Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aza Team 2019

The exclusives narrative since last gen had a complete 180

Recommended Posts

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It makes perfect sense because the first 3 years of its market availability it had fuck all for good exclusive games and sold nearly in parallel with 2017 which was packed to the brim with them. And that 2 million difference in sales can entirely be accounted for by a global price drop and end of the year sales... 

 

Try to keep up downsey. 

No.

 

2016 was a record year, it was also the THIRD full year of the console's lifecycle, AND it had a hardware refresh AND a NEW model come out.

 

2017 had NO hardware refresh, and it was the fourth year of the console's lifecycle.........and it exceeded 2016's record numbers.

 

There is no way for you to spin that. That's impressive.

 

Compared that to the previous gen. PS3's best year was 2009 (3rd year) and so was the Wii's. So for the PS4 to continue trending UPWARDS rather than downwards in its fourth year is undeniable.


Try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the narrative will always change to suit playstation.

 

xbox one had better exclusives 2013-2016? Exclusives don't matter, 1080p. everyone plays multiplats 99% of the time!

 

PS4 has more exclusives 2017 on and is gettinf roasted in gfx by Scorpio? Resolution doesn't matter, multiplats are irrelevant, everyone buys consoles because there's more 70%-84% -rated Chinese niche games on the dimsumstation.

 

Uhh, yeah. Whatever you guys say. :rofl: 

Edited by Bodycount X
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bodycount X said:

the narrative will always change to suit playstation.

 

xbox one had better exclusives 2013-2016? Exclusives don't matter, 1080p. everyone plays multiplats 99% of the time!

 

PS4 has more exclusives 2017 on and is gettinf roasted in gfx by Scorpio? Resolution doesn't matter, multiplats are irrelevant, everyone buys consoles because there's more 70%-84% -rated Chinese niche games on the dimsumstation.

 

Uhh, yeah. Whatever you guys say. :rofl: 

Xbox One never had better exclusives. Zero AAAes since launch 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bodycount X said:

the narrative will always change to suit playstation.

 

xbox one had better exclusives 2013-2016? Exclusives don't matter, 1080p. everyone plays multiplats 99% of the time!

 

PS4 has more exclusives 2017 on and is gettinf roasted in gfx by Scorpio? Resolution doesn't matter, multiplats are irrelevant, everyone buys consoles because there's more 70%-84% -rated Chinese niche games on the dimsumstation.

 

Uhh, yeah. Whatever you guys say. :rofl: 

They change the narrative to whatever is currently benefiting them. I remember in 2013-2015 it was all about indie games, then it was Bloodborne for 14 months, then it was Uncharted 4 for months on end...

 

It's ever shifting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was there for the incessant  begging for titanfall and dead rising 3

 

I was there for the fucking BOOing from the crowd @ evo when Killer Instinct was announced as an xbox one exclusive :rofl: the tears over ROTR, And the media takedown of the game because it wasn't on PS4

 

BULLSHIT! Pos4 has better exclusives is the current narrative because of one year (2017) and now almost ALL the games have been ported. Most were worthless shit like yakuza and ninny ninny riders 14. No one likes these games.

 

God of War comes out and everyone loses their shit. about time sony released something decent of their own. They moneyhatted bloodborne, moneyhatted nioh, moneyhatted nier and are too fucking sad and pathetic to make any games on their own. they're the lowdown conmen cocksuckers of this industry. they offer nothing, are greedy as hell, and actively make gaming worse with their bullshit practices.

 

Xbox deserves to sell more than Sony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemmings are delusional. They spent four years defending inferior 900p multiplats, claiming it was all about the exclusives anyway.

 

Now multiplats are exclusive (RGE) to the Xbox One X because Lemtards were dumb enough to buy a $500 upgrade with no real exclusives and needs to validate their purchase somehow.

 

Fucking morons.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lemmings are delusional. They spent four years defending inferior 900p multiplats, claiming it was all about the exclusives anyway.

 

Now multiplats are exclusive (RGE) to the Xbox One X because Lemtards were dumb enough to buy a $500 upgrade with no real exclusives and needs to validate their purchase somehow.

 

Fucking morons.

Xbox One owners never really cared about resolution; HOWEVER with Sony fanatics constantly attacking it it turned into a real point of contention that needed to be rectified and was. This is a prime example of talking shit and getting hit. Digital Foundry rising to prominence didn't really help this problem and instead fueled the flames. The ironic thing about all of it though is no Sony nut was brazen about this blanket of exclusive games for the PS4 before 2017 as Microsoft and them were on equal footing and to be honest Microsoft was in an even better position. It was all about indie game counts, resolution, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 for nearly 3 1/2 years, that was it. 

 

In 2017 you lot got cocky, you abandoned the indie narrative by force, you abandoned the power narrative by force, all you have left is the few Sony releases per year and third party 'exclusives' (that term isn't even safe anymore) here and there which most appear to be dwindling away as timed or resource related deals that end after a certain amount of time and make their way over to Xbox. 

 

 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bodycount X said:

i was there for the incessant  begging for titanfall and dead rising 3

 

I was there for the fucking BOOing from the crowd @ evo when Killer Instinct was announced as an xbox one exclusive :rofl: the tears over ROTR, And the media takedown of the game because it wasn't on PS4

 

BULLSHIT! Pos4 has better exclusives is the current narrative because of one year (2017) and now almost ALL the games have been ported. Most were worthless shit like yakuza and ninny ninny riders 14. No one likes these games.

 

God of War comes out and everyone loses their shit. about time sony released something decent of their own. They moneyhatted bloodborne, moneyhatted nioh, moneyhatted nier and are too fucking sad and pathetic to make any games on their own. they're the lowdown conmen cocksuckers of this industry. they offer nothing, are greedy as hell, and actively make gaming worse with their bullshit practices.

 

Xbox deserves to sell more than Sony.

i was there for the incessant begging for nier and persona 5

 

I was there for the fucking BOOing from the crowd @ evo when Street Fighter V  was announced as an PS4  exclusive :rofl: the tears over FFVII, Crash, Spiderman, Shenmue, And the media takedown of the game because it wasn't on Xbox One

 

BULLSHIT! almost ALL the games have been ported. Most were worthless shit like titanfall and Dykecharted 14. No one likes these games.

 

 They moneyhatted Ninja Theory, moneyhatted Sunset Overstive, moneyhatted Cancelbound and are too fucking sad and pathetic to make any games on their own. they're the lowdown conmen cocksuckers of this industry. they offer nothing, are greedy as hell, and actively make gaming worse with their bullshit practices.

 

PlayStation  deserves to sell more than Microsoft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Xbox One owners never really cared about resolution; HOWEVER with Sony fanatics constantly attacking it it turned into a real point of contention that needed to be rectified and was. Digital Foundry rising to prominence didn't really help this problem and instead fueled the flames, the ironic thing about all of it though is no Sony nut was brazen about this blanket of exclusive games for the PS4 before 2017 as Microsoft and them were on equal footing and to be honest Microsoft was in an even better position. It was all about indie game counts, resolution, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 for nearly 3 1/2 years, that was it. 

 

In 2017 you lot got cocky, you abandoned the indie narrative by force, you abandoned the power narrative by force, all you have left is the few Sony releases per year and third party 'exclusives' (that term isn't even safe anymore) here and there which most appear to be dwindling away as timed or resource related deals that end after a certain amount of time and make their way over to Xbox. 

 

 

Dumbass, Digital Foundry came to prominence last gen. 

 

Resolution doesn’t mean shit when the advantage comes 4 years too late, the gen is decided, and we are talking about next gen 6 months after One X released. And games have to be patched in to get the advantages

 

If it was the start of the gen it might matter but nobody is sinking another $500 at this point for minor resolution updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Xbox One owners never really cared about resolution; HOWEVER with Sony fanatics constantly attacking it it turned into a real point of contention that needed to be rectified and was. Digital Foundry rising to prominence didn't really help this problem and instead fueled the flames, the ironic thing about all of it though is no Sony nut was brazen about this blanket of exclusive games for the PS4 before 2017 as Microsoft and them were on equal footing and to be honest Microsoft was in an even better position. It was all about indie game counts, resolution, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 for nearly 3 1/2 years, that was it. 

 

In 2017 you lot got cocky, you abandoned the indie narrative by force, you abandoned the power narrative by force, all you have left is the few Sony releases per year and third party 'exclusives' (that term isn't even safe anymore) here and there which most appear to be dwindling away as timed or resource related deals that end after a certain amount of time and make their way over to Xbox. 

 

 

And now resolution is what matters the most for Xbox fantards and your last-year GOTY was an indie game. Lmao, couldn't be more ironic. 

 

I've been pretty happy with my PS4 since March 2015. Tons of great exclusive games, all the multiplats that matters (including a lot of games not on Xbox One), great price/performance ratio. I'm still gaming on my base PS4 you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Dumbass, Digital Foundry came to prominence last gen. 

 

Resolution doesn’t mean shit when the advantage comes 4 years too late, the gen is decided, and we are talking about next gen 6 months after One X released. And games have to be patched in to get the advantages

 

If it was the start of the gen it might matter but nobody is sinking another $500 at this point for minor resolution updates

Digital Foundry existed last generation in a very minimal and menial capacity, it wasn't until this generation that they rose to prominence as I said. 

 

It does though because games are still releasing just as they have been and every game is better on Xbox One X. It doesn't matter about some artificial fanboy war, the games are best played on Xbox and that's not changing. 

 

Yeah? Except people are, you're retarded.

 

P.S. LOL @ "minor updates"; you fucking dunce :mj:

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:freeman:what complete horse shit to imply that any generation xbox fan never cared about resolution or anything pertaining to technical graphics advantages. graphics and resolution literally DEFINE the xbox brand from the original xbox to the 360.

 

if anything its cows that never really cared about resolution. ps1, ps2, and ps3 all didnt have the hardware advantage the majority of their lifespans. if you gamed on those platforms, you demonstrated you prioritized exclusives and quantity of software over graphics. this follows through to this day and is the reason ps4 owners arent running out to buy an xbox one x with no exclusives, worse third party (japanese) support, and no one x showcase titles. the ps4 graphics/resolution was only ever a BONUS on top of superior first party, superior third party, and price.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Digital Foundry existed last generation in a very minimal and menial capacity, it wasn't until this generation that they rose to prominence as I said. 

 

It does though because games are still releasing just as they have been and every game is better on Xbox One X. It doesn't matter about some artificial fanboy war, the games are best played on Xbox and that's not changing. 

 

Yeah? Except people are, you're retarded.

 

P.S. LOL @ "minor updates"; you fucking dunce :mj:

Total BS - every single multiplat ever released last gen went through Digital Foundry comparisons. If anything it dropped off considerably this gen after the first year up until One X coming out and suddenly we see an influx of Digital Foundry threads again

 

As GSP said, it was never a priority for cows - just a cherry on top because its all lemmings have ever had going for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemmings are trying to spin false equivalency between the PS4/One and X/Pro.

 

PS4 is the BASE system, that came out the same week, was more powerful AND cheaper.

 

X is an OPTIONAL niche that came out a year later at 100 dollars more, FOUR years into the gen, past its half point.

Edited by #MeToo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×