What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I posted about that a while ago. Its a fun movie.

I think I watched another movie with “missing” in the title and assumed it was that. It was some flick with that Asian guy from Harold and Kumar. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished it. It definitely left something to be desired. I actually think it started off better than it ended.

Wait. The finale is out?

edit: damn. I’m going to sleep soon. I would have watched it after the movie. I’ll catch it tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Apparently not :D I guess it was leaked early onto torrent sites.

No, Showtime released it today because of the holiday weekend. Wow…I thought there would be more eps. Disappointing.

10 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

No, Showtime released it today because of the holiday weekend. Wow…I thought there would be more eps. Disappointing.

Ohhhh. And yeah I also thought it was weird that there were only 9 eps. Shows rarely end with an odd number like that.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ohhhh. And yeah I also thought it was weird that there were only 9 eps. Shows rarely end with an odd number like that.

Yeah, very strange. 

Very last ep of Marvelous Mrs Maisel was yesterday. 5 seasons of greatness. Don’t judge the cover, it’s not as girly of a show as it seems in the surface. Deserves all the emmys it’s gotten. One of the funniest shows out there.

Edited by z,warrior
17 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I think I watched another movie with “missing” in the title and assumed it was that. It was some flick with that Asian guy from Harold and Kumar. 

That’s its prequel, “Searching”. I tried to stream it after I saw Missing on Netflix, couldn’t find it

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, z,warrior said:

Very last ep of Marvelous Mrs Maisel was yesterday. 5 seasons of greatness. Don’t judge the cover, it’s not as girly of a show as it seems in the surface. Deserves all the emmys it’s gotten. One of the funniest shows out there.

The first 4 seasons were fantastic. I will check out season 5 now that it’s done :smoke:

• Upvote 1

finally saw the third Guardians of the Galaxy movie earlier this week.

Really good movie, and definitely an improvement on the second one.

It has a definite "anti-animal-testing-abuse" message to it, and alot of moments that tug on heart strings. And all of the characters get some real moments to shine and have dramatic scenes, even Mantis. Seems like Chris Pratt had been half-assing stuff for a while now, but he really REALLY acted his ass off in a few scenes.

And, the best part, its completely standalone and purely exists to complete the GoTG storyline, and has nothing to do with other MCU related stories. If you haven't watched anything MCU related since Avengers Endgame, then you're still good to watch this movie.

Also, I liked the way it was filmed. It had a real "camera follow people as they walk around an area" type of look that prevented it from looking generic MCU. It led to longer one-shot scenes.

And the hallway fight scene near the end, that had all six characters is PROBABLY the best, most slick looking action scene I've ever seen in an MCU movie, and they did it like one continuous shot following them all around. It felt very "Kingsmen"-ish.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Wow, what an underwhelming Yellowjackets season finale. About to fire up From. 

Yellowjackets

Spoiler

It was such a ridiculous chain of events at the end, especially the way the police storyline ended which is some of the dumbest shit i've ever seen :D 

• Sad 1
36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yellowjackets

Reveal hidden contents

It was such a ridiculous chain of events at the end, especially the way the police storyline ended which is some of the dumbest shit i've ever seen :D 

Yup. Dumb af

20 hours ago, Twinblade said:

One of the lead chicks is also hot af. She has a unique feature that you have to get used to but it actually ends up making her more exotic and alluring.

I don’t know if I can overlook it :D Hot body, though. Just started it. 

• Upvote 1