Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Doom Enternal gameplay vid... ID tech 7 Engine

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The company promises that the new engine is capable of delivering a 10-times increase in geometric detail vs. id Tech 6

That doesn't really mean anything... and I'm not really seeing it... or it's not translating very well in the admittedly shitty quality video. 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That doesn't really mean anything... and I'm not really seeing it... or it's not translating very well in the admittedly shitty quality video. 

Well it's a 1080p video with artifacts all over the place.

Another thing, did the forum theme just get darker or am I trippin?

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 1

It looks better but not that much better 

The thing that sticks out most to be in environmental variety .

That wasn't good in the first one . It seems to play slower too but maybe I'm not remember the original .

I'll try it out again since I played it before the X update .

Hopefully this game is a little bit shorter . The first one dragged towards the end 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well it's a 1080p video with artifacts all over the place.

Another thing, did the forum theme just get darker or am I trippin?

Yea it's kinda hard to see small surface detail when the video quality is that bad.  You can still tell it looks amazing though.

About the fourm, not that I've noticed.  It looks the same to me.  

So, let me get this straight.

Dynocrap has been absolutely ass-shredded this entire week because his predictions have turned out wrong, over and over and over and over.

So, naturally, he commits to making about 4 different predictions in this single thread.

There's a very good chance that id "Tech 7" is just a modified version of Tech 6, or else they'd be making a bigger deal about it, doing more extensive demos of the engine during QuakeCon, which is happening right now.

8 minutes ago, #MeToo said:

Geomtery could be used for tons of shit on screen, not just visual improvements.

By definition geometry is something you see on screen, and something on screen is visual therefore if it's better it's a visual improvement...

:cosby2:

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Either way.. just because the engine is capable of something doesn't mean that the current generation of console hardware is... so again, as a 60fps game... you're not getting 10x the geometric detail.  But after watching it again, it does look more densely detailed than anything from the first game. 

Still need better vid though.

I guess they are gearing the engine up for next gen hardware.. so we'll see it in all it's glory  relatively soon.

Called it - they're making the game switch in mind just like I said... they even mention there is a difference between porting a game/engine and developing a game/engine with a system in mind.  lmfao DynamiteCop lmfao. 

So you're developing it internally?

Marty Stratton: No. We're actually working with Panic Button again, but before, we made the game and then we brought it to Switch, and now we are making the game with Switch in mind" 

On 2018-08-10 at 3:20 PM, Goukosan said:

Im stating the reason why a port of an engine differs from and engine that was built with a system in mind.

and also its planned for a day and date release on Switch as well. 

Will the game launch on Switch at the same time as PC, PS4 and Xbox One?

Marty Stratton: "That's the plan right now; we'll see. We're still a way away from launching but we have made the decision to make Switch a, what we call internally, 'first class citizen'."

On 2018-08-10 at 3:49 PM, Twinblade said:

really not impressed. just looks like an expansion for the first game.

its hard to make a sequel to perfection 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Its probably just an more efficient-running version of the iD Tech 6 engine, to the point where they decided to call it iD Tech 7.

10 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Called it - they're making the game switch in mind just like I said... they even mention there is a difference between porting a game/engine and developing a game/engine with a system in mind.  lmfao DynamiteCop lmfao. 

So you're developing it internally?

Marty Stratton: No. We're actually working with Panic Button again, but before, we made the game and then we brought it to Switch, and now we are making the game with Switch in mind" 

and also its planned for a day and date release on Switch as well. 

Will the game launch on Switch at the same time as PC, PS4 and Xbox One?

Marty Stratton: "That's the plan right now; we'll see. We're still a way away from launching but we have made the decision to make Switch a, what we call internally, 'first class citizen'."

Sounds like they had 20fps and 360p SUB SD in mind lmfao