What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im sick of super hero stuff, but I might have to check out the boys

Super well worth it; it's not your typical MCU film; the superheros in this you kind of despise as you get to know them. They're vain, disingenuous, and only in it for their own personal glory in most cases.

Watched the Hobbs and Shaw movie last night on $5 Tuesdays. It was fine for what it was.

It is somewhat ridiculous that they have an enemy that is closer to a James Bond supervillain, so how is that supposed to co-exist with the F&F crew? I didn't see the 8th movie, but I presume that they were already fighting enemies on the level of James Bond villains.

They had a couple of good surprise cameos in the movie.

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Super well worth it; it's not your typical MCU film; the superheros in this you kind of despise as you get to know them. They're vain, disingenuous, and only in it for their own personal glory in most cases.

i like that they show you why the superheroes are so fucked up. i actually really dig maive a lot (aside from her being hot). 

i also think my favorite aspect is how the superheroes are treated like pop stars, in regards to social media, overall public perception and being a "product" instead of a living being.  

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i like that they show you why the superheroes are so fucked up. i actually really dig maive a lot (aside from her being hot). 

i also think my favorite aspect is how the superheroes are treated like pop stars, in regards to social media, overall public perception and being a "product" instead of a living being.  

Yeah the corporatization of them, their handlers constantly checking their trending, and opinion of demographics, their stress of being dropped.

One of the most illustrative scenes to this end is when they're filming their puff pieces, and after they say cut for The Deep, they toss the garbage back onto the beach for another take. :D 

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah the corporatization of them, their handlers constantly checking their trending, and opinion of demographics, their stress of being dropped.

One of the most illustrative scenes to this end is when they're filming their puff pieces, and after they say cut for The Deep, they toss the garbage back onto the beach for another take. :D 

it really is clever stuff. 

Awwww yeah B) 

Apocalypse Now has resurfaced for its 40th-anniversary in what Coppola is calling his definitive final cut. Interestingly, this does not mean simply including everything he shot. He has removed some of the “Playmate” sequences that were in his 202-minute “Redux” edition from 2001, but this cut retains the extended “dinner party” scene with French planters in the jungle, like an encounter with angry imperial ghosts.

Apocalypse Now: Final Cut is released in the UK on 13 August and in the US on 15 August.

In many ways, the movie felt like a Stanley Kubrick movie, because they kept on travelling up the river and they would come across more and more fucked up shit that made less and less sense. And if started feeling like some sort of lucid dream.

And then when you get to the final place, shit gets real.

Hideo Kojima WISHES he could make something a quarter as good as this.

I've been seeing commercials and video clips of the Good Boys movie starring three young kids who don't know anything about sex.

That shit seriously looks funny. The movie is rated R and from the makers of Superbad. I might catch that on a cheap Tuesday.

On 2019-03-23 at 6:56 PM, kaz said:

lol I didn't understand the hype about "Us" at all. I had no idea who that Peele dude was. And I think get out was a pretty cool movie but nothing special. :yeshrug:

It was interesting, but people are making it out to be some Hitchcock level movie, it's pretty average.

He's going down the M. Night Shyamalan route trying to make the mildly interesting seem crazy by throwing a serious twist at the end. 

11 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It was interesting, but people are making it out to be some Hitchcock level movie, it's pretty average.

He's going down the M. Night Shyamalan route trying to make the mildly interesting seem crazy by throwing a serious twist at the end. 

It had a lot of great moments, but the movie was messy. It didn’t have the focus or punch Get Out did. I still enjoyed it, though.