So Yeah... PuBG is in Trouble - Black Ops IV - BR Mode is umm... well, great?

This from a guy who isn't a fan of either (Battle Royale, nor Call of Duty) it's a fantastic endeavour. The gunplay/TTK is satisfying, the upgrades work well, as well as the menu system isn't a giant clusterfuck - meaning the UI works well.

The matches are super quick to join, the map is large enough to sustain 84 players, but you can still 'hoof it' to make it inside the zone without the need for a vehicle. There are zombies, but only in several sections, and this is typically where the good shit is as well; level 3 armour, .50 Cal sniper rifle, Machine guns, etc.

I've only played a few matches thus far, and spent some time watching streams of it being played - as the Beta just went Public as of 10 AM PST/1 PM EST.

Anyone want to add me on Battle.net: TehDiplomat

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
Just now, Jon2B said:

There is a public beta ? How does it run on your PC?

Runs fine on my PC, stable FPS - above 60.

Yeah Beta is now public. You get it through Battle.net since it's an Activision game. Will run through the 17th.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/apps/battle.net/desktop

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Ike said:

This game is going to dominate sales when it releases and have legs for a long time. I haven't played a CoD since MW2, I might look into this but Sony sucks ass for it's crossplay policy.

Yeah this is my thinking too, I mean my last CoD title was the first Black Ops game (x360), prior to that is was debut of Modern Warfare, (PC) and then the Original (PC)+ United Godfensive :glad:

The perks you pick up are well done as well, you choose when you want to implement them, and they typically last 300 secs/5 Mins, so enough that you may not want to use right away, but long enough to where you're not too worried about never getting the advantage of its use.

I just deployed both the one for faster movement while crouch/prone, and the silent movement one. Ended up sprinting around whilst crouched :lawd:

Very smart of them to give PC users an open beta, and basically try the game for free.

My understanding is that Call of Duty has never really blown up on PC, but if this starts getting a big PC crowd, they will buy the game at full price.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Very smart of them to give PC users an open beta, and basically try the game for free.

My understanding is that Call of Duty has never really blown up on PC, but if this starts getting a big PC crowd, they will buy the game at full price.

With the Battle Royale shit they realize how important it is for them to get the PC audience if they want to compete with games like Fortnite and PUBG.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah PS4 got the Beta Early, then early access (via Key, or Pre-Purchase) was on 14 Sept. for PC. but now open until 17 September.

But considering they're trying to compete with other Battle Royale games (PuBG/Fortnite) - which have huge followings on PC, sort of necessary, but great really.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat