What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Kinda creepy though now that we know Polanski is a pedo  :scust:

A WW2 survivor, widower from an insane cult that murdered his pregnant wife, one of the best film makers... and some altercation with a developed teenager is what he'll instead be remembered for. Shame

Dead Ringers on Amazon Prime is pretty good. Rachel Weistz is fantastic. Also, she’s looking petty hot at 53. 

edit: fans of the 80’s Cronenberg flick will dig it.  Weistz easily matches, maybe exceeds, Irons. 

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Dead Ringers on Amazon Prime is pretty good. Rachel Weistz is fantastic. Also, she’s looking petty hot at 53. 

edit: fans of the 80’s Cronenberg flick will dig it.  Weistz easily matches, maybe exceeds, Irons. 

I started watching that yesterday. I liked it at first but I fell off at the 4th ep. I just got annoyed by how unfocused the story became, its jumping around so much and shoving in all these new characters and I was just finding it hard to remain interested in anything that was going on.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I started watching that yesterday. I liked it at first but I fell off at the 4th ep. I just got annoyed by how unfocused the story became, its jumping around so much and shoving in all these new characters and I was just finding it hard to remain interested in anything that was going on.

I can see that. I’m on ep 3 and there are too many moving pieces. Still, I’m awe of Weistz. The 1988 movie is definitely way more focused (I highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it). 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah im debating whether or not I want to start watching it now or just wait for all the episodes to come out.

True. The first ep definitely left me wanting more (in a good way). 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I caved and watch it. Damn what a tease :D I definitely wanted more as well.

I think all streaming shows should at least have a 2 ep premiere. 

Word!!

I’m watching the Dead Ringers finale. It’s wild how a vibrating phone, going off repeatedly, can create such tension and a sense of looming dread. While the series reminds me why the concept is better as a movie, I can’t deny the show’s many strengths (but there are many flaws too). 

• Upvote 1

I watched Aronofsky’s Mother! last night. I actually enjoyed the first third of the movie but by the end I was rolling my eyes. I hate it as a film but at the same time, it has stuck with me since I finished and I want to watch it again. It was still beautifully shot with his excellent camera work. I don’t know how I feel about it still. Just a weird cinematic experience all together. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

I watched Aronofsky’s Mother! last night. I actually enjoyed the first third of the movie but by the end I was rolling my eyes. I hate it as a film but at the same time, it has stuck with me since I finished and I want to watch it again. It was still beautifully shot with his excellent camera work. I don’t know how I feel about it still. Just a weird cinematic experience all together. 

i felt the exact same way. it's a better piece of art than it is an entertaining film.

Just now, -GD-X said:

i felt the exact same way. it's a better piece of art than it is an entertaining film.

It reminded me of Pi more than any of his other work. I thought the cast did well with they had as well. 

4 hours ago, Ike said:

It reminded me of Pi more than any of his other work. I thought the cast did well with they had as well. 

i actually loved pi. i think it's more like the fountain, in that i loved its concept and imagery, but i didn't particularly love the film.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ike said:

White House Plumbers starts on HBO this weekend. Limited series with a stacked cast. Should be a good one. 

hbo has been on a rampage. succession, perry mason and barry alone!

13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I’m watching the Dead Ringers finale. It’s wild how a vibrating phone, going off repeatedly, can create such tension and a sense of looming dread. While the series reminds me why the concept is better as a movie, I can’t deny the show’s many strengths (but there are many flaws too). 

So it ends on a high note? I might get back to it.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So it ends on a high note? I might get back to it.

Hmmm I liked the ending, but I know if I would call it a high note. It’s definitely dark and atmospheric. Trippy editing and sound design throughout. 

• Upvote 1