God of War is the best game of this generation.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't believe I'm saying this, I always hated the GoW series but this one is a different beast altogether. It's more Legend of Zelda than a pure action game and the puzzles, level design, traversal

Lol some of you guys take gaming way too seriously. It’s subjective. Just agree to disagree. While I think GoW is the “better game”, I enjoyed  Detroit a lot more - and it’s a 7.0 flop. I also couldn’

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

:D

You should give it a try. It's not what you think it is. Gameplay wise it's near perfect. It's not Naughty Dog overrated type of game at all (which is what I was expecting).

Honest, I'm not being a fanboy here.

11 minutes ago, Aza Team 2019 said:

Your getting RE4 vibes because the pacing is so good.

Well the camera system is near identical but it's also the little thing like the hidden ravens that you have to throw your axe at, which reminds me of the hidden blue medallions in RE4. 

Just now, HolyAx said:

ah gotta love the SW BS here :D 

Funny how it's only people that haven't played it that think I'm somehow full of shit.

Forget SW for a second, this beat Bloodborne for me as game of the generation and it's not something I say lightly. Plus I never liked GoW and I always been biased towards Japanese games.

I'd be hard pressed to find anything negative to say about it.

Just now, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Gonna be tough to top BotW.

Just play GoW. Pretty sure the level design and combat in BOTW aren't nearly as good as this. I haven't played it though but when I hear about the shrines and the combat, yeah it's a safe assumption.

Anyway, apples and oranges. GoW is not open world, it has a huge hub world to explore but still far from being a sandbox.

3 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

:| 

Yeah... it's pretty fucking great. GoW not a linear game like it's predecessors. It's basically Dark Souls/OOT/Metroidvania. It's amazing stuff. 

It's the best action adventure game I ever played on a Playstation console. But you're just gonna hate instead of playing it. lol

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah... it's pretty fucking great. GoW not a linear game like it's predecessors. It's basically Dark Souls/OOT/Metroidvania. It's amazing stuff. 

It's the best action adventure game I ever played on a Playstation console. But you're just gonna hate instead of playing it. lol

dude stop :freeman:

So many ignorant worthless fucks on this forum. Goddamn. :mj: Nevermind the fact that everyone who played it think it's a masterpiece, we are all wrong and being fanboys I suppose.

You guys are right of course, GoW is teh overrated PS excloosif! I'm going back to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider! :D 

16 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah, i'mma say no on the level design based solely on the sheer number of memorable locales in BotW, plus the fact that you can get to those locals from literally any direction due to the traversal mechanics.

Edited by McWickedSmawt85
2 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Yeah, i'mma say no on the level design based solely on the sheer number of memorable locales in BotW, plus the fact that you can get to those locals from literally any direction due to the traversal mechanics.

I haven't played BOTW so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you might be right, I was thinking of the shrines when I said this.

Regardless, GoW level design is excellent and has great traversal/mechanics puzzles. It's quite brilliant and one the level of something like a Legend of Zelda game, the hub world alone is pretty awesome. I wasn't expecting this out of this game. I'm so pleasantly surprised by all of this.