God of War is the best game of this generation.

6 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Well you and other cows also think Yakushit 0 is some phenomenal game while I'm sitting here playing a clean-looking PS2 game with the exact same gameplay and shitty boss fights as all other Yakushit games before.

I'll side with Sabo and TLHBO on this one :danylol:

VR brain rot lmfao

Not sure what Yakuza has to do with GoW but okay. :killzone:  

But I'd suggest playing GoW yourself and form your own opinion. I doubt you would hate it. It's not a 'clean looking PS2 game' so you should be fine. :laff: 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't believe I'm saying this, I always hated the GoW series but this one is a different beast altogether. It's more Legend of Zelda than a pure action game and the puzzles, level design, traversal

Lol some of you guys take gaming way too seriously. It’s subjective. Just agree to disagree. While I think GoW is the “better game”, I enjoyed  Detroit a lot more - and it’s a 7.0 flop. I also couldn’

Bayonetta 2 feels like it had a troubled development. Its pathetically short compared to the OG, terrible boss designs with flying negating all your normal abilities making them pointless. It's nowhere near God of War, and that's from a person that thought OG Bayo shit all over GOW3.

Now Bayonetta 3 with a budget and time is another thing.

9 hours ago, Ramza said:

Platforming was terrible clunky shit with a fixed camera perspective in previous games. WTF are you smoking? I'm glad it's gone in favor of NON platforming. Do platforming right or just don't bother.

[...]

No platforming, simple puzzles, stat-focused combat, but it has good characters?

I can't think of a dumber character in video games than Kratos, and giving him a beard and teaming him up with his young son is supernatural-level cringe.

We're suspending your membership in the Those of Enlightened Taste Gentlemen's Club until you come to your senses. Good God man, and over God of War? :samj:

5 minutes ago, Saucer said:

No platforming, simple puzzles, stat-focused combat, but it has good characters?

I can't think of a dumber character in video games than Kratos, and giving him a beard and teaming him up with his young son is supernatural-level cringe.

We're suspending your membership in the Those of Enlightened Taste Gentlemen's Club until you come to your senses. Good God man, and over God of War? :samj:

Why are you in a gaming thread? :patrice:

Lol some of you guys take gaming way too seriously. It’s subjective. Just agree to disagree. While I think GoW is the “better game”, I enjoyed  Detroit a lot more - and it’s a 7.0 flop. I also couldn’t get into Zelda BOTW after 3 tries. Some things resonate with certain gamers, while others don’t. Nobody’s taste is an absolute. If you think “your taste” is better than another’s, get over yourself.  Also, stop dissecting these games and just enjoy them. :smoke: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Lol some of you guys take gaming way too seriously. It’s subjective. Just agree to disagree. While I think GoW is the “better game”, I enjoyed  Detroit a lot more - and it’s a 7.0 flop. I also couldn’t get into Zelda BOTW after 3 tries. Some things resonate with certain gamers, while others don’t. Nobody’s taste is an absolute. If you think “your taste” is better than another’s, get over yourself.  Also, stop dissecting these games and just enjoy them. :smoke: 

Stfu 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Saucer said:

Kratos is actually a likable protagonist in this for the first time in the series. This isn't your typical God of War game, I always hated the series with a passion. But I'm not praising the game for it's narrative. It's good but I don't really care.

I love the gameplay to gameplay moment in this, every new ability has it's use and stack up with the previous ones to make for great, well thought out levels/traversal. It's Legend of Zelda level good, just a notch under. But in the Playstation ecosystem, it has no equal. The presentation is unparalleled, the level design is intuitive and brilliant, the puzzles are organically spread throughout, the pacing is flawless, the boss fights are epic (most of them anyway). I love it and I haven't played a better game like this, this generation at least.

If you hate on GoW you need to get shot. This is gaming at it's finest. Go back to Kirby Rainbow Land and pretend you have better taste for it, I don't give a fuck. If you hate on GoW you have no taste.

7 hours ago, -GD- said:

Detroit is a great game and you should stop doubting yourself because it didn't get the critical reception it deserves. Heavy Rain is a higher reviewed game for fuck sake, and we both know how superior Detroit is.

Fuck reviews. Do you think I love GoW because it got a 10/10? I don't give a shit. I had really low expectations for it's gameplay before actually playing it.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Detroit is a great game and you should stop doubting yourself because it didn't get the critical reception it deserves. Heavy Rain is a higher reviewed game for fuck sake, and we both know how superior Detroit is.

Fuck reviews. Do you think I love GoW because it got a 10/10? I don't give a shit. I had really low expectations for it's gameplay before actually playing it.

Is Detroit that good? I don’t normally go for that type of game

1 minute ago, Voidler said:

Is Detroit that good? I don’t normally go for that type of game

It's great, your choices do matter and it still manages to have a coherent story with a satisfying conclusion (at least it did for me). Voice actors and writing are really good. It's infinitely better than previous Quantic Dream games.

At first I wasn't too sure about the game when I was still doing menial tasks, I was getting flashback of Heavy Rain but it didn't take too long for the game to hook me. Connor and Markus story arcs are really entertaining.

It's still a cinematic experience type of game but the dialogues tree branch helps the gameplay a lot, as you see where it could have branched off into something different. Made me replay a few chapters.

I can't whole heartily recommend it if you hate these type of games though, while it's great, it's still a story driven/cinematic kinda game. A great one though, shits on Telltale games and the like if you ask me.

• Like 1

Started GoW again from the start, I got pretty far in my previous game but I felt like I missed too many items. Apparently I missed out one of the early three runes chest that rewards you with upgrades. It was really clever to way they hide it (and the runes) using the spiked ceiling puzzle. I fucking love this game, it's brilliant.

It was all done using the axe throw. Lmao, Sabo. What an imbecile.

7 hours ago, Ramza said:

Kratos is actually a likable protagonist in this for the first time in the series. This isn't your typical God of War game, I always hated the series with a passion. But I'm not praising the game for it's narrative. It's good but I don't really care.

I love the gameplay to gameplay moment in this, every new ability has it's use and stack up with the previous ones to make for great, well thought out levels/traversal. It's Legend of Zelda level good, just a notch under. But in the Playstation ecosystem, it has no equal. The presentation is unparalleled, the level design is intuitive and brilliant, the puzzles are organically spread throughout, the pacing is flawless, the boss fights are epic (most of them anyway). I love it and I haven't played a better game like this, this generation at least.

If you hate on GoW you need to get shot. This is gaming at it's finest. Go back to Kirby Rainbow Land and pretend you have better taste for it, I don't give a fuck. If you hate on GoW you have no taste.

its time to stop with this cringe

Critical reception for games in the Detroit genre are pointless because it is such a love or hate genre. Prior to Detroit, the easily best game in the genre; Until Dawn, had a meta of 79. Detroit is an even better game than that and one of the few games where your decisions actually matter and not even in a Path A or B kind of way. It is excellent.