Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Digital Foundry Analysis

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, well when your consoles misses out on tons of games and has no exclusives... you basically have nothing left other than that tiny bit of resolution

I must say, if you don't engage him directly - which I am loathe to do; he's entertaining as fuck. The circles he runs in to defend things, and the corners he boxes himself into are fantastic.  

Here you go again, butthurt and running to alternative sources.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I use it as an explanation to account for performance differences.. which make sense.  Dynamite's acting like saying it drops res is the end of the fucking world.. and that I'm saying X1X is weak or some shit because of it.. lmao.

NO REMIJ IT DOESN'T!!!  DIGITAL FOUNDRY SAID NO!!  :cries:

60fps or bust.

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The guy's entire existence currently relies of the small performance boost of the X, he and the other lems make nothing but DF threads, he has all the other systems and literally just doesn't play all the GOTY contenders they make because he's such a fanboy. Just give him his DF thread bro, he needs it more than you. 

Yea, well when your consoles misses out on tons of games and has no exclusives... you basically have nothing left other than that tiny bit of resolution :mjgrin:

• Upvote 1
  • NPC 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Ain't that the truth. 

I just think it's hilarious the angle that he's playing in this thread... like I'm hell starved on degrading the X or something... like as if I don't speak highly of it 99% of the time... ROFL.  He just got insta-bitchmade when I posted the NXGamer numbers.  This motherfucker telling me I'm scouring the net looking for ways to hate on X1X... rofl... this is the same guy that emailed Gamespot asking the reviewer why Xbox One wasn't listed on the review page :kaz: 

:lawl: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I just think it's hilarious the angle that he's playing in this thread... like I'm hell starved on degrading the X or something... like as if I don't speak highly of it 99% of the time... ROFL.  He just got insta-bitchmade when I posted the NXGamer numbers.  This motherfucker telling me I'm scouring the net looking for ways to hate on X1X... rofl... this is the same guy that emailed Gamespot asking the reviewer why Xbox One wasn't listed on the review page :kaz: 

Wait, he actually e-mailed them? :| 

:cruise:

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Because he needs it to not only be good, but the best. If you say PC is better than somehow that is a personal insult to him mostly cause he has to justify what he plays in his mind. This is the same guy that is excited for Tomb Raider but hates Uncharted, same guy that isnt interested in GoW, UC, TLoU, etc because they are 'moviegames' yet his fav PS4 games are The Order and Detroit (actual movie games). Don't try apply logic here. 

Worst part about all of it is he is real lol not the usual SW character or troll :D 

Biggest accomplishment was getting GS to added 'Xbox One' under available platforms for VC4 :D Serious business. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

He private messaged the reviewer of Valkyrie Chronicles to ask why the review page didn't say it was available on Xbox One :D

I must say, if you don't engage him directly - which I am loathe to do; he's entertaining as fuck. The circles he runs in to defend things, and the corners he boxes himself into are fantastic.

Cheers, to the guys who keep him posting paragraphs of circular logic. :salute:

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

lmao... as someone in the comments posted... the X Enhanced trailer says "Native 4K - highest gameplay resolution"

AkF38wz.png

It's fucking dynamic... lmao.. DynaRaped :mickeyj:

You're applying context to a double entendre as you don't even know if that is what it means. That statement can be read two ways with two entirely different meanings, also you're forgetting that what these guys have are pre-release builds, don't get too confident. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're applying context to a double entendre as you don't even know if that is what it means. That statement can be read two ways with two entirely different meanings, also you're forgetting that what these guys have are pre-release builds, don't get too confident. 

I know that NXGamer counted a dynamic resolution...  I know that it's MORE likely that it means what I think it means than what you think it means.  If it didn't... then it wouldn't need to be there to begin with.... Again, I already told you that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if it does or doesn't... but if it DOES... then it EXPLAINS things...  just as it did with FC5... But noooo you simply can't let that go... lmao.

And congrats... I read the same comment that you did...  LMAO  This was the same excuse that was used for Far Cry 5... "bu but maybe it changed since when DF looked at it and VGTech.. :roll: 

Believe what you want man.. I don't care... it changes nothing. 

21 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Cheers, to the guys who keep him posting paragraphs of circular logic. :salute:

:bena:

Just now, Remij_ said:

I know that NXGamer counted a dynamic resolution...  I know that it's MORE likely that it means what I think it means than what you think it means.  If it didn't... then it wouldn't need to be there to begin with.... Again, I already told you that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if it does or doesn't... but if it DOES... then it EXPLAINS things...  just as it did with FC5... But noooo you simply can't let that go... lmao.

And congrats... I read the same comment that you did...  LMAO  This was the same excuse that was used for Far Cry 5... "bu but maybe it changed since when DF looked at it and VGTech.. :roll: 

Believe what you want man.. I don't care... it changes nothing. 

You don't find it a bit odd that NX Gamer came up with the same obscure resolution figure DF did of 3584x2016? The exact number they did? That doesn't strike you as the least bit odd with all the variables a dynamic scaler could have that he came up with that exact obscure figure? Well let's say it doesn't peak your curiosity, the statement of "NATIVE 4K ULTRA HD  - HIGHEST GAMEPLAY RESOLUTION" can also mean that the game is running at "NATIVE 4K ULTRA HD" which for consoles is the " HIGHEST GAMEPLAY RESOLUTION". Also again they are testing a pre-release build of the game which as many or basically all games do they get a day one update. 

It's not about believing what I want, it's about making sense of available information, about making sense of the operation of the game. Even on the Pro DF got no resolution variance just as they got no resolution variance on the X, none yet they picked up the Pro's checkerboarding without issue. 

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You don't find it a bit odd that NX Gamer came up with the same obscure resolution figure DF did of 3584x2016? The exact number they did? That doesn't strike you as the least bit odd with all the variables a dynamic scaler could have that he came up with that exact obscure figure? Well let's say it doesn't peak your curiosity, the statement of "NATIVE 4K ULTRA HD  - HIGHEST GAMEPLAY RESOLUTION" can also mean that the game is running at "NATIVE 4K ULTRA HD" which for consoles is the " HIGHEST GAMEPLAY RESOLUTION". Also again they are testing a pre-release build of the game which as many or basically all games do they get a day one update. 

It's not about believing what I want, it's about making sense of available information, about making sense of the operation of the game. Even on the Pro DF got no resolution variance just as they got no resolution variance on the X, none yet they picked up the Pro's checkerboarding without issue. 

The fact that he came out with that number isn't odd at all... the dynamic scaler doesn't shift line by line... it has set values that it will drop to or raise to given a certain performance metric...  It's not odd.. it's understandable... and lends credibility to him that he's right about it being dynamic.

I already explained to you that I understand the ways the statement can be interpreted... but I'm slapping you in the face with very rational reasons why it's likely NOT the way you want it to be...  If the normal res is 100% 3584x2016... as both DF and NXG agree... then the fact that NATIVE 4K is the higest resolution it reaches... CONFIRMS that there's a dynamic scaler dumbass... and if you agree with THAT... then you can agree that it might DROP lower...

I told you again.. John has admitted that he's fucked up with TAA before... the fact is that the dynamic nature which the other outlets suggested lends credence to MY views on the performance given the available information... 

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The fact that he came out with that number isn't odd at all... the dynamic scaler doesn't shift line by line... it has set values that it will drop to or raise to given a certain performance metric...  It's not odd.. it's understandable... and lends credibility to him that he's right about it being dynamic.

I already explained to you that I understand the ways the statement can be interpreted... but I'm slapping you in the face with very rational reasons why it's likely NOT the way you want it to be...  If the res is 100% 3584x2016... as both DF and NXG agree... then the fact that NATIVE 4K is the higest resolution it reaches... CONFIRMS that there's a dynamic scaler dumbass... and if you agree with THAT... then you can agree that it might DROP lower...

I told you again.. John has admitted that he's fucked up with TAA before... the fact is that the dynamic nature which the other outlets suggested lends credence to MY views on the performance given the available information... 

Yet you're ignoring that it's pre-release code which generally differs from release code where most games get day one updates or simply a final build is released. It being at 3584x2016 doesn't mean it's dynamic, it could be 100% fixed with the final release update not having been applied yet. In terms of dynamic scaling only a three step shift is pretty much unheard of, it's a totally lopsided shift as well if you weigh the counts in between shifts. These kind of coincidences don't seem to ever crop up, and not once have differing orgs come up with same numbers for obscure counts, it's never happened. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Yet you're ignoring that it's pre-release code and which generally differs from release code where most games get day one updates or simply a final build is released. It being at 3584x2016 doesn't mean it's dynamic, it could be 100% fixed with the final release update not having been applied yet. In terms of dynamic scaling only a three step shift is pretty much unheard of, it's a totally lopsided shift as well if you weigh the counts in between shifts. These kind of coincidences don't seem to ever crop up, and not once have differing orgs come up with same numbers for obscure counts, it's never happened. 

Oh for fuck sakes... Just a bit ago you were fine with comparing it to those PC benchmarks...  I even specifically said that they were using an old driver in those benchmarks too... I didn't see you holding off judgement until the final game is released with patch and driver... :roll: 

And I never said there was only 3 set dynamic resolutions... I said it doesn't shift line by line every second...  You're speaking out of your ass right now Dynamite... you can get away with this with other posters but not me.  I see right through you.

It's not 100% fixed... that much is obvious to me already.  It's dynamic... and reaches native 4K at points... and drops as low as 3200x1800 :shrug: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Oh for fuck sakes... Just a bit ago you were fine with comparing it to those PC benchmarks...  I even specifically said that they were using an old driver in those benchmarks too... I didn't see you holding off judgement until the final game is released with patch and driver... :roll: 

And I never said there was only 3 set dynamic resolutions... I said it doesn't shift line by line every second...  You're speaking out of your ass right now Dynamite... you can get away with this with other posters but not me.  I see right through you.

It's not 100% fixed... that much is obvious to me already.  It's dynamic... and reaches native 4K at points... and drops as low as 3200x1800 :shrug: 

We'll see but I'm banking on you're 100% wrong, those framerate dips are not indicative of something scaling.