What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

3 hours ago, kaz said:

lol I didn't understand the hype about "Us" at all. I had no idea who that Peele dude was. And I think get out was a pretty cool movie but nothing special. :yeshrug:

There are many brilliant moments in the movie...just a few messy ones too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

Wanted to watch something light. So I had seen a scene from this Netflix documentary about flat-earthers.

Its called Behind the Curve.

Its pretty goddamn entertaining, and genuinely interesting. You could enjoy it as a way to make fun of the people, but the movie starts focusing in on something very touching regarding people, in general.

You start seeing how some of them sound like opportunists, some of them are people who have a chip on their shoulder and they believe things out of defiance. There are stronger believers to control weaker believers.

And you should watch it with other people, because you or they may end yelling at the tv screen.:drake:

They also talk with normal scientists, NASA scientists, Caltech Professors, and astronaut Mark Kelly. Oddly enough, the scientists don't go into spouting numbers and data. The scientists genuinely talk about feelings and motivations that drive these flat-earthers. They come to the conclusion that they have no choice but to have to feel sympathetic to those people, and reach out to them with an olive branch. Because its not about them being stupid, or lacking intelligence or education. Its that there are people who get mis-education, and they fall into misguided beliefs.

And when society pushes them to the fringes, they find comfort from other people that are at the fringe (other flat-earthers).  It ends up becoming an identity that they cling onto. The scientist people are no longer talking about flat-earthers, but the concept they are talking about is much more universal. It explains cultism. So you spend the first half of the movie utterly laughing at them, and then you spend the latter half starting to feel sorry for them.

You see that these people are happy, but you're sad at what they had to do and believe in to find this camaraderie. These poor bastard just want to belong to something. I think its an interesting documentary that captures everything you need to know about that phenomenon, and then it goes a step further to explain something universal.

Still, you're gonna make fun of flat-earthers after watching this. They're ridiculous.

Edited by jehurey
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, zwarior said:

Never seen a single ep of Lost but like his movies despite the flare gimmick :ahmad:

are you taunting me? :really:

19 minutes ago, zwarior said:

i missed the hype back then,I feel it was an event and watching the show now would be way too late. Its like watching GoT 5 years from now. Its worth it but part ofthe fun of it is the social gatherings/convos

Watch it. The pilot and the first few seasons are amazing after that it's kinda hit and miss but I like the show. 

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Lost could never work in this binge culture of television. Amazing show. 

uhh whatya mean? I could binge watch the show like yesterday. It's a classic in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Saw Captain Marvel. Ranged from incredibly boring to utterly bland imo. Probably the worst Marvel film since Iron Man 3 / Thor 2. Probably didn't help that I watched Spiderverse the week before either.

I thought it was good. I cried. 

It’s the melancholy of getting up and fighting for your life.

• Upvote 1