Sign in to follow this  
Ramza

Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo up on PSN, eShop and XBL. You can transfer your progress in the full game.

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

DQXI will look and run better than both Doom and Wolfenstein 2 did on Switch.

Set the bar low. :mj:

1 hour ago, Kitad said:

So we get the jrpgs, more options and portabilty?

Keep on winning Ninty :tom5:

I was just playing the VC4 demo and this game is perfect for taking it on the road

Im guessing this is the first VC game you've played. The battles get progressively longer and more demanding the further you get, its definitely not something you can play in short 15 minute sessions while on a bus or train.

Im enjoying the demo, but man the battles are already long and exhausting early on. When you sit down with the game you absolutely need to commit to it, especially if you're someone who likes to take their time like myself. That also makes it more demoralizing when you end up getting a C rank after putting so much time and energy into a fight. I don't think this is a game that benefits from that type of ranking system, it would have been better if they removed it.

There is a proper save system when you're in battle now which is definitely a great addition.

29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im enjoying the demo, but man the battles are already long and exhausting early on. When you sit down with the game you absolutely need to commit to it, especially if you're someone who likes to take their time like myself. That also makes it more demoralizing when you end up getting a C rank after putting so much time and energy into a fight. I don't think this is a game that benefits from that type of ranking system, it would have been better if they removed it.

There is a proper save system when you're in battle now which is definitely a great addition.

I S ranked every missions in the original. You're rarely going to get a S rank on your first try, if ever... that's the point of the ranking system, to give missions some replay value and reward players who mastered a mission with extra money. Once you know the layout of a map, enemies placement, upgraded your classes and equipment, it's not hard at all to rush through it and get it done in just a few turns.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, you're just another scrub asking for a perfectly adequate feature to be removed because you suck.

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

The feeling is mutual. :tom:  

DQXI on Switch is only going to be revealed at TGS, four weeks after it came out on PS4. I actually can't wait to see it though, just to see how shit it actually is on Switch. :D 

And... :holeup:

e61ad4575d.jpg

It's like they used assets from Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP. What an embarrassment. Low res PSP textures, worse framerates, 360p.  :mickeyj:

You are such a fucking liar.  The game looks nothing like this on Switch.  It almost looks exactly like the ps4 version.  

1 minute ago, lostfool said:

You are such a fucking liar.  The game looks nothing like this on Switch.  It almost looks exactly like the ps4 version.  

Lol, look at the sheep coming out of their caves crying foul play. I took that screenshot from one of RemiJ's thread from a while back. Like I said, I don't keep up with Snitch news so I didn't know any better. This was the last time I saw the Switch version anywhere.

Here's the thread in question:

And no doubt the Ditch version will be shown to be significantly worse when a site like DF makes a deeper analysis of both versions. It's the Switch we are talking about here, it's always going to be inferior so you better get ready to bend over and get fucked, over and over again. 

8 hours ago, Ramza said:

I S ranked every missions in the original. You're rarely going to get a S rank on your first try, if ever... that's the point of the ranking system, to give missions some replay value and reward players who mastered a mission with extra money. Once you know the layout of a map, enemies placement, upgraded your classes and equipment, it's not hard at all to rush through it and get it done in just a few turns.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, you're just another scrub asking for a perfectly adequate feature to be removed because you suck.

I’m not saying I don’t suck but i still don’t see the benefit of the ranking system. As far as a i know FFT and other revered srpgs don’t have one. It’s not even clear about how it’s calculated, it almost looks like the number of turns you take are the biggest factor. That’s a silly metric to go by because it punishes people like myself who take their time. I killed every enemy on the map while losing nobody, but because I didn’t blindly rush to capture the base at the end I got penalized.

53 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’m not saying I don’t suck but i still don’t see the benefit of the ranking system. As far as a i know FFT and other revered srpgs don’t have one. It’s not even clear about how it’s calculated, it almost looks like the number of turns you take are the biggest factor. That’s a silly metric to go by because it punishes people like myself who take their time. I killed every enemy on the map while losing nobody, but because I didn’t blindly rush to capture the base at the end I got penalized.

Turns taken is the biggest factor. This is war, you're not meant to take 3 days to capture a base. It actually reflects how battles were fought in WW2, the goal was never to eradicate every enemy but to take important strategic points quickly and force the enemies to surrender or push them back. Losing soldiers doesn't even affect the ranking iirc (don't do suicide runs though, you don't want to permanently lose any soldier)

The game is way too easy when you take your time to fully move all your soldiers and make sure you're always in a safe spot surrounded by tons of allies. You're supposed to take risks and rush in with just a few units. It makes perfect sense to me. I know it's not necessarily the best tactical approach but that's kinda the whole point, to reward the player that took risks and still came on top.

Here's a tip, never bring all your soldiers with you (always bring all important units that gives extra stars though), keep some empty slots and when you capture a spawn point, bring in some reinforcement and rush in with those new units instead.

And like I said, you're rarely ever going to get an A on your first try and that's perfectly fine. It gives the game replay value and without the ranking there would be very little reason to go back and master a mission.

I kinda understand that it's a bit frustrating but don't let it discourage you, killing a lot of units will reward you with cash anyway. You won't get punished too hard for not getting the best rank on your first try. Once you unlocked a few more upgrades and raised your classes levels, it's not too hard to go back to earlier missions and get that A.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Turns taken is the biggest factor. This is war, you're not meant to take 3 days to capture a base. It actually reflects how battles were fought in WW2, the goal was never to eradicate every enemy but to take important strategic points quickly and force the enemies to surrender or push them back. Losing soldiers doesn't even affect the ranking iirc (don't do suicide runs though, you don't want to permanently lose any soldier)

The game is way too easy when you take your time to fully move all your soldiers and make sure you're always in a safe spot surrounded by tons of allies. You're supposed to take risks and rush in with just a few units. It makes perfect sense to me. I know it's not necessarily the best tactical approach but that's kinda the whole point, to reward the player that took risks and still came on top.

Here's a tip, never bring all your soldiers with you (always bring all important units that gives extra stars though), keep some empty slots and when you capture a spawn point, bring in some reinforcement and rush in with those new units instead.

And like I said, you're rarely ever going to get an A on your first try and that's perfectly fine. It gives the game replay value and without the ranking there would be very little reason to go back and master a mission.

I kinda understand that it's a bit frustrating but don't let it discourage you, killing a lot of units will reward you with cash anyway. You won't get punished too hard for not getting the best rank on your first try. Once you unlocked a few more upgrades and raised your classes levels, it's not too hard to go back to earlier missions and get that A.

That makes sense, thanks for the info. I think in head types of games I just have the compulsive need to kill all enemies and try to make as perfect of a run as possible. I had a tough time with the original game and I think it was because I had that same mentality while playing it.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

That makes sense, thanks for the info. I think in head types of games I just have the compulsive need to kill all enemies and try to make as perfect of a run as possible. I had a tough time with the original game and I think it was because I had that same mentality while playing it.

That would be the right mindset to have in most SRPGs to be honest, in FFT or Tactics Ogre you want to gain as much EXP as possible. I always complete the objective at the very end after I killed everyone in those games.

Are you buying this? I still haven't tried the demo yet by the way. I have it downloaded but I'll wait until we're closer to the release date.

5 hours ago, Ramza said:

That would be the right mindset to have in most SRPGs to be honest, in FFT or Tactics Ogre you want to gain as much EXP as possible. I always complete the objective at the very end after I killed everyone in those games.

Are you buying this? I still haven't tried the demo yet by the way. I have it downloaded but I'll wait until we're closer to the release date.

Yeah ill probably buy it. Im not sure how long the demo is but i've played it for a hour and a half already so its pretty meaty. 

One thing I’m only now realizing is that there’s no aircraft or aerial combat of any kind. I know controlling planes wouldn’t really work given how the gameplay is designed, but it would be cool if they were relegated to support roles, i.e you could call them in to bomb/strafe specific targets.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

One thing I’m only now realizing is that there’s no aircraft or aerial combat of any kind. I know controlling planes wouldn’t really work given how the gameplay is designed, but it would be cool if they were relegated to support roles, i.e you could call them in to bomb/strafe specific targets.

Its a demo...

18 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Its a demo...

That’s not what I meant. There don’t appear to be aircraft or aerial vehicles in the game’s universe at all.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

That’s not what I meant. There don’t appear to be aircraft or aerial vehicles in the game’s universe at all.

There's one in the first game... right at the very end in a cut-scene. 

All I'm saying is that it's possible that we might see something later in the full game?  

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

You can call artillery strikes by giving orders with the commander since the first game. So that doesn't really add anything.

But yeah, if they want to truly expand the gameplay, some type of air units could be cool if done right.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

There's one in the first game... right at the very end in a cut-scene. 

All I'm saying is that it's possible that we might see something later in the full game?  

The full game has been out for nearly 6 months now and I haven't seen anything of the sort.

It should at least be part of the universe. It doesn't really make sense for them to make an anime version of WW2 spanning 4 games but leave out air warfare. It would give them more freedom story and gameplay wise. Like picture battles where you'd have to sneak into a base and destroy AA emplacements so troops could parachute in. Or defending an airport so civilians or allied troops can evacuate on planes.