Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Digital Foundry Analysis

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Oh and ouch man... both PRO and X1X versions are quite disappointing in both modes lmao.  FPS modes that never reach 60... resolution modes that scale and never reach targets... :scust:

:tom: 

We're looking a 3x pixel count increase over base PS4. Don't see an issue, and in high ress mode the Pro performance is more stable than base.

I think it's a good improvement for a console thats only $100 more than base.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, well when your consoles misses out on tons of games and has no exclusives... you basically have nothing left other than that tiny bit of resolution

I must say, if you don't engage him directly - which I am loathe to do; he's entertaining as fuck. The circles he runs in to defend things, and the corners he boxes himself into are fantastic.  

Here you go again, butthurt and running to alternative sources.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Aza Team 2019 said:

We're looking a 3x pixel count increase over base PS4. Don't see an issue, and in high ress mode the Pro performance is more stable than base.

I think it's a good improvement for a console thats only $100 more than base.

I think both modes fail at what they are supposed to do :shrug:   

60fps Mode is fail, but that was expected due to the CPU.

I don't see how ress mode isn't delivering. :reg: 

Did you look at the Xbox One X version?  lmao terrible dips and awful tearing...  lmao tanking the fps anytime you jump into water or stress it in any way.  :hest: 

Just now, Aza Team 2019 said:

Yes. The X.

The Pro has the best resolution mode that has no tearing, and is almost locked to 30fps. I don't care about the X lol.

What? The X is raw rendering a 132% higher resolution. If they removed the checkerboarding the Pro version would top out at maybe 1440p, its raw render is currently below that by half a 720p frame.

Also patches, optimizations etc. The drops are insignificant enough to be overlooked by the glaring difference in image quality. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What? The X is raw rendering a 132% higher resolution. If they removed the checkerboarding the Pro version would top out at maybe 1440p, its raw render is currently below that by half a 720p frame.

Also patches, optimizations etc. The drops are insignificant enough to be overlooked by the glaring difference in image quality. 

I don't care what the X or S version runs, all I care is that the Pro improvement is good over base.

I don't care what the X or S version runs, all I care is that the Pro improvement is good over base.

PRO's resolution mode is a joke.  Game looks soft as fuck.. your version sucks Aza.. and lmao input lag  :tom: 

Tears. The iteration consoles are pulling off some impressive results compared to most PCs out there.

Care. :hest: 

Worse input lag than Rise on Xbox One?  LMAO that's what made me and CM give up playing the game on Xbox..

Bu but it's pretty good!  :idid:

:ovolol:

4 minutes ago, Carlos Vela said:

Beefy PC’s struggle too,  well at least at max Settings with TAA.

1080p and 3440x1440 below

3440x1440 would be significantly lower res than X1X version 

78D9F143-6F93-4FA3-833F-F713BF845E73.jpeg

9361FCD8-CA10-4DD3-A090-71F32C75C55A.jpeg

The X is performing in this game at what I would say is in between 980 Ti and GTX 1070 performance, that's a very solid showing. 

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The consoles aren't running at "maxed out" settings... :snoop: 

It's no doubt very close, especially on the X/Pro, PC will look nigh identical. You're also not accounting for the resolution disparity. 3440x1440 is like 2/3 of the X's rendering resolution, if you shifted the settings to what the X is at and increased the resolution it's basically a 980 Ti / GTX 1070 sandwich.

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's no doubt very close, especially on the X/Pro, PC will look nigh identical. You're also not accounting for the resolution disparity. 3440x1440 is like 2/3 of the X's rendering resolution, if you shifted the settings to what the X is at and increased the resolution it's basically a 980 Ti / GTX 1070 sandwich.

Nah, it's not no doubt very close lol..  Using Rise as an example the difference between high and ultra visually is not immediately obvious in certain settings... but the performance impact sure is.  If you ran the Xbox One X at Ultra PC settings, the GPU would massively bottleneck... you know this... I don't have to explain it to you.

And I noticed they used Driver 399.07 and not the GameReady 399.24... 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nah, it's not no doubt very close lol..  Using Rise as an example the difference between high and ultra visually is not immediately obvious in certain settings... but the performance impact sure is.  If you ran the Xbox One X at Ultra PC settings, the GPU would massively bottleneck... you know this... I don't have to explain it to you.

Yeah, and at say 3440x1440 it would no doubt run comparably to a 980 Ti / GT even if it were pinned at Ultra settings. The game isn't as far off from those settings right now as you think it is.