Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vini

Capitalism FTW

Recommended Posts

Two-centuries-World-as-100-people.png

 

These rates of improvements are staggering. Anyone arguing for Marxism has to contend with this data

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lostfool said:

What does this have to do with Capitalism and Marxism?  

Everything. None of these metrics would be improving if it wasn't for Western Capitalism. 

 

Edited by Vini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vini said:

Everything. None of these metrics would be improving if it wasn't for Western Capitalism. 

 

So only capitalism happened for two centuries? And how can you compare it to other systems if other systems were not in place for those two centuries? You need a comparable time frame with other system to compare and maybe even a control group. You speak so much about science and your mentality is really dogmatic. You reduce a super complex issue to a bunch of graphs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you talk about western capitalism but those metrics are mostly driven by China and India moving out of extreme poverty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s hilarious about this is that the countries with best health and education outcomes have public education and public healthcare. Capitalism is ancient. Social housing, education, housing, these things are new on a government level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capitalism is a rising tide that lifts all boats, it needs to be infused with socialism here and there with extreme care, not replaced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vini said:

Everything. None of these metrics would be improving if it wasn't for Western Capitalism. 

 

That's quite a leap.  Of course there are elements of capitalism in every world economy but without socialist safequards capitalism would crumble.  It's not sustainable on its own just like Marxism is not sustainable on its own.  These graphs are useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capitalism is a requirement for healthy economies for the most part.  There are some exceptions, like Iceland.  The problem that capitalist economies tend to have is they throw a tantrum when it comes to a socialized safety net, which ironically is what keeps the middle class strong, which in turn supports capitalism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capitalism won't last forever. It is already in a pretty big crisis. Competition for the sake of profit is going to deplete the resources we have left and capitalism preaches constant growth on a finite system (Earth) a thing which is logically and practically unsustainable. A change of system is much needed but I don't think it will happen before a huge collapse of the current one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somone explain China's growth. And if capitalism relies on ever expanding markets. Do you realise if China gets a 90%+ car ownership rate like the US, the world pretty much ends.

Edited by #MeToo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dakur said:

Capitalism won't last forever. It is already in a pretty big crisis. Competition for the sake of profit is going to deplete the resources we have left and capitalism preaches constant growth on a finite system (Earth) a thing which is logically and practically unsustainable. A change of system is much needed but I don't think it will happen before a huge collapse of the current one.

It'll last as long as humanity does.  Earth may be finite, but outer space isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

It'll last as long as humanity does.  Earth may be finite, but outer space isn't.

Colonization is going to be a huge market in 50 years. I should start investing in that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, #MeToo said:

Somone explain China's growth. And if capitalism relies on ever expanding markets. Do you realise if China gets a 90%+ car ownership rate like the US, the world pretty much ends.

Bunch of commies

 

Edited by Vini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

It'll last as long as humanity does.  Earth may be finite, but outer space isn't.

The thing is I'm not sure we're going to last until we make it into space at the rate we're going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

notice that after his first comment, people came in taking his entire premise apart...........the only thing vini could respond with was with a motivational poster slogan.:mj:

 

his chart literally says "basic education" and he's using that as a metric of capitalism.

 

BASIC education.............which would be provided through a socialistic method................he used to explain how good capitalism is.:snoop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dakur said:

The thing is I'm not sure we're going to last until we make it into space at the rate we're going. 

Not if republicans are in charge, anywsy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kitad said:

you talk about western capitalism but those metrics are mostly driven by China and India moving out of extreme poverty

 

Which in turn were mostly driven by market reforms in China and India. China began liberalizing its economy in '78, and the results have been incredible. 

 

graph-1-new.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×