August NPD Pre-release results (Hardware)... Switch #1

38 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

DynamiteCop first miscalculates that including Jan and Feb that Switch is down YOY WW.   Bbbut teh 5%.:grimaceleft: when its actually up over 3% including Jan and Feb. 

He then realizes that he was wrong, so he miscalculates the percentage of the US Switch market share in 2017.  He then uses that miscalculation to extrapolate that same percentage over to 2018 (Which is hilarious because even if he calculated the initial percentage correctly, it is still incorrect to extrapolate the same percentage to a different year to pull a number out your ass). 

Lets look at his extrapolated numbers that he pulled out his ass. 

"Given the US is 32.5% of the total global marketshare this means the Switch globally for the months of January and February moved a rough total figure of 1.71 million units based upon the rest of the Earth accounting for 67.5% of the Switch's marketshare. "

Lets assume his 508K number for the US is right (lol) for the US. 

Japan for Jan and Feb sold 441,035. (source Famitsu) 

add those together you get 94935.

Minus that from the 1.7 he extrapolated and pulled out his ass you get 750, 965 remaining for the European nations. 

So according to Dynamite flop numbers from his ass... Europe has a bigger markets share than the US on Switch :mickeyj:

I wonder if his dumbass is still counting UK as separate from Europe (essentially counting it twice.. yea he didn't know that up until recently)... lmfao. 

It does have a bigger marketshare you moron. 

The US is 32.5% of the global marketshare, that's a proven fact given Nintendo's own numbers and the sales rate for 10 months at 4.8 million in the US leveraged against the total of 14.86 million globally for that same 10 months which includes the US figure. You're saying I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass? Do you think that this marketshare that's held fast for 10 previous months is suddenly going have a dramatic change the two following months? You're stupid. 

Europe's population is double the United States, not to mention you're completely discounting South America, Mexico, Canada, the rest of Asia, Australia, Africa, Pacific Island nations, countries in the Caribbean etc.  

The rest of the world is not just Europe, it's not just the US, Japan and Europe you fucking dimwitt, there's 195 countries pal. When the Switch ends 2018 millions of units behind where it ended in 2017 even with two additional months you're going to kill yourself. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes ... he's like 

Xbox is such a fuckin' flop.

This isn't some kind of rebuttal. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It does have a bigger marketshare you moron. 

The US is 32.5% of the global marketshare, that's a proven fact given Nintendo's own numbers and the sales rate for 10 months at 4.8 million in the US leveraged against the total of 14.86 million globally for 10 months which includes the US figure. Europe's population is double the United States, not to mention you're completely discounting South America, Mexico, Canada, all of Asia, Australia, Africa etc. 

The rest of the world is not Europe, it's not just the US, Japan and Europe you fucking dimwitt. 

I know you're geographically challenged (you didn't know the UK sales numbers were included in European sales) 

You probably didn't realize that Chart track numbers include EMA (Europe Middle East and Africa) and that  console gaming market is smaller than the US. 

You probably don't even realize that even though the US doesn't have the biggest population WW.... it does have the biggest share in the console space. 

Lmfao at you taking a point in time share during the launch year and extrapolating it to a different year as if it projects evenly and then using that to pull numbers out your ass. :grimaceleft:

27 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I know you're geographically challenged (you didn't know the UK sales numbers were included in European sales) 

You probably didn't realize that Chart track numbers include EMA (Europe Middle East and Africa) and that  console gaming market is smaller than the US. 

You probably don't even realize that even though the US doesn't have the biggest population WW.... it does have the biggest share in the console space. 

Lmfao at you taking a point in time share during the launch year and extrapolating it to a different year as if it projects evenly and then using that to pull numbers out your ass. :grimaceleft:

Good old Gooberson logic.

32.5% marketshare for March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December 2017

But January and February following immediately after? "NO WAY CAN IT BE THE SAME" :hest: How convenient.... Even if it's not exactly the same it would be close regardless and that number wouldn't increase or dump by much.

In terms of markets of course the US is the largest single market, Europe isn't a market, it's a region built of dozens of independent markets you dumbshit.

45 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Good old Gooberson logic.

32.5% marketshare for March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December 2017

But January and February following immediately after? "NO WAY CAN IT BE THE SAME" :hest: How convenient.... Even if it's not exactly the same it would be close regardless and that number wouldn't increase or dump by much.

In terms of markets of course the US is the largest single market, Europe isn't a market, it's a region built of dozens of independent markets you dumbshit.

The tracking channels track EMA combined.. and even combined the total console userbase in the EMA region is less than the US.... 

of course US percentage would change it can't be the same because the rate of change every Month is not the same across every region you dense ox.  

In those two months (Jan and Feb) the rate of change between the US, Japan, Europe etc... did not maintain the avg rate for those 10 months. 

The  first 10 months period includes a console launch, a shortage, a holiday spike...... Jan and Feb had neither of those....  so of course whatever rate those months had would either increase or decrease what percentage the US base represents. 

I just did the Math....the US  Switch userbase percentage did change....just as I suspected. 

Let's see how long it will take you to figure out the 12 month US share was different than the 10 month US share.....and by how much too. 

Go... :tom5:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

The tracking channels track EMA combined.. and even combined the total console userbase in the EMA region os less than the US.... 

of course US percentage would change it can't be the same because the rate of change every Month is not the same across every region you dense ox.  

In those two months (Jan and Feb) the rate of change between the US, Japan, Europe etc... did not maintain the avg rate that for those 10 months. 

The  first 10 months period includes a console launch, a shortage, a holiday spike...... Jan and Feb had neither of those....  so of course whatever rate those months had would either increase or decrease what percentage the US base represents. 

I just did the Math....the US  Switch userbase percentage did change....

Let's see how long it will take you to figure out the 12 month US share was different than the 10 month US share.....and by how much to. 

Go... :tom5:

I'm not interested, the Switch is way behind 2017 no matter what way you decide to spin Nintendo and NPD, it's going to settle 2018 millions below 2017 and you're going to be pissed.

Get over it.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not interested, the Switch is way behind 2017 no matter what way you decide to spin Nintendo and NPD, it's going to settle 2018 millions below 2017 and you're going to be pissed.

Get over it.

1) It's already ahead in 2018 by over 3%.

2) It will sell more this holiday than last holiday. 

3) I just remembered you expect the Switch to sell the same rate in the 2nd half of 2018 WW as it did in the first half of 2018  WW...... Hence why you think it will end up "millions behind" in 2018 compared to 2017 :mickeyj:

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

1) It's already ahead in 2018 by over 3%.

2) It will sell more this holiday than last holiday. 

3) I just remembered you expect the Switch to sell the same rate in the 2nd half of 2018 WW as it did in the first half of 2018  WW...... Hence why you think it will end up "millions behind" in 2018 compared to 2017 :mickeyj:

Wrong on all accounts. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

1) Lmfao at you still denying that 4.87 >> 4.7

2) Lmfao at you thinking Switch will sell LESS this holiday season compared to last Holiday Season 

:mj:

• It's actually 4.81, and that 4.81 includes two months the Switch was not available in 2017.  Launch aligned it's down in the neighborhood of ~1.7 million so around 3.1 million for the same period of availability in 2017 which netted 4.7 million then. This means it's selling worse in 2018 than it was in 2017 globally.
  • I think it's selling less in general, Nintendo's own figures support it, NPD supports it as it is at 1,995,000 sold in the US through August with 8 months whereas in 2017 it was at 2,108,000 through August with 6 months. Its sales have slowed down. 

On 2018-09-17 at 12:41 AM, DynamiteCop! said:
  •  
  • I think it's selling less in general, Nintendo's own figures support it, NPD supports it as it

NPD press release today - Switch hardware (both units and dollars) are at the highest year-to-date totals since 2011.

bbbbut I think it's selling less than last year :grimaceleft:

Month after month this fool is proven wrong and yet he still pulls numbers out his ass :sabu:

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

NPD press release today - Switch hardware (both units and dollars) are at the highest year-to-date totals since 2011.

bbbbut I think it's selling less than last year :grimaceleft:

Month after month this fool is proven wrong and yet he still pulls numbers out his ass :sabu:

:lawl: