avatar 2 with the fam. it was terrible but some of the 3D effects were cool af (mostly underwater stuff)

though I still think 3D is a shitty gimmick :reg: 

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ike said:

I enjoyed S2 of Borderland but I agree with your guys’s criticisms. I think 7.5 is a good score. Highlight was definitely the prison game and anything with Chishiya. 

I'd probably give it a 8 if I were to rate it. Even though I hated the ending everything up to that point was a lot of fun.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ike said:

I enjoyed S2 of Borderland but I agree with your guys’s criticisms. I think 7.5 is a good score. Highlight was definitely the prison game and anything with Chishiya. 

Chishiya is the coolest mofo :wow2:

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Watched Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. One of the most fun movies I've ever seen and probably the most unique film i've watched in a very long time.

Man, I still need to see this. 

• Like 1

I learned that Uwe Boll came out of retirement recently and decided to watch the last Rampage movie in 'celebration'. And its just so fucking bad :D This guy always manages to find a way to impress, even if its for the wrong reasons

What I will say is that Brendan Fletcher should get more leading roles. He's fun to watch even in bad movies

19 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Watched Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. One of the most fun movies I've ever seen and probably the most unique film i've watched in a very long time.

It was good but felt kinda long and redundant near the end. 

• Like 1

Good news regarding Alice in Borderland @-GD-X 

In less than a week since the second season of Alice in Borderland premiered, Netflix confirms that the series has set a new streaming record, making it the most-watched Japanese series on the platform.

Officially dropped on December 22, season two rose to the #1 spot on Netflix’s Global Top 10 list of most-watch series (non-English category) over its premiere weekend

while it’s not that high on the U.S top 10, it’s high everywhere else which appears to be boosting its success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1